Triglavian Ganking

Have FOB in a system I was in, Trig invasion just ended about 14ish hours ago. I warped out in a decently fit combat ship to a standard ore belt in highsec and had an interesting experience. Standard belt rats engaged, I engaged back. Suddenly I am hit with more than 10 Blood Raider (assume FoB rats) scrammed, webbed, etc as I might expect in a pvp confrontation. Lost t2 drones and most of my shields before I finally escaped.

Went for repairs and came back only to find trigs AND FoB rats locking me, as soon as warp was done (far before I could lock them, being human and all) got locked down again, this time not deploying drones and just running tank and trying to get some idea of what all was attacking me. Went again for repairs, came back to see only trig recons. Got my count, got neuted/webbed but got out without further investigation, as I knew what I needed to.

Seems to me that today a highsec miner/mission runner/ratter/explorer needs to be at least partially pvp fit and always at the keyboard. I am a supporter of being rid of afk’ers of any variety. (why play a game if you aren’t going to PLAY the game?) I go into a regular ore belt in a combat ship and have to bug out…might be a little imbalance I think.

I don’t know where things are going, nor can I say how long I’ll hang with it, but these are indeed interesting times.

1 Like

Well then I suppose the only answer must be they are too hard and must be removed?

It couldnt be untruthfulness because only I do that, according to the crowd.

And what the crowd say is the only thing that matters, apparently.

Really?

What do you think this Chaotic Dark Filament is good for?

No, I didn’t say that.

However I do think Triglavian ships should only be in the Invasion area which is designed for Fleet action. From the sound of it, these little groups of Trig ships spawning randomly in systems where there’s no Invasion happening are still advanced content intended for small gangs, definitely not designed for solo action.

Doesn’t matter what system security level it’s in, most of the content CCP has recently implemented seems to be aimed at griefing both experienced and inexperienced players. For the past few months CCP has been constantly making changes to the game with little to no warning whatsoever, no testing and they definitely don’t pay any attention to their feedback threads.

Sad part is this seems to be CCP’s intention now:

2 Likes

Sorry, wasnt meaning to suggest you were.

I made the mistake of forgetting to leave my feelings out of the equation, something I criticise others for regularly.

Between being able to deal with them or remove them, there doesnt seem to be much wiggle room within the opinion of the masses.

As I have proven to not know the details, Ill leave that theorising to those more qualified.

1 Like

Doesn’t it make you lift an eyebrow that this started soon after Pa takes over(preperation time for pearl abyss excluded)?

So much to "PA will not interfer into the daily buisness and CCP will stay “independent”…

2 Likes

Blackout, cyno changes, etc. CCP want to do something about economy and inflation and they don’t care if this are good or bad changes. Hilmar said this many times. He want to experiment rather doing nothing and thinking for years about “best changes”.

So please stop this PA crap again since clearly they have almost any influence on game development. From my perspective they bought rights to EVE assets so they can make this “mobile EVE game” etc. But lest don’t get into this off topic…

1 Like

Ok, so I encountered them by myself I can’t really understand why everyone think they are so OP?
My crapy drake with meta passive tank can hold fleet of 5 easily until they weapons wont ramp up too much. They have very short range of attack. Initial DPS is bit high but escaping them when you see then on d-scan or even coming out of warp on top of you shouldn’t be a issue.

I think some people are overacting. They are too powerful for hisec? Yes. OP? Not.

Fit

[Drake, Paul Xavis’s Drake]
Ballistic Control System II
Missile Guidance Enhancer II

Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Large Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Large Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner

‘Arbalest’ Heavy Missile Launcher

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Hobgoblin I x5

Scourge Heavy Missile x8700

edit: Since I was in full stop and transversal was at around 500 probable you can even kite them if they wont web you.

2 Likes

You didn’t even get ONE down in your precious drake and the only reason you survived was because you were in docking range,

Now imagine sitting in a barge in a belt and getting scrambled by them…

So stop sweettalking this crap…

5 Likes

I was sitting there for two minutes. And I didn’t shot one because this 3 mil SP guy has only 300 paper DPS. I did this to only test tank since some people claim here that they can’t tank them in stratios

and did they scram? Since I don’t see anchoring ones with “recon” also in name on zkill database

Haven’t seen one triglavian fleet today, maybe CCP stopped it – too many player might have canceled their subscription because of this!

btw, i think those recon triglavian are acting a bit too brutal for the average player. that is a problem of course…

3 Likes

They haven’t stopped them. We were killing them just recently but for the last couple of hours one guy has been slowly dragging one Recon away from everything so that the miners and PI guys can do their thing for awhile. Once they are done we’ll pop this one and see what respawns.

(More of what we’ve already seen I suspect).

ah okay, i havn’t had one recon fleet for hours now…

Well the first time I saw a single scout on a gate, which I quickly destroyed with a Sacrilege missile attack. I remember distinctly thinking “this system was under invasion yesterday, is this a straggler?”

The second time there was several (3 orv4 I think) at a belt when I warped to it with a small mining fleet of procs. Now, as my fleet operates from a single base but over several locations in the system, I immeadiately warped them to one of the safe spots beyond my angle of approach, before returning them to base.

I then switched to my combat ships to destroy them.

If the system had been under invasion, Id have returned my guys to mining to experiment with the bonuses more, but instead engaged in a fruitless search for more scouts.

1 Like

So now players in High Sec are suppose to be constantly spamming D-scan looking for NPC’s? Come on, if that’s how the game is to be played now then might as well make all systems like Null Sec, complete with Blackout and everything.

Also since you say they’re too powerful for High Sec, then that means they are indeed overpowered.

1 Like

have you encoutered them in a venture, a covetor, or even a T1 cruiser ?

Billy’s Venture was in my gang, if thats what you mean.

I dont use any mining ships other than proc, or vent if alpha I suppose thats a mistake on my part, but I dont optimise.

I have done Abyssals in T1 but I assume that doesnt count either.

Im not exactly well skilled in the sac btw, Ive only arpund 25m sp, and my dps is sub 300 in it.

Abyssal in proc or in venture ?
I was asking for you feeling about fighting them in a mining fleet, that is not full of battle procurer, if you had any.

Oh I see, sorry.

No I wouldnt fight them in those ships.