This in-game advertisement is shameful, CCP

Yes, there was no intention, but the ad exists, and product existed. Ad is for product you could have found at fanfest one time. Back then the ad for Quafe existed also in game.

This is one of the more immersive ads I’ve seen in games. As Quafe is an EVE-related product not sold in the real world (outside maybe fanfests), I really like ads like this that make the EVE universe feel like a real place with ads, without breaking the 4th wall by adding real-world connections to it.

Selling PLEX ingame in a popup window is a whole different matter.

8 Likes

I like the one with planet locations in game that you cant visit. But at least you can see them in ad.

2 Likes

Do you people ever stop complaining?

2 Likes

No. Should we? :open_mouth:

It is a complainception.

Stop complaining about complaints!

1 Like

So we’re playing a mobile game now it seems. This is not what I pay a subscription for. Screw this.

1 Like

No way this is real lmao

Sums you up princess…

Anyway.

FTR :

Hellmar got his big paycheck from PA, and is on the way out.

And yes, they will stretch the ending of this game until there is not a single cow to left to milk, because: $$$

That’s it.

The love to develop the game for the game’s sake left long long ago.

1 Like

If you don’t like it, stop playing and send me your stuff.

Well said.

Reflecting on my first ship losses this type of popup marketing would have immediately caused me to ask WTF? Instead I got to meet other more experienced and mostly helpful players. I got motivated to learn more about the game mechanics and even had a minor skill injector addiction problem that I fortunately got over quickly. I think it would be a sad state for new players to falsely think simply tossing money at any given in game obstacle is the final solution. Certainly a larger and more expensive ship in the hands of an inexperienced player will only lead to a more painful loss and kill mail.

EVE is a long game.

Enjoy the ride.

2 Likes

Haha, mine was pretty substantial. I never had any ISK in my wallet because if I did it would go to injectors. Then when I passed the 50M SP I stopped.

I still never have ISK in my wallet though, not sure what’s up with that.

1 Like

Metaphors are never accurate, but they can be fun :rofl:
Here’s one about the emergence of this in game ad and, apparently, its effect on most EvE pilots. Make of it what you will, ccp, and perhaps do some soul searching with your marketing guys ?

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the common refrain I hear from many newer pilots.

I think there is an injector culture, which is entirely fine, that was a clever mechanic implemented by CCP that heavily favors new players over older, higher SP players, and the injector/extractor market is an indirect money maker that feels well meshed with the game at this point.

CCP however, has since taken it one step farther, they now sell skillpoints directly, something they promised they would never do, and feels like a cheap cutout of the in game market in order to make more profit directly.

This in game advertisement is another example of this sort of behavior.

CCP is acting like an addict, desperate for funding, that is slowly but steadily escalating their behavior to support that addiction. Don’t get me wrong, I understand there are external pressures, and many foresaw this when Pearl Abyss became involved, but whoever is in charge of making these marketing decisions at the company, however well-meaning, is the villain here and needs to realize the damage they are doing.

3 Likes

Hilmar - ‘Greed is Good’

Fearless is/was CCP’s internal magazine.

2 Likes

I guess this is the end boy’s was a good ride while it lasted.

5 Likes

When can we expect to see your quit thread posted?

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Who makes quit threads xD?

Drama queens that post things like “I guess this is the end boy’s was a good ride while it lasted.”.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses: