Triglavian Ganks in hi-sec non minory victory systems

You will never do what you want. You will do whatever CCP makes you do. Now you are fixing standigs because you just want more freedom, but more freedom will be taken away soon. They are not finished with this game. You will want to defend your freedoms, but CCP goal is to milk you, then they will take your freedom away anyway. Thats what we can learn from this recent history.

I am done with those standings, I want to kill trigs.

2 Likes

No i have all the freedom i need, i can travel in and out of pochven with ease especially seeing as we worked out the WH spawning patterns, i donā€™t need to be able to use the gates nor the stations inside trig space, i can easily travel around without worrying about triangles that much, i could leave my standings exactly where they are and still carry on as normal

But you will not do that because:

That implies you cant do what you want.

Yeah not quite what that means, but by all means you think what you like i guess :slight_smile:

It is, for a few reasons.

It balances the economy.
Provides meaningful loss and a challenge.

People are going to whine either way.

They are whining that resources are being reduced and whining that destruction is being turned up.

Burning the candle at both ends is faster and indiscriminate.

If youā€™re complaining it most likely means you donā€™t understand or are just too selfish to appreciate how necessary this is.

Economy always balances itself without intervention, free market (demand and supply) does that for you. If u start regulating it by destroying the stuff just after it leaves factory, or blow up factory itself, it makes things hard for everyone who produces, who consumes. Prices rise, stuff is less available, because materials are harder to obtain, efficiency of economy is low. War makes a big hole in pocket and in ground.

Hard for everyone is what CCP/PA wants. Drain your pockets.

2 Likes

The problem is that at this point, there is too much production and not enough destruction. Itā€™s also one of the reasons T1 manufacturing is currently screwed into oblivion in terms of profitability (the other being overabundance of minerals).

The price does yes. Which is the problem. Prices fall through the floor and activities lose meaning.

Some stuff being less available is a good thing. Special items are actually special. They have meaning.

What i meant though is that the material economy is balanced by destruction. No destruction would absolutely be a bad thing. So by default, destruction in itself is good.

1 Like

100% agree - destruction is good for EVE economy. Original concern was about frustration of relatively new and inexperienced players which will drive them out of game.
Personally I would like to have more possibilities to fight Triglaviands or Edencom

1 Like

Itā€™s true that trigs are a far bigger threat to new players than wardecs and ganking ever was. But new players donā€™t know the difference. This is ā€˜normalā€™ for them.

Thereā€™s also no correlation between players losing ships and leaving the game.

EDENCOM goals now: players part protesting in Jita, NPC - non existent

Solution is simpler than you think, without changing any game mechanics. Go blow up stuff instead of producing it. If you cant do that now, CCP will never do that for you, nor NPCs. People will avoid destruction. If they cant, they will not play a game for psychological reasons. You have player here writing he will have to fix the standings, so he can do what he wants already. I think the effects of CCP changes will be just people avoiding losses as much as they can, and that is the factor CCP plans for, making the changes forward. Game was doing fine for years without it, then they wanted to make it f2p with microtransaction model and its all a part of shifting the model to make people pay more for less. Omega is not enough, you need to grind now, and not solo, but in group.

1 Like

And failed miserably doing that. All Triglavian invasion implementation was against it. Iā€™m just curios how I was able to make over 20 B just in one month, starting as alpha clone. Just constantly jumping From Edencom to Triglavian site back and forward.

I canā€™t wait for the rollercoaster of doom to open.

What do you mean?

Itā€™s pretty simple. The wormholes allow the Trigs into any system, and then they camp the gates with the ability to kill anything that comes through the gate.

Most players havenā€™t figured out yet that itā€™s simply adding an RNG Gamble to space travel. Go through a gate and you might get popped with next to zero chance of survival.

Itā€™s their way of forcing low-sec/null-sec PvP gameplay on high-sec.

Gatecamps for everyone! Iā€™m surprised the pro-Trig players havenā€™t started hunting down the gate camps to loot the victims. Free stuff is free stuff.

What are you talking about 10 years ago you could easily AP around the place not so much any more

3 Likes

That was only due to the playerbase being super tiny back then, i remember living out in null in those days and barely seeing anyone, it was far too safe back then

The salt must flow.

There were always dangerous places in EVE, but you must have avoided them, just like you will fix standing to feel safer now jumping thru every gate in high sec. What happened, too dangerous now?

As I wrote players dont want to lose, and being destroyed by NPCs is losing. But CCP is going to add more dangerous things and nerf every activity they think adds too much fun, reward or is to relaxing.
What you can observe now with prices for some of the loot, is a very shortlived thing. But at the same time it works as a hook, to make people lose more stuff and make people accept risk, train them to lose stuff more, while they pursue gain. The ISK only changes hands tho, is not added to economy.

1 Like