Multi-boxing is a players choice not a necessity. If you feel you need to do it ‘just to keep up with the Joneses’ then take a look at what you want from this game.

You can make 3 toons on your account that will do pretty much anything you could want, if you want to do it all at once then become a multi-boxer, if not then don’t.

As for paying for more than 1 account, I have never met a multi-boxer who pays for the game, ever. People multi-box to generate isk to buy PLEX in game.

Your choice, no one else’s.

If you compare it to other games how many give you all skills in every class on the first day? It takes time, same here, you want to go everywhere and do everything, take your 3 character slots and plan. Or multi-box and plan, it still takes a looooong time.

A common misconception is ‘most games ban muilti-boxing’ nope. It used to be but that has changed. Most (non pure pvp) MMO’s know multi/dual boxing is the way and encourage it. Companies like SSG (who now run DDO and LOTRO) will give codes to add your DDO account to your LOTRO account and vice versa, when I put in a ticket to have it done I stated I would be multiboxing 5 accounts, the reply I received was ‘have fun’

Multi-boxing is just another game dimension, it does not cost real life money unless you want it to. Other people multi-boxing can only break your game if you let it , like griefers, bumpers, gankers or anything else in this game.

As for botting, who cares? A station trader can break markets quicker than a botter (and do), all the ice and ore replenishes every 24 hours, PLEX prices are affected mainly by CCP thinking up new idiotic ways to spend them, if you see a botter and don’t like it, KILL THEM, they will move on.

No reason to change what is currently.

If you want to fly two toons, sub them both and walla.

Last thing we need is flying an Alpha along an Omega forcing everyone to multibox, and < doubling a fleets size due to “free” Alpha alongside the Omega.

That would concretely make multiboxing a requirement in that new meta.

Also why should CCP give away a free Alpha alongside an Omega. That just de-incentives subbing another Omega.

I can confirm that if it was allowed to have an Omega and an Alpha online at the same time I would immediately start doing it, so add me to your evidence folder Salvos.

2 Likes

If muliboxing is so hard, then why add a free Alpha to each Omega player?

Eh? (cough). Had to think about that for a mo’.

Voila, perhaps?

[Unless you actually meant Wallah; but maybe best to keep God out of this. ]

That’s not my argument and I’m not personally for allowing an alpha with an omega.

Neither is the simple claim that multiboxing is hard my argument. I don’t think it is hard under all circumstances. For a number of uses, it’s straight forward.

It wasn’t what Dracvlad tried to explain either.

Walla is a /ck/ meme.

Thats that then.
Take that up with Drac and those whom are for it.

That’s what then? Drac is entitled to his opinion, so nothing to take up.

( Err … what does that actually mean? )

And Im entitled to mine, yet you are badgering me and not him.

Not that Im surprised by that.
Your “selective attentions” are well known.

It means “voila” in the way “kek” means “lol”.
/ck/ is a cooking board.

Multi boxing is fine. However, multi-input broadcasters need to die in a fire…

2 Likes

Drac tried to explain to you why your claim about roaming PvP fleets suddenly doubling in size made no real sense.

You still asked for an explanation.

That’s a different issue to whether alphas should even be allowed or not, alongside an omega.

Even if they were (and I hope that doesn’t happen), you would still be wrong about the effect on large fleet PvP.

The biggest risk in my view would be the possibility of using alphas as a defensive mechanism to crash a node. It would be against the EULA, but we’ve seen attempts before. In the situation where alphas were allowed, it could be used as a last ditch method to save a structure, only logging them in to undock if absolutely necessary, just to put more stress on the server instance. Sad, but I could see it happening.

lol … I’m sorry I asked.

(I’m not actually any further informed, but I’ll stop asking - save me any further embarrassment.)

Multiboxing 2 accounts in PvP is not difficult.
Might take a bit of practice to get used to, but there are also ship/fit combinations that ease the user burden significantly.

Its even simpler in a large battle involving TIDI where you have plenty of time to issue commands.

No FC would not prefer more ships.
If he can get 10, 100, or 1000 Omega players i to fleet, they WILL want you to bring the free Alpha along for more HP/DPS aggregate.

Then take the challenge offered earlier.

If it was easy, it would already be happening at a large scale. It isn’t.

But there’s an easy way to prove it. Let’s do it.

Are you trying to claim to me that players witg multiple Omegas dont bring them to large scale fights? :smiley:

So even if I can bring two Machs, you would want me to bring only one?

I manage that just fine, on my own, without multiboxing.

For the most part, that’s exactly the case. There are some that do, but most players don’t do it, because it isn’t as simple as you are imagining, at least at subcap level fights.

But, if you know otherwise, then let’s go do it. If it’s simple, it’ll be simple to demonstrate. Surely.

Scipio, you are now FC.

Which do you choose, my son:

1. 1000 Omega players.
    OR
  2. 1000 Omega players + 1000 Alpha alts.