To end The War

Beware of smiling villains.

I wish I don’t have to hear this one again.

3 Likes

I admit i am kind of confused. Is this thread even still on topic? if not, what is it about now?

1 Like

Did all these meaningless words end the war yet?

Nope. Neither did all the fighting, or the deaths, meaningful or otherwise.

1 Like

At least these people don’t spend most ot their time loving seeing themselves post.

As sins in this world go, pilot, is liking to talk really a very serious one?

2 Likes

Irrelevant to what i said. You’re so bad, you try to deflect from the fact that you love seeing yourself write posts.

Did your meaningless, self serving drivel end the war yet?

Of course I like writing posts. I’m a regular here, and arrogant enough to think I sometimes have something interesting to say or ask about.

Has it ended the war? Nope.

Do I expect it to ever do so in any remotely direct way? … No. Not really.

Does that mean we shouldn’t talk about it and I should just kill as many people as possible until I’m killed or something? … Somehow I don’t think that’ll solve anything much, either. The particular people we’re mostly talking to here are pretty hard to actually kill by normal means anyway.

It’s hard to find paths forward if you don’t look for them, pilot. That means exploring; exploring in this context means a lot of talking with people.

Maybe my meaningless, self-serving drivel won’t make things better. I’m not sure what will, though, and kicking ideas around isn’t a terrible way to pass time, learn about different points of view, or get to know people.

7 Likes

(That’s a really nice way to say “dunno, did yours?”)

5 Likes

I expect the war to end… when the war breaks out of the sporting event arena and spills over into the wider cluster to consume the empires in fire.

Which, really, can’t come soon enough. Enough patience. Burn it all.

2 Likes

Did you know? According to a still ongoing poll, Amarrians are the most hated race in New Eden. For the most time, Gallente and Amarr continuously switched places, and now the Amarrians look like they’re taking the top spot, now followed by Minmatar.

Maybe the current state of the warzone influences the people’s choices regarding the Minmatar, while i think the reason Amarrians have the lead simply is because they deserve to die.

Did you know? Nobody cares.

1 Like

Well, yes, I agree. You don’t care. :slight_smile:

Luckily, your hot air doesn’t matter much, unless it’s cold outside. And in spaceships it’s always warm anyway. :slight_smile:

Hmm. Someone’s changed their tune.

2 Likes

I doubt my thoughts on the subject are in any way original, but I think the problem with this “war” is that it’s not really a war anymore, it’s a farce. Systems change hands, nothing changes. Ships blow up by the dozen, nothing changes. Endless back-and-forth sniping, chest-thumping and saber-rattling goes on in the IGS, nothing changes. What was the last time this pretend-war had an impact? The Intaki Prime auction? Pardon my ignorance, if not - I’ve spent half a decade staying the hell away from my pod and anything related to it, news included. But as far as I can see, nothing has changed.

I’m not sure baseliners in the affected regions even notice any difference between this “war” and the regular capsuleer skirmishes between lowsec alliances, or even if they notice capsuleers at all.

3 Likes

Yeah. Pretty much an hour ago as I read Dippy’s meaningless, self-serving drivel where he called everyone else’s words meaningless, self-serving drivel. I’m done. Patience and hoping that humanity will stop being a festering cesspit of misbegotten uterine cancer die just like everything else in this dung heap of a cluster.

2 Likes

Apparently I’m out of the loop. Come along then, take your best shot at my remaining faith in humanity and capsuleerdom. I’m bored.

2 Likes

Maybe later, when I’ve been drinking.

2 Likes

oh boy, people really hate the Amarrians. :blush:

From this mostly what I’m getting is that you really hate the Amarrians.

(People from outside the Empire eyeing the Empire and its people warily isn’t exactly … new. A few thousand years as unapologetic conquerors seems to do that to a reputation, even if you start trying to turn it around.)

3 Likes