Triglavian Ganking

Irony at it’s finest.

1 Like

Nice to see that it takes them 20s to kill an almost tanked venture,
I looked on my badly skilled alpha (6M SP still) and this has like 3k2 EHP, so that’s 160DPs for two rats, or 80 DPS per rat.

meaningless post from a meaningless person.

1 Like

Yes, your post was.

1 Like

After soloing about 30 fleets or so I would add the following: They also fight at planets and the sun. I have yet to fight any at a gate.

They seemed to respawn the instant the last ship was popped for me. I’ve even had a 5 ship fleet respawn right on top of the last 5 ship fleet that I popped (that was no fun in an AF).

Good numbers, I was using ~200 dps as a guide. Sub 200 DPS was a challenge. Sitting still they were a challenge for an ishtar, the ADC came in handy.

I’ve seen this pattern, but also have seen double 5 ship spawns. I believe this to be random. Additionally, I believe even the normal scouts remote rep each other, though not to the extent of the Renewing (though this also may have been cap xfer - I didn’t observe them that closely). I have seen Renewing, Starving and Blinding, though some have reported there are webbing ones, I have not seen one.

I was able to wipe a 5 ship spawn with an AF, (Retribution) but it required some significant overheating and couldn’t handle back to back 5 ship spawns. A Zealot and an Ishtar, both benefited from using the ADC. The easiest though was an Absolution which killed everything without any real challenge. Also drones worked on them, as I never saw them switch targets. Lastly, they don’t seem to have any problem locking ships even at 90K.

I would agree, about once every 3 to 5 ships you get a drop. I got quite a few sheets, but also the normal t1 junk. The best drop I got was 3 triglavian datacores. But in general, you have to salvage them to make any isk.

This is the biggest issue with this implementation, why they couldn’t be added to the game with them checked by default in the overview is beyond me.

2 Likes

This at staying still in one spot. So yes, proper flying will make incoming DPS smaller. And again noticed that weapon range is really low. Around 20km. Velocity is around 25000 m/s.

double rep maybe ?

double rep ishtar
[Ishtar, armor-sama]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer
Assault Damage Control II
Medium Armor Repairer II

Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Hornet II x10
Hornet EC-300 x5
Wasp II x7

Javelin M x640
Nanite Repair Paste x32

193 hp/s with ancil hot. replace with T2 rep and you get 122 h/s, with lowest 40% explo res it means at least 321 ehp/s(with ADC passive), capstable, T2 drones (guess ogres wouldbe better), for 400M isk.
only a fleet of 5 could be an issue, and that is, if you take too long to kill it.

If they really respawn at once, that maybe be a good way to farm them …

I made such a suggestion before this was even an issue …

3 Likes

That would probably be better as I was just using my exploration fit. I was trying to see what could handle them that I had sitting in hanger… They orbit @ 6 to 7 k, so blasters don’t work. Hammerheads tore them up with a single web, so I suspect Ogre’s would be good w/ double webs. I’ll give it a try if I have some time. TY for the idea

1 Like

Here are a couple of tanky Venture fits for new or alpha players.

These are not the “best” but offered a starting point for you to tweak. EHP affected by skills.

[Venture, Venture - Venture SS Tank]
Mining Laser Upgrade I

Small Shield Extender I
Small Shield Extender I
Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

EP-S Gaussian Scoped Mining Laser

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Core Defense Field Extender I

About 3800 ehp

[Venture, Venture - Venture MS Tank]
Power Diagnostic System I

Medium Shield Extender I
Medium Shield Extender I
Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

About 6500 ehp

I left out drones because looking at zkill, I noticed the Recon Damavik often associated with “normal” rats. Maybe fighting the belt rats alert the trigs? Not sure about this though. I’m avoiding all belt engagmentes with NPCs for now.

You could also go the “cheap and disposable” route with your Ventures…

2 Likes

And now you all can answer me a question…

Is all that you said good or bad for a new player that has no other chance than to follow the tutorial/career agent/soe arnon epic arc trail if he gets popped multiple times during doing that?

What is your opinion?

In my eyes this only drives noobs to quit after a week…i mean why should they play a game in which they die dozen times before they even had a chance to actually learn how to fly straight?

90% of all noobs are expecting a game to nanny them,10 % maybe could talked into try it for another week but only 1%-2% would stay…regarding to the player loss this is WAY to less for the survival of the game…

Only the 2% want a “demanding game”…the rest simply leaves…

THIS is todays reality…

3 Likes

This looks like a fun way to experiment and learn.

I think Ill try out some of the things being suggested here.

This thread is +1

Also, thanks to Anderson, I now have realised I had a hole in my defenses that needs sorted out.

Figuratively as well as literally.

For that I am genuinely grateful.

1 Like

I would agree, I think this could be bad for newer players, as they are still trying to learn how to fly their ship, never mind getting insta-killed by something that probably isn’t even on their overview. I only hope the recons are forbidden in starter systems - I haven’t checked yet. As long as starter systems are forbidden, I would think it’s ok as I haven’t seen them on gates or at stations. But there definitely should be some in-game info for new players. It SHOULD be on billboards (and in station) instead of the permanent adds…

OK I’ll amend this, I checked 2 starter systems and found no recons there. It would appear CCP is protecting the newer players while they learn their mechanics - this I completely support. We need as many new players (to stay) as possible.

3 Likes

seriously, you are awarded a medal for a completely unsourced and unreliable statistics on which you base your argument.
“cogito, ergo est”

Depends.
I think that getting popped because he was AFK is a good thing.
Being popped because he was using autopilot also. That’s just the kind of things you should never do in Eve, and may as well learn it when you are a noob.

IMO there are two things that make no sense :

1. The overview that does work stupidly so that new entities are not shown. I already made a proposal to fix that months ago.
  2. The NPE that tells people to use AP. That’s just complete cow manure.

Having harder NPCs in Eve is not IMO an issue as long as they don’t point, don’t prevent you from getting in a safe, are by default on overview, and don’t alpha you.
New player dying to NPC is definitely not an issue IMO.

1 Like

Simply look at the statistics ccp released…and no i will NOT link it…they are easy to find…

2 Likes

if they are easy to find, how comes it’s hard for you to link it ?

CCP changed it long time ago. Even with zero cap you will warp a short distance.

“comedam, ergo sum!”

4.09% is also a hard number. That’s the percentage of new players that have stuck around in EVE after 30 days during Q1 of 2019.

Vs

See why I ask for sources ?

“I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself”

1 Like

“95% of statistics are made up, 90% of them are made up on the spot.”

2 Likes

Sometimes it’s not about being made. Sometimes it’s just people remember the “grand scheme” and forget the details. And sometimes the context is “details”.

Also it’s human nature to keep only the part that goes along your idea https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
“one survey that provides data close to what I am saying in a very specific circumstance. That can only mean that I am right”

1 Like

Yes, you are…but it doesn’t have anything to do with eve…