Tranquility Connectivity Issues Megathread

I feel for the CCP Devs however we live in the real world. Those who sub to Omega using RL money have bought a service from CCP that is not being delivered.

Customer are therefore entitled to compensation even if not a refund.

Also this all started on the back of a huge clampdown op on RMT traders. If CCP did not expect any retaliation at all then to be perfectly honest there were being very naïve, these groups don’t need reasons to DDoS a company but CCP gave them a one and took no precautions to prevent it or mitigate the impact.

3 Likes

5 days and counting…

Thank you for the update but I can not even log in today.

Just had clients drop with “Connection Lost”

Local chat was working tho everything else was laaagy and seeemed worse than before DT :roll_eyes:

a game of 15 years…

Thank you CCP I very much appreciate this update.

I did not appreciate my ticket for being unable to connect being closed as “Resolved” with absolutely no action taken or reported in my ticket. It is clearly not resolved.

This is day 8 of me being unable to connect for more than a few minutes before randomly disconnecting.

Edit: Day 9 and I’m still not able to stay connected.

Last week was a bad week, Today is a bad day … hm hm !

1 Like

Time will tell and funnily enough CCP have always compensated Omega players.

Who are we to speculate the reason why, end of the day its happening and we can all question how or why but we will never know the truth unless they step up and make a claim.

Until then we await the return of the game

2 Likes

Thanks for information.
Anyway we recive any refund of the lost ship/pod in the last DDoS attack (01/30/2020)??
And for this long problem we recive any form of compensation? (example: free skillpoint, free omega time etc)?

1 Like

Мы с Вами, просто делайте свою работу а мы поддержим!!! ССР навсегда!!!

Not all of us are as wealthy as Esposz Asquez. It sometimes hard to find that much money every month for a Game. And a week is one quarter of a month.

You are partly right here…

But my point is that you cannot demand a pro’s work from an amateur.

And yes that means its all CCP’s fault and (as stated above) CCP is NOT the ‘victim’ here but part of the problem because they try to cut the costs and obviously failed badly in doing that because THIS event will cost them even more…

3 Likes

yup even more in virtual items IE skill points bit of free omega…

what ever caused this they are still a victim.

So they fire a few folks to save money does not justify they getting DDOS attacks.

Frack me there are way worse companies out there doing ■■■■ millions of times worse than this.

No point arguing with you though with your blinkered are you mad bro attitude.

1 Like

THE problem is ccp start to thinki like bliizard the problem here is there have only one game, honestly i dont see the point of the most of the “balance” and nerf, i start to thinking ccp i just try to kill the game

becasue they have 15years and they already dont implemented the colorpalets for the ships
just for mentiont some thing

Thanks for the update. But in my prime time, problems with the game always end up. And in the end, time goes on, subscription goes on, I lose ships, but I can’t farm.

1 Like

Yeah, that is as far as I get as well…

for me looks like local chat work fine

I agree, CCP is not a bad Company, I love the Game, But they have made some shitty decisions lately, nerfing thing because, they can?? and introducing that gambling mechanism that will ruin the game, it is just that we are frustrated and a little worried and the DDOS, this just seems to go on and on and on.

1 Like

given how long this has been going on, it’s time for CCP to tell us how they will compensate us for a week of lost subscription time. If there is no compensation, I do not understand what I will pay money for. I’m not a beta tester to tolerate these inconveniences.

1 Like

Thank you for the communication and the update. Gonna have to call bull on this, though.

The DDoS attacks haven’t been ongoing for the period of login issues. The DDoS activity maps haven’t shown them. The way your launcher kills the login process for different people at different stages on different days isn’t due to DDoS. Logging in from UK working but from East Coast U.S. not working isn’t DDoS. Having connections stopped and blocked by Neustar isn’t DDoS.

So unless you are trying to spin “Well, there was a DDoS, then we responded, and our response was sloppy and badly implemented and resulted in a week of login issues, but hey, we only responded because the DDoS made us so, yes, the majority of your problems are a direct result of the DDoS”, please don’t insult our intelligence by pretending it is an ongoing DDoS attack for a week now causing this.

The reason many players have lost faith with CCP over the years is exactly because of BS coverups like this. “We had a DDoS, we screwed up on the response, we didn’t or couldn’t fix our screwup, we’re working on it but since we screwed up, we can’t tell when it will end.

That’s your answer. Take responsibility, own it, fix it, then make it right to your customer base. That’s how you do business.

Not spin-doctoring and pulling the wool over people’s eyes.

11 Likes