Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

I can not log in to the game. It is annoying now. When you are going to solve it, say something certain.

1 Like

ich habe immer noch alle Probleme

First of all I gave a reasonable range of fuel block prices - you chose the top limit of that and assumed I was actually paying isk for my fuel at that price.

Placing a value on the fuel doesnā€™t mean that I actually paid isk for them. Iā€™m not sure if youā€™re aware of this but currency is a way of creating an arbitrary scale to value things so that we donā€™t have to understand that one sheep is equal to four bushels of potatoes or nine carts of hay or any of an umpty bajillion other item-to-item exchange rates. The price of fuel reflects the value of the time and effort that went into creating it. If I have to file a claim with CCP over fuel costs, what am I supposed to use as a value other than what fuel costs?

I am doing PI to cover all of the PI elements of fuel manufacturing. I donā€™t Ice Mine, though. I do try to pick up elements that are not PI and that do go into fuel production when I can and I buy compressed Ice when I find a bargain. It happens now and then - I took a full Orca load to my WH station a few days ago).

I have a few friends who love nothing more than to mine Ice. Thereā€™s no accounting for taste, so I swap them PI components for Ice and make what I can.

They canā€™t play either right now so any sweetheart deals I had on getting the components to add to my PI materials to make fuel blocks are out the window.

I donā€™t claim I have 60+ stations and I donā€™t post all of my characters here. Welton is a relatively new character - currently running a small alliance in WH space and moving product in and out of there.

I said I spend (or spent - Iā€™ve shut down all the Athanors I had as moon drill stations and my second Azbel) far too much on fuel - running about 7000 units per day at peak - to be able to afford to keep them up and running when I canā€™t do what I need in the game to cover the fuel costs. Just the Azbel I had in HS was running 1812 Fuel Blocks per day. The one in WH space runs a bit more. Between them they accounted for more than half of my fuel bill. I shut the HS station down completely and all of my Athanors (was quite a few - I donā€™t actually know how many because theyā€™re all gone - decommissioned and the parts sold off to try to keep the other things fueled).

Iā€™m not certain what any of this has to do with the more abstract issue of continuing to cause player owned, fuel-burning entities to waste fuel for days on end when the players canā€™t get into the game (in any meaningful way) to accumulate the resources to cover those fuel costs.

EVEN BECAUSE CCP is ā€˜such a small companyā€™ firing people that have the knowledge and replace them by less qualified ones because itā€™s cheaper is stupidā€¦

There is NO,not even a slight,excuse to that and trying to put them into the victim role is simply ridiculousā€¦they simply harvest what they have seeded.

You REALLY think bigger companies beeing attacked and having difficulties with it too excuses CCP for that behaviour?

No it does notā€¦

This mess is CCPā€™s OWN fault and itā€™s NOT coming out of thin air and it is NO excuse that others are attacked tooā€¦it makes such a decision even MORE stupidā€¦because you could have GUESSED that it would happen sooner or later if it is ā€˜so commonā€™ā€¦

I agree about no free omega time to compensate, I like this game and want it to continue. The DDOS is probably hurting CCP financially more than we know.

theyā€™re attacking folks who canā€™t control their ships because of

Those ā€œfolksā€ are stupid and deserve to lose said ships if that is the case.

Stupid how, because the looked at Twitter and saw that CCP said things were stable now, logged in, and found out that CCP was talking out their ass (again)?

At some point, in order to find out if the system is stable enough to run fleet operations, you have to log your whole fleet in.

There isnā€™t any other way to do that.

I suppose I could just continue to pay for six accounts and never log in again. That way I wouldnā€™t be ā€œstupidā€ enough to lose any ships at all.

2 Likes

I disagree.

This sort of event is a known issue when you run an online service, and the costs of it are factored into the cost of service (or should be by any competent service provider).

If players who are paying for the game are not able to fully utilise the service that theyā€™re paying for, then compensation is appropriate - again, thatā€™s a cost of doing business when you run online services and charge people to access them, and is part of the costing factors.

1 Like

this has been my result for the last 3 days now. I cannot even get past the first login

East Coast US hereā€¦ Still cannot log in at all unless I use my Windscribe VPN to London. With my VPN active I can log in on the 1st or 2nd try.

Chat: Iā€™ve noticed a pattern to the chat issue. When I first log in, chat doesnā€™t work. I then click NO to the retry connection dialogue. Then I just wait about 15-20 minutes and then type something in one of the inactive chat windows. As long as I wait the ~15 minutes, chat will reconnect and start working. Have used this method 4 times now.

Thankfully Iā€™ve not been DCā€™d more than once in the past 3-4 days. And Iā€™ve not experienced much lag in that time either. But I will eventually use up the 10Gb free data that Windscribe VPN gives me. Hopefully this is resolved by then.

To those working on this problem, I applaud your efforts and wish you the best.

1 Like

Dear god all those ccp defenders would even defend ccp if they would plunder all their customers real life bank accounts with the data they haveā€¦

ā€˜CCP does nothing wrongā€™ā€¦

REALLY?

2 Likes

You are so ignorantā€¦

I appreciate your concerns and the problems you face. Most of us here do, you are however trying to deal rationally and sensibly with a few entities that cannot be reasoned with. Iā€™d leave it, I feel your pain Brother, just do the best you can and remember it IS a game.

Donā€™t tell himā€¦he knows all he needs to knowā€¦

His world circle is closed in his eyesā€¦

1 Like

I suspect you know an insufficient amount about Internet connectivity in Australia to pass judgement like this. Iā€™ve had minor issues with initial logon and chat, but my connection to the game has been rock solid - as is my Internet connectivity in general. Sure, we have some shitty connections, but we also have plenty of good ones too.

2 Likes

Well in europe hamsters run the servers,in australia koalasā€¦thatā€™s the major differenceā€¦it they get lazy the servers fail :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We donā€™t use koalas to run our servers, we prefer drop bearsā€¦

Youā€™re right. I have nobody in Australia who tells me constantly about how sh1tty their internet is. I have never even spoken to an Australian. In fact - what is an Australia? I donā€™t even know that!

So far i only had 1 day i couldnā€™t log in, I think it was day 3 of the attacks.
After that I sometimes log straight in
Other times I have to press connect again.
When this happens it is always my second account that did not connect the first time.
On rare occasions itā€™s both.

I always launch a team of 2 accounts.

So no real problems here.
Keep at it :+1:

Big birds you had out there :stuck_out_tongue:

Update,
Good news,when I can get in,things are running fine,smooth,no issues,ā€¦but still getting kicked after a few minutes,.this is what the Diagnostic looks like :
9 71 ms 51 ms 60 ms 66.109.5.138
10 55 ms 63 ms 49 ms bu-ether12.chcgildt87w-bcr00.tbone.rr.com [66.109.6.25]
11 56 ms 42 ms 43 ms 66.109.5.225
12 49 ms 73 ms 48 ms 99.82.176.246
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 156 ms 47 ms 46 ms server-99-84-251-57.ord50.r.cloudfront.net