Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

I’m on east coast and I haven’t even been able to log on. It’s been a week of not playing. The only thing that makes it aggravating is that other can play while some can’t.

2 Likes

Sadly that doesn’t reduce the number of options that significantly…

Some countries just have stupid build in.

I think I’d prefer a ginger one or maybe one with dark hair.

I did a school report on this back when I was in high school.

Well one of those guys will WEAR orange in at least 6 years… :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe not built in, but certainly an aftermarket option.

G-d help us if the current crop of adults is indicative of the quality of public education.

I have no idea what they’ll write about us in the history books, but I can guarantee you it’ll be misspelled and completely lack punctuation.

1 Like

Thank you for the update, please get this resolved as quickly as possible. FYI Being connected to the game absolutely nukes my bandwidth if I can even get connected.

too late…

continued update from East Coast- client still stable and local/chatare online. will let it run. looks like something is being done as I was dead 100% all day.

Mars…mount olympus mons…

No problem here…

I’m disabled, virtually immobilized by my disability and Eve is my primary conduit to a social life (no, I’ve never heard of Facebook).

I pay for one game and one game only. This one. And it’s unavailable because CCP can’t manage to protect their network.

FYI the largest DDoS attack in history lasted less than 12 hours and the LONGEST one in history lasted less time than this one has.

I"m not seeing a great deal on the industry DDoS heat maps out there to indicate that this even IS a DDoS attack.

Unless CCP has managed to attract the attention of someone who has the wherewithal to mount both a record SIZE and record DURATION DDoS attack, they’re not telling us everything.

2 Likes

After few days of trouble, all good. Runs stable, local and other rooms are back. Happy me. Thank you, CCP, again, great job!

If they had any ability to do so they’d have done it days ago.

The largest DDoS attack in history lasted about 12 hours. The longest one didn’t last as long as this one has.

They’re either monumentally incompetent or they’ve managed to irritate someone so badly that they’ve mounted a DDoS attack that’s outrun TWO records - and they have no idea who that might be.

Either way, they’re culpable and complaints are reasonable at this point.

No chat this morning here. I understand the chat channels in Eve are handled by a separate Amazon server, so this is likely a DDOS attack on them, in which you have become caught up.

Anyway, thanks soooo much for setting up this page. It makes a massive difference to be kept in the loop like this. Good luck!

Yeah it’d be ■■■■

Sadly, chat isn’t the only thing being impacted. People are experiencing an inability to log into the game, and then significant lag within the game as well.

Yep, had all that last week. In fact, chat has just started working again for me…

I’m on Day 6 of not being able to play from the east coast of USA. I was able to briefly connect on Saturday but was disconnected after about 9 mins. Most of the time I get a Connection Failed message when trying to logon if I get that far. Working in IT, I totally understand taking a few days to resolve an issue, but this is starting to get aggravating.

1 Like

I see some people complaining that people just keep complaining - but this is actually useful, because it shows that the issues are still ongoing, and how they’re presenting themselves to players.

CCP did specifically thank people for communicating their issues, and this gives them a central location to monitor.