This in-game advertisement is shameful, CCP

Can I have your stuff?

Heh I was just kidding because its about time for the eve is ending time of the year but I guess you seem to take everything super seriously but I understand why you do becuase you do seem to spend hours a day trolling on forums you must be pretty invested into these forums with all the time you have already dedicated.

Close to 100 days of read time that is pretty impressive gz.

3 Likes

Sure, wait for me in Jita I’ll meet you at the undock as soon as I log on.

it’s pretty sad, my sister actually started a char about 2 weeks ago just training it up becuase she wanted to see what eve was like. Today she saw this went immediately to get her ship blown up to see if this was real and not some troll photoshop post, got blown up in tama saw it laughed and is now uninstalling the game xD

so yea I can see a lot of player drops just from this.

4 Likes

Possibly but they’ll destroy the game and have to rebuild the system to do it. Eve wasn’t built with micro transactions in mind when it started, it was a standard subscription game. There is very little to be monetized in eve for it to work. Skins work great, MCT, and injectors are all great but that’s nothing compared to a game like GW2. Even if they provide sp for straight cash, the game doesn’t give you instant gratification for your purchase and in this case, means nothing because skill is needed in addition to sp. Players aren’t going to just drop cash non-stop for nothing.

IF they finished WIS they could have gone down the inevitable MTX road and keep this game alive but if they do this now the game will die without a major overhaul to make MTX work. However, that’ll just end up being the same result because all of us aren’t likely to stay. Either they try to gain subs and retain players or I fear we are at the beginning of the end.

1 Like

If they want to destroy their game and rebuild it, that is their decision. As a consumer, you are the one who decides if you want to tag along for that bumpy ride. You show your support or the lack of it with your wallet.

CCP seems to think microtransactions are the future for EVE. They are completely in their right to make this switch. Whether or not the analysis of their monetization is correct, that is yet to be seen. If this means the beginning of the end, then so be it. Many companies fail, CCP is not the first.

I have removed a large number of off topic posts. Additionally, I am going to remind people that rule 4 exists for a reason. This will be my only warning on the issue. Disregard it at your own discretion, but know that any consequences are your own doing.

4. Abuse of the forum tools is prohibited.

The EVE Online forums provide several additional plugins and tools, including the ability to embed videos and images, along with additional emojis and polling software. Use of these tools to troll, flame, post inappropriate content or otherwise break the forum rules is prohibited.

5 Likes

I know I’m going to get grief for this, but I have no idea what rule 4 is.

Could you add it to your post, please.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

This is off-topic, but your post is a bit confusing.

Bu rule 4, do you mean

4. Abuse of the forum tools is prohibited.

The EVE Online forums provide several additional plugins and tools, including the ability to embed videos and images, along with additional emojis and polling software. Use of these tools to troll, flame, post inappropriate content or otherwise break the forum rules is prohibited.

By referring to that rule, what in this instance is abuse of forum tools? Flagging long chains of posts until you reach your limit? I don’t have control over how long these chains are, I just flag the off-topic posts as they come. You don’t have an option specifically for this guideline, so I just flag with the options you have to not receive the automated answer you guys come back with when flagging with the custom one.

You encourage flagging posts yourself instead of engaging in these back and forth discussions.

So I hope you can see my confusion and can elaborate?

Apparently yes.
Lost your ship? Throw money at CCP and get back into space in a brand new Destroyer!! YAY! :dancer:

1 Like

Flagging a large number of posts in the same thread is unnecessary, as 1 will get a member of CCP/ISD to review the thread. Baiting flags also goes against the rules, and is subject to moderation. Follow the rules, thanks.

6 Likes

Sorry we had to put you through that.

Edit; Crap, it wont stop me me from doing again though! Gotta keep you on your toes. :heart_eyes:

Flagged for discussing forum moderation.

2 Likes

Touché! That was fast!

remember rule 34 to and make it happen

1 Like

Now that’s a rule I’m very familiar with.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

You da man!! Put your foot down! :+1::heartpulse:

How much do we have to pay to make the ads go away?