To the Kahah Free Army, and to all our brothers and sisters in Darkness

I would say every crisis brings with it opportunities, and the present state of affairs does present an opportunity for the Republic.

It is common knowledge that the Empire is reliant on Caldari Megacorps for military equipment and advanced technologies. It is a relationship that has remained profitable, in particular for Lai Dai and Kaalakiota.

However, history has also shown that overexposure to Imperial and Kingdom markets can be disastrous. The mismanagement of policy by Chancellor Karsoth led to a recession in exposed corporations such as Kaalakiota and the wider State which in turn led to social volatility. Corporate boards recognize the need to diversify business outside of Amarr markets.

Placing sanctions on Kaalakiota by the Republic over Kahah would be unwise in my view. The Republic should recognize that at this juncture, with sanctions in place, the Empire and Kingdom lack leverage if the Republic were to open up its own markets to Caldari trade and investment.

If such trade and investment proves lucrative enough to Caldari Megas then that would give the Republic its own leverage to have Caldari companies reduce sales of military equipment into the Empire and Kingdom.

3 Likes

It would appear the spread of fighting has seen mixed results.

1 Like

Itā€™s a war now. What do you expect?

3 Likes

Since this seems to be the main thread where we are discussing the rebellions, I guess Iā€™ll use this one to remind people that I still am offering 200 million ISK for the heads of Sa-Baron Alar Chakaid, Sardar Marshal Soshan Fayez and Royal Commodore Arraz Nomarya for their crimes on Kahah.

And looks like Iā€™ll have to add a couple of more names to the list soon. At least these wastes of oxygen should be less prone to clone unlike the three above.

1 Like

No particular expectation, Ms. Rhiannon. Merely observation.

3 Likes

ā€œThe city of Dabara is reported to be in flames, with Ministry of Internal Order troops exchanging fire with apparently well-armed rebel groups.ā€

Hah. Aahahahahah. Aaaheheh. Well well isnā€™t that delightful?

On another note, it would seem the research done by that Doctor lā€™Agusta (I believe was the name?) is now confirmed through more empirical means. TCMCs are quite a bit more ā€˜resistantā€™ to hallucinogenic agents like Deathglow, and obviously doesnā€™t respond to Insorum. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how quickly and easily the Empire abandons the pretense of ā€˜spiritual guidanceā€™ in favor of ā€˜techno-lobotomized workforceā€™ on a larger scale. Kittenz of course being from a house that revels in that sort of thing probably isnā€™t going to hurt in that regard.

I suppose it really is time to put all those resources to work though, if the flames are rising in such widespread places. I wonder if they realize how much work has gone into these scenarios? How many people have been analyzing industry, infrastructure, commerce, security, manufacture and so on throughout every populated planet in the Empire? I wonder if they realize we arenā€™t relying only on shipping in weapons, since it seems theyā€™ve forgotten we rose up once before without that. We took what we had and kicking in the Empireā€™s teeth with it, and weā€™ve only gotten better at it.

Well, of course they have. Thereā€™s trillions of them and some of them are going to remember and reckon with it, so itā€™s not like itā€™ll come as a surprise. Still, itā€™s not like they can really defend against it either. Send the plans for how to use the powerloader assembly plant to churn out remote controlled monowheel drones with self-destruct capabilities that are surprisingly strong since the original product requires significant reserves to the groups in that location and infantry will suddenly find their transports swarmed and exploding. Send the plans for how to triple the output of the five most common mining tools in the Empire to another location and their combat MTACs are suddenly a whole lot less impervious, and so on and so forth.

Iā€™ll take a pissed off Minmatar with a tool against an Amarr with a gun but a zealot brain any day of the week.

They might be able to prevent too many weapons and such from reaching dirtside, but good luck stopping the signal.

2 Likes

Really, Ms. Delā€™thul, our research was conducted through completely empirical means.

I will also admit my personal pleasure watching the silence of formerly vocal Amarr apologists playing at being humanitarians over events since Kahah.

I suppose the narrative of a benign Empire just doesnā€™t work out in the face of overwhelming evidence.

It just hasnā€™t happened here yet. Aldrithā€™s already been blaming the Matari on the neocomm channels.

3 Likes

Or maybe the point still stands because endless repeating ourselves regarding cultural shifts is a waste of time? Society doesnā€™t travel at the speed of ftl communication after all.

There is no ā€˜cultural shiftā€™, Lord Crases. Open your eyes. As much as you might push for things to be otherwise, you are in the middle of a war between those who would rule their own fates, and those who would kill them rather than acknowledge them to be anything but property.

2 Likes

If I was the only one in the wide universe Iā€™d agree.

It doesnā€™t matter how many of you there are, so long as:

You will not take action against the oppression.
You will not even end your own part in it.
You have absolutely no power to effect change.

2 Likes

What point? The hypocrisy of being a professed humanitarian but supporter of an Amarrian regime that is based on slavery? Essentially implying that Amarr humanitarians care about the welfare and condition of human beings ā€“ just not enslaved human beings in the Empire?

Come now, it was just a poor attempt at PR which only met limited success these few years so long as the blatant violence underpinning Imperial slavery was kept out of the public capsuleer spotlight.

As for talk of ā€œcultural changeā€ in the Empire regarding slavery ā€“ it reads to me like the sort of stunt an abusive partners tries to pull off: Hey babe, I know I invaded your lands and enslaved your ancestors but give me another chance, I can change, I swear it.

And look there already exist Amarr humanitarians and theyā€™re called the SSoE, but the thing is they donā€™t support institutional slavery and donā€™t read like hypocrites on that front.

You canā€™t try to have it both ways by calling yourself such a humanitarian Amarr nice guy, while being an Imperial loyalist and thus perpetuating a centuries old humanitarian crisis.

1 Like

and slave-holder currently engaged in fortifying his holdings, should his property attempt to re-assert their humanity.

2 Likes

I would think, being on the vanguard of cultural change would mean not worrying about a slave revolt? After all why revolt, if reform means they like being slaves after all. /droll_voice

Yes cause everything instantly changes. You desire reform so all you have to do is sign a document and loa! Everyone who agrees with your beliefs know your intentions trusts you completely. Slaves all cheer for you and everyone in your care is free persons. Its all done instantly with wisps of magic gliding over the house turning everything once drab bright.

What a lovely delusion you dwell in!

Yet you are the one trying to issue the promissory notes of change with nothing to underwrite it.

Yes, I post everything I do in The Summit and IGS.

1 Like

I hope it is more substantial than your audience with the King.