Triglavian in regular belts all over eve?

Yeah you can except when situations happen like what happened with me yesterday.
I go home after working, fire up the game, and start mining. A squad of four appeared in 30-40minute or so. Ok I kill them eventually after 2 warp out. I start mining again, 15 minutes later another squad appeared, then another, then another. I fought all evening killing 4-5 squads ( I lost count), doing little to no mining, the whole time.

That being said, I don’t have problem with this. I like defeating these squads, I’m saying that none of the mining barges are up to the task to handle these, meaning they lack the tank, cap, powergrid and cpu. All of them.
The Outer Ring Excavations has to seriously up their game, because their ships are obsolete.

1 Like

Just use a Skiff. No it doesn’t have the mining yield of a Retriever or Covetor, but that’s the trade-off. You can either have tank or you can have mining yield. Pick one. I’ve found that the Skiff still has plenty of yield while also being able to fend off the Trig patrols without even having to stop mining.

1 Like

Look I don’t know which world are you living. My procurer, has 58k effective hp, I have almost perfect drone skills. It is not enough. It is only enough to kill two raznaborg and one blinding damavik, that is it. if there is renewing or starving or both, you have to warp out or you die.

Because these ships have nonexistent powergrid and cap, all you can do is to make them buffer tanked, you cannot use active tank, therefore you cannot handle prolonged exposure, nor you can tank more than three damavik, and that is a fact.
And we are talking about the procurer and skiff. What about the other two? What if you warp into a squad of four with a hulk? Huh? Pray to god that you can align fast enough and don’t get stuck in a rock?

2 Likes

Like I said, you have can tank or you can have yield. You can’t have both. Anyone that mines in a Hulk in high sec is begging to get ganked and will probably get nuked by gankers long before the Trig patrol finds them. If you want to be able to mine AND kill the Trigs without having to warp out, you have two options. Either a tanked Skiff or an Orca. I mine in a 100k EHP Skiff and do just fine. If you are mining in two tanked Procurers you can also wipe out a squad of Trigs, or if you use a Procurer plus an Orca. But if you are solo mining in a single Procurer, yeah you’re probably going to have to warp out at some point. The solution? Step up to a Skiff…

Even if the regular mining barges had more powergrid and CPU, miners wouldn’t tank them anyway. They would still fit for max yield…

This is where you are wrong. Very wrong. Soo soo wrong my friend.

Yeah, I mean it’s not like I do this every single day or anything…

You cannot tank better in a skiff. No more than you can do in a procurer. The difference in tank are not that big.
You can tank in an orca, and that is why I abandoned the mining barge training a long time ago, and will sit in an orca this weekend.

Do you think this is normal? It is not. A serious rebalance is necessary and crucial.

1 Like

Yeah it’s not like I do this every day…

So, the part where I’m able to fend off a squad of 4 Trigs in my Skiff and not have to warp out or even stop mining is just my imagination, is it? A tanked skiff has a HUGE amount of EHP over a Procurer. You can even fit one with active tank, all you have to do is take out the neut Trig ship right off the bat.

Having said that, there’s some prep work that can be done ahead of time to prevent getting “ganked” by Trigs in lesser mining barges. If you mine in the same system all the time, simply set up bookmarks 200km out of the belts that you mine in. Warp to 200km and if there are Trigs present, then warp out rather than warping to zero right on top of them and getting shanked. Stay aligned while mining, pay attention, and warp out as soon as you see them warp in. It’s not that hard to do. I’m glad they’ve finally helped put a stop to AFK’ers. I’ve seen several AFK Skiffs and Orcas on Zkill that are getting popped by Trigs for being AFK…

Yes, you are lying.

So, I should record me in a single Skiff taking on a squad of 4 Trigs and not having to warp out? Ok, I can do that…

Yes do that. and wait for another squad to appear in 10 min and tank that too.

And while you are at it, record one with you tanking a five trig squad with starving and renewing in it. cheers.

I don’t have to tank the next squad, because my ore hold is usually full by the time the next squad jumps in and I’ve already taken that ore load back to the station, which regens my shields. If you are encountering squad after squad after squad, well, then you’re having pretty horrible luck. They usually don’t warp in that often.

uhuhh. Yes I must be. It is the rng gods boys.

Could you post your skiff fit please ? I’d like to try it myself.

2 Likes

Sure. There are a couple that I have used, both passive and active. Both fits can handle a squad of 4 Trigs. I haven’t encountered a squad of 5 yet on the active tanked Skiff, but given how much shield I still have left after defeating a squad of 4, it can probably do it.

The Starving Raznaborg only neuts for 40 GJ every 4 seconds (10 GJ/s), so as long as your capacitor regen is at least 10 GJ/s, they cannot break your tank. The Skiff has a huge advantage over the Procurer in that, not only can it have a much larger tank, it also has more than double the drone DPS due to having enough bandwidth for a full flight of medium drones. The Procurer can only field a flight of light drones.

[Skiff, Trig Passive][93k EHP]

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Pithum C-Type Explosive Deflection Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Pithum C-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Medium Shield Extender II

Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

Hornet II x5
Mining Drone II x5
Valkyrie II x5

Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-4
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-3
Genolution Core Augmentation CA-2
Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Capacitor Systems Operation EO-605
Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Management SM-705
Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Capacitor Management EM-805
Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Operation SP-905
Inherent Implants ‘Highwall’ Mining MX-1005

[Skiff, Trig Active][129k EHP][150k EHP Overheat]

Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Hornet II x5
Mining Drone II x5
Valkyrie II x5

1 Like

You can even get a pretty decent tank out of Procurer, despite the lack of drone damage compared to the Skiff. Just leave the Invulns running the entire time. As long as your capacitor regen is at least 10 GJ/s, you can’t be neuted out.

[Procurer, Trig Active][109k EHP][127k EHP Overheat]

Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II

Hornet II x5
Mining Drone II x5

Sure, you can tank them and kill them in an Orca, with two downsides. One, the Orca is 4 times more expensive than a tanked Skiff, and two, the only source of mining for the Orca is drones, so you have to stop mining in order to fight off the Trig patrol. In a Skiff, you don’t even have to shut the lasers off…