Triglavia-Invasion

Volume of change and change favorability are two different things, though. There might have been more changes affecting PvP than PvE, but the majority of PvE changes have been buffs, and the majority of PvP changes (nonconsensual PvP, that is) have been nerfs.

Indeed they are, which is why I made no mention of the perceived quality of any changes; some seeing changes that curtail the activities of PvP players as good (for them) and others seeing the same changes as bad (for them).

oh come on ! i play eve there is a few months , eve never had so many good options to pve like nowadays

Agreed, there are many options for PvE, although the more recently introduced options seem to be following CCPā€™s long term goal of making PvE more PvP-like.

LMAO

Yeah, we all can pull statements like that out of our asses, too. Why donā€™t you provide some actual example of this?

Tanking CONCORD is considered an exploit now

My ECM dosent work on solo PvP anymore

Even though itā€™s a blatant tu quoque on your part, and even though you should have responded to my challenge before making your own, Iā€™m still going to do this just to show everyone how much of a hypocrite and loser you are. Might as well make a public record of you being a total trash EVE player and forum poster, you know? Please donā€™t go out and beat your cat or something after getting owned so badly, okay? Here we go, papi:

Nonconsensual PvP nerfs or indirect PvE buffs

• CONCORD being made invulnerable, given stat boosts, and being made a kill trigger (Yulai Incident)
  • Wars increased in cost by 25x during the Privateer era
  • MULTIPLE additional CONCORD buffs to damage, e-war, and response time (I could make a line for each one, but Iā€™m too lazy to find the patch notes)
  • Mining barge EHP boosted significantly across all types and tiers, and fitting options improved
  • Removal of fleet warfare aggro transfer (the Lofty scam)
  • MULTIPLE increases to criminal act security status penalties (you used to need to pod multiple people just to get to -2.0, and now all you need is one ship kill to go even lower than that)
  • Making it officially legal to repeatedly roll corps to avoid wars, after disallowing it for many years
  • Removal of insurance payouts for ship losses in which CONCORD is involved
  • War costs becoming a function of amount of members the target has (so that a small corporation declaring war against a large one would pay orders of magnitude more than a large corporation declaring war against a small one - utterly asinine)
  • Introduction of the war ally system, which costs much less than declaring war does (acts as an uneven restricting mechanism against small wardec groups since large hub camper groups join as allies for free just to have more targets - this has effectively killed off most high-sec mercenary work)
  • Introduction of the ā€œsafetyā€ button, making it impossible to trick someone into shooting you by employing social engineering
  • Introduction of Crimewatch, with the following components:
    • Suspect timers instead of being flagged to owning corporation only for theft of assets in space
    • Kill rights awarded for criminal actions, even unsuccessful ones
  • Corporate friendly fire toggle (eliminated assassinations from high-sec space)
  • Removal of all neutral assistance (made many forms of baiting impossible)
  • Removal of watchlist login status tracking (generally more useful to the hunter than to the prey)
  • Blockade runners gaining immunity to cargo scans
  • Addition of very specific rigs/gear that are aimed at increasing large-size hauler resilience
  • Instantly being unable to warp after a crime, instead of after CONCORDā€™s arrival (boomeranging)
  • Removal of hyperdunking (boarding ships while criminally-flagged)
  • Disallowing wars unless targets own assets in space (and forcing aggressors to own them as well)
  • PvE content offloaded from belts and into anomalies and signatures (more time to escape)

PvE nerfs or indirect nonconsensual PvP buffs

• Adding a small NPC corp tax for PvE activities to push players into player-run corporations
  • Removal of agent quality changes might have had a negative impact on income is some cases
  • Some recent reworking of mining yields and such
  • Trig spawns forcing miners to actually look at their screens (you donā€™t say)
  • NPC mining ops stealing your precious ore, lmao

General PvP buffs/additions

• Removal of clone costs
  • War transfer mechanics making the ā€œDec Shieldā€ impossible to work, because corporations could shed their wars repeatedly with one click (this was basically a bug fix and not a new feature addition)
  • Tags-for-sec mechanic (balanced by relatively prohibitive costs)

General PvE buffs/additions

• Introduction of PI as a passive income source
  • Alchemy/reworking of moons to make that aspect of the game more accessible to average players
  • Abyssal deadspace (instanced PvE with no possibility of nonconsensual PvP)
  • Addition of various types of incursions to the game (massive PvE income without proportionate risk)
  • Mobile industrial chains and survivability improved (ore holds, compression, invulnerability cores, etc.)
  • Burner missions

Things not applicable to any category because they impact everyone equally

• Addition of various ships to the game
  • Addition of various types of new space and content that have both PvP and PvE components (e.g. wormhole space, FW)
  • Warp-to-zero
  • Universal stat changes such as EHP/resistance/damage increases and decreases
  • Increased market broker fees and taxes

There are many other things I can add to this list, and Iā€™ll keep editing it in the future. If anyone can think of something concrete to add, let me know and Iā€™ll add it.

1 Like
  • Ore holds that remove/reduce the need for jetcan mining and eliminate ore theft/baiting as a profession.
  • Instanced PvE where PvP aggressors can not interfere with farming.
  • Introduction of marauders, ships specifically designed for highsec PvE farming with minimal loot value as suicide ganking protection.
  • Moving profitable lowsec/nullsec content from static belts to pseudo-instances (longer delay before a threat can catch you).
1 Like

Not marauders! By the time I could fly them, I found a hac was better/faster.

Just to be clear, do you mean scannable?

Adding that one.

Are you talking about Abyssal, or something else that I missed? Abyssal is already on the list.

Not going to add this one as I feel that Marauders (like any other ship type that can be used for combat) is a universal addition. Iā€™ve actually used the Kronos for PvP, and itā€™s quite effective. Unfortunately, the cost of this ship type is too prohibitive these days.

Adding this.

Oh I see, as a PvE buff and not under PvP nerfs. Thatā€™s all I meant, I just looked in the wrong place.

Not going to add this one as I feel that Marauders (like any other ship type that can be used for combat) is a universal addition.

Most of the time Iā€™d agree about ships being a general addition, but when they were released CCP explicitly stated that they were intended to be PvE ships and made them vulnerable to ECM with the explicit intent of making them weak in PvP.

And anomalies. With belt ratting/mining you could map your favorite hunting systems with bookmarks for the belts, bookmarks for good d-scan positions, etc. With pseudo-instances itā€™s in a new place each time and even when you donā€™t have to use scan probes to find the site it still takes longer for a PvP aggressor to locate a target. And that means more time for the PvE player to see a threat in local and warp back to station.

Iā€™m real fuzzy on what bots can do these days. Arenā€™t those ā€œbotableā€ as well?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.