Triglavian Ganking

I had this happen to me last night. They ate my drones so I bolted from the belt. Not a big deal if you’re paying attention.

I may have missed it, but to lay the myth of them not showing on DScan to bed…
Dscan
If screenshots are not permitted, will remove etc.

2 Likes

they don’t appear on dscan if you use default dscan .
Typically they don’t appear on mine (because I only have ships and probes on dscan).

Yes, understood, I just was going with it having been established that they are required to be added.

1 Like

Also it’s worth mentioning that when added, they do show. Other rats don’t.

Except diamond rats, presumably?

1 Like

I think diamond rats do, but I’m not sure that no other does. I would need to find the attribute for this, and check which rat have this attribute and which don’t.

Ive rejigged my settings to default everything on, and will test this, but Ill be interested and suprised if theres a way to show basic rats.

4.09% is also a hard number. That’s the percentage of new players that have stuck around in EVE after 30 days during Q1 of 2019.

Yeah that percentage amount is pretty close to what CCP Hellmar posted at Eve Down Under - Beyond The Friendship Machine - which shows the percentage of new players in the game on Day 30 after First Login = 4.19%

However when you consider the fact that 25,136 people actually spent their time to complete Registration, that amount seems to be a bit deceiving.

So with the parameters based from New Registrations to Day 30, the actual percentage of new players in the game = 2.14%

Anyway, on a side note I think CCP may have made a mistake with the numbers on that presentation slide. Day 60 shows 309 players left and Day 90 shows 323 players left in the game. I think those numbers were probably accidentally switched when they made the presentation slide since Week 3 shows a continuous drop in the numbers.

What is going on here! I’m a new player and for the last two months of play have started to learn more about the game and it’s mechanics. I then lost an Orca to a FOB which had condors and Kestrels which I learned have warp scramblers, that one’s on me and a learning experience for me. I now know to check for pirate strongholds before going out to mine.

Then all of a sudden one night while mining in my Orca with augmented mining drones, almost loss my ship without any warp scramblers or lock downs.

I am new but rarely afk but that night I was sitting there reading through some help documentation and all of a sudden i mean within seconds all my mining drones are gone. I look up at the overview and in space and see 3-4 ships attacking me. I immediately send out my 5 hobgoblins II while taking massive damage with shields down to 50% within 15-20 seconds. I immediately started to warp out as I watched my combat drones disappear one right after the other. As you know my heart sank so I checked my shipo console only to find my warp bar still down very low, like it wasn’t moving up to warp out. I had paniced and double clicked out in space but was told I coudln’t do that while warping, so I hit control space to stop it, then attempted to warp again, this time it worked, but was very low on armor before I finally warped out to safety.

In looking back at the logs, I found that the ships were the Damvik’s so I thought okay the Triv’s must have invaded my space, but no, nothing was showing up as being invaded. I logged out frustrated until I could learn more. The next day I went out again and lose more drones again within seconds and barely escaped with my ship. Keep in mind this is an Orca with over 250 EHP and I’m barely making it out alive, but in turn losing many drones that do cost ISK…

What is going on with the game, am I missing something? faction or something like that or has the game really gone this route to take out any and all players even in starter areas within a matter of seconds with no chance to survive? If so I won’t be playing any longer as this isn’t a matter of a game that’s challenging, it’s down right NO fun to play at all especially as a newer player who has to much to learn…

3 Likes

I guess you are now supposed to play with a team, even in high security systems.

Be sure to voice your opinion (without aggresion or threat of quitting, this is childish) to the game devs. what happens if you say “did not like” in the settings pane ?

I really hope the Triglavian’s roam Hisec/Lowsec more often, makes interesting gameplay. But I really hope they don’t bring too much Scram :confused:

I wish my record was as good as the recon Damavik. Not sure if this has been linked already (I skipped large portions of trolling) But these things are going nuts. I think Concord is in cahoots with the trigs because they don’t intervene.

Anyway, if you look through the list you’ll find a lot of ships that were probably afk. Some of them weren’t tanked well/properly. They don’t discriminate though…

I was attacked while flying a retriever. There were 4 ships waiting at the warp in at an asteroid belt, all frigates. I warped out asap, and I was at half shields when they lost the target lock. It’s still terrible game design though. I think CCP’s a, b, and c teams are working on other projects. This was the d-team’s idea.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t trust the “lost” numbers. We’ve popped probably 50 Recons just in the last 4 days, plus a bunch of Renewing/Starving/Blinding.

Those killboards record capsuleer ship losses (and what killed them) but don’t count Pirate losses. When you look at some of the other Pirate ships (like the Guristas Demolisher - https://zkillboard.com/ship/11030/kills/ - it shows oveer 16,000 “kills” with zero losses.

Funny how the same PvE crowd who always cries about PvP now cries about PvE. Isn’t this the more PvE focused game you all wanted?

2 Likes

Oh, you mean the new PvE content that’s more PvP focused?

1 Like

In what way is it more PvP focused? Seems to me all you are talking about here is pure PvE.

1 Like

Oh let’s see, maybe because in order to engage in this new PvE content, players need to have PvP fit ships flying in a PvP group?

1 Like

Just to make clear we are talking about the same thing here, in the end you are still fighting against rats and not against other players right? So how does “PvP” even fit in there? Just because the content needs different fits? And what do you mean by “PvP group”?

2 Likes

Group / Fleet, whatever you want to call it, it’s definitely not intended for solo play.

And how does PvP even fit in there? Their ships are PvP fit doing PvP tactics.

What’s funny is for years PvP players have been crying that they can’t find any good fights, CCP heard that and has now implemented NPC’s to give those players a good PvP fight.

Isn’t that what you all wanted?

1 Like