Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

While ESI has been unstable over the DDoS period in general, in the last few four days or so ESI has gone straight to hell. Any idea when the ESI servers will start working consistently again? Word is that the DDoS attack has shifted/expanded from the game servers to the ESI servers. It’s severely affecting our ability to service our clients. We’ve implemented a temporary measure in which clients have to provide screenshots of in-game information we normally get through ESI a few times a day- far from ideal, but it’s either that or we don’t service them at all whatsoever.

I am in complete support of making sure the issues are all resolved before, going on to discuss compensating players that were paying for Omega status during the time frame. I was told they may or may not compensate us , they haven’t decided if any is due…LOL.

The failure to announce compensation is really eroding any good will I have left for you guys. I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and renewed my Omega. But don’t give me this “we are busy fixing the problems” BS. You can do more than one thing at a time. For example the DDoS didn’t disrupt your plans to nerf the hell out of mining and infect our UI with annoying red dots.

Fare thee well, old timer. Just a 2013 player here, had heard about EVE for years before I tried it. Glad I got in somewhere near the peak and got to experience multiple eras of the game, at least.

o7

It’s not that they can’t give compensation during the problems… it’s that if they gave it now they’d probably have to give more later. They’d rather wait and address the entire time range of the issue at once.

When the chat system went to the cloud in March 2018 and we had major issues all April and May, it wasn’t until August that summer that we got some compensation. You can expect to wait a matter of months sometimes beforehand.

CCP’s arrogance is mind boggling. I wonder what the work ethic is like in Iceland.

Good will is something a lot better to build sooner rather than later.

If you have to give more compensation later, then so be it. It isn’t really that hard. Additionally, I don’t really see CCP ever totally “fixing” their DDoS problem.

1 Like

Well, better late than never for most things, including good will? but I know what you mean. Always good to leave a first impression. Lots of newer players (especially the Koreans joining the game since November’s official launch in S. Korea)… getting a bad look at the game these past couple of months.

They might not ever be able to fix their DDOS problems but maybe they can find a 3rd party service to mitigate the issue(s) a bit. Here’s hoping.

Most of the issues with connectivity and local chat seem to be resolved from my perspective. But I am still seeing some weirdness with local. I have my main in a system and an alt in the next system over. The issue is that there is also the same neutral in both systems. I have tried relogging both my toons and still this same person is in two systems at once. How is this possible?

I haven’t any connectivity issue since February 11th. Since then, I suffer lots of disconnection, lag time during game and that sort of thing. I’ve open a ticket and receive rapid answer asking me to make Network Diag, which I do. Since then no more communication form CCP. Disapointing. I hope they will resolve these issue soon or at least simply answer.

Yeah I’ve been runnin’ smooth for the last few days. A couple lag spikes here and there but otherwise very smooth. Today however I’ve been dropped about 5 times so far over the course of about 1 1/2 hours. Really confused on whats going on.

Hmm still cant log in

petition took 11 days for response

last reply was for me to be sure to type the search info correctly
when I responded what that has to do with anything as I cut n pasted the GM’s info directly-been 3 days and counting with NO response

Earlier you asked people not able to log in to contact you directly

I did you NEVER replied

FYI I have unsubscribed and have no intention of resubscribing

FYI 2 Using GeForce NOW is a pathetic joke as WHEN it lets me log in I get the PLEASURE of playing Eve at 1280 X 720 resolution

EPIC FAIL is about the best way I can describe your results with dealing with this situation without cursing

cannot connect at all without a VPN service with Milan server connected

questo fin dall’inizio della problematica… ma visto che è da tanto in monitoring e non sembra stiate risolvendo … sappiate che dover pagare un servizio VPN in aggiunta a eve non è accettabile… non si paga in isk…

Just lost connection on all my toons. I also saw issues with the chat yesterday. I don’t think “most of the people for most of the time” is an acceptable solution. Yes we always had some issue every few weeks but every few days or every day is inacceptable.

1 Like

535/5000

Hi guys, I wanted to tell you what else I found and that somehow allowed me to connect to the game with less disconnection problems was to start the game differently, I explain in the picture. Green new way to start the game, Red previous way to start the game. It’s been a few days since I’ve had so many problems in game stability and I could say it’s normal and stable. Obviously I don’t think it’s just this, but I do know that at a worse time it helped me to at least connect with the game.

:red_circle: At least they have added a new item.

2 Likes

So people who where able to get on and play but lost ships due to disconnects are getting Omega time??? But people who could not log in at all are not getting any kind of comp??? How is that fair? @CCP_Dopamine

ilost my mission running tengu on 3/2 this month during a ddos attack tried to activate the tank as i warpt to the site and noting responded i desperatly tried to get out then it all crasht and when i came back on i was in a pod made a ticket right after still no compensation ticket id 1085683 have had others i know lose there ships after i did and get them back so dont come and tell me about you guys having lot to do you are ignoring my f…ing ticket @CCP_Dopamine

I am not able to log into the game after this mini patch. My Eve screen will say “Added 1 account to the startup queue”, but then nothing happens. I’ve tried logging in several times but get the same notice. The character screen will not pop up.

When I use an agent to log in game,I haven’t connected to the chat server yet.When I entered the game,I got a message box below.微信截图_20200219133607