Tranquility server problems compensation for omega accounts

The consistent issues are much much more annoying than a one-time 12h downtime though! Most of the threads i linked a several months old, but the issues are still not fixed!

This is seriously affecting gameplay, for example i barely use marauders anymore because i got socket closed errors several times when i was in bastion mode. (Emergency warp doesnt work when in bastion mode, you just stay on grid and die if you cant log back in fast enough.)

1 Like

I had no issues, can I get free stuff too?

1 Like

And you are aware that CCP previously provided compensation for the poor chat server issues (which are still continuing).

Whilst they may be cloud services outside of the physical Tranquillity sever, they are still major aspects of the game itself - the inability to fix these problems will continue to give the impression that CCP are incompetent (although I’m not sure anyone thinks anything else) and unable or unwilling to fix the issues they caused.

1 Like

I get that, but it should also tell everyone that has these issues that it’s not something that can easily be fixed. Some have issue, on the other side the majority may not have any issues at all. This makes it even more complicated to identify what’s the cause of it all.

But according to CCP Falcon they only provided the compensation once the issues were resolved, so you must be mistaken and there should be no issues anymore. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

How about CCP issuing a warning then.

" Chat system unreliable, it’s entirely possible that you won’t see a red fleet in local till they have hot dropped right on top of you"

4 Likes

Chat is NOT a magic system wide omni-scan. If chat is not available ask a friend or use alts and dscan the gates.

The not related disconnects are a result of connection issues. Not at the server side.

PS: Jita + broken chat is like heaven.

2 Likes

Simple fix!Go outside

5 Likes

raise a support call when you have an issue, provide logs, screenshots etc as evidence. Then it can be tracked and addressed.

To be more specific: A result of EVE connection issues!

If i run EVE and another game on the same internet connection, i never have any connection problems in the other game when i get socket closed errors in EVE! If EVE connections are that sensitive to minor issues along route to the servers, then CCP should work on the way EVE connections work.

2 Likes

I was not clear enough. The socket disconnects are not related to the chat issues. If I run EVE and another game neither disconnect.

A friend of mine had the disconnect issue occasionally. I and some others fixed it for him. Have a nice day. Was NOT CCP’s fault.

Oh, i thought you were talking about the socket closed disconnects.

1 Like

And yet Eve is the only game where I experience socket closures, whilst maybe nothing to do with TQ it IS something to do with the connection to this specific game.

3 Likes

CCP should pay players to play EVE in such state. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have seen lots of complaints about EVE server problems in EVE Reddit and here at EVE general discussion area. Recently there has been complaints about login server problems. Then there has been complaints about Jita local been down and chat server problems. Earlier weeks there were complaints that traffic to EVE servers was blocked from countless IP addresses. They were probably somekind of anti-DDOS measures.

These links here were just few examples of long line of complaints from countless people.

edit:
Lots of people have also made complaint that they lost their ship in abyssal space because connection was lost all of sudden.

Yes, because the network packets of both games take the exact same route through the network and end up at the exact same server, so clearly it can’t happen anywhere in-between and must be CCPs fault! Except that’s not the case.

1 Like

tasty tears… htfu… not everything is CCPs fault.

In 4 the free isk

If there are ever plans for compensation related to sever outages or other issues, they’ll be announced officially.

Thread closed.

2 Likes