Triglavian in regular belts all over eve?

What classifies as a decent tank?

That depends on what you are flying. You will not be able to sit there and fight off a Trig patrol in anything other than a Procurer, Skiff, or an Orca. Any other mining ship, tanked or not, will get nuked. Having said that, either fit for yield or fit for tank. If you try to fit for both, you will fail at both. If you plan on sitting there and fighting them off, then go for max tank, which means NO mining upgrades of any kind. Mids full of shield extenders and invulns, damage control, and shield rigs. You can fit a mixture of tank and mining upgrades, but you won’t be able to sit there and fight off a squad of 4 or 5 Trigs. It will be enough, however, to get you out of the belt before they can pop you.

Now with the upcoming shield and armor EHP nerf, it will be even more important to fit for tank than for yield.

If you are a new player flying something like a Venture, you can still mine while the Trigs are out and about. Just fit a Medium Shield Extender and an Invuln in the mid slot, and a damage control in the low, along with shield rigs, and pay attention when they warp in. If you warp out when they warp in, you’ll be fine.

1 Like

I think this is great. I noticed them in the belts for the first time today and needed to alter my fittings. I made and extra 5 million from looting their wrecks. My only gripe is they don’t attack often enough.

2 Likes

I’m a new player (about two weeks in now) and I actually like them. They add a nice pucker factor to mining in high security areas. Also, they’re not really that hard to evade, unless you literally walk away from your computer. I just evaded a bunch of them in my Venture while writing a report for work in an adjacent window. Just have to glance at the overview window every so often and listen for their warp in sound.

My biggest problem with them was just figuring out how to configure my custom GTFO overview tab so that they showed up when they warped in (they are not NPCs or ships, they are entities).

Arguably, they are good practice, too, for when players graduate to lower security areas.

2 Likes

Not true

With a little more effort you might come to the realisation that new players probably aren’t aware of all the options they have available to them. Hey, come to think of it, I’m new and I don’t know how to do what the ■■■■ you’re talking about or even what the ■■■■ you’re talking about. And I’m near certain that’s a possibility beyond your comprehension. I can only surmise that ‘theory of mind’ is a concept well beyond your capacity to grasp. Lucky for you though you’ll always have your condescending attitude to shield yourself from your own ignorance. Have a nice day.

Eh? What? What isn’t true?

Pro Tip #1 (not directly Eve related): If you see a term or phrase on the internet that you do not know or do not understand, you can use your mouse to highlight the offending piece of text and then click on “search google for” those nasty words to find the hidden meaning behind it all.

Pro Tip#2: Eve is a complex game and you will need to do research and analysis if you wish to succeed. To aid in the research phase, see Pro Tip #1.

If you come into something new, whether it’s Eve or any other activity, and you expect people who are well versed in that activity to cater to your ignorance before you have exerted even the tiniest amount of effort to bridge gaps in your knowledge of the subject at hand, don’t be surprised when the responses you receive appear condescending. The fact you felt my response (to someone else, with a lot more time in game) was condescending and decided to complain about this on a forum, rather than fix your issue says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Best of luck moving forward… I hope the Eve Knowledge Unicorn slaps you with that mystical Eve knowledge soon, or I fear you will not last long in this game because it’s hard to find someone willing to spoon feed you. Best of luck!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

So if a player nowadays wants to mine regular Asteroid Belts in High Sec space, they should do it in a Battleship fit with a massive tank, just like back in the old days before Mining ships were added.

1 Like

/rSelfAwarewolves you almost got there. Woosh!

lol Mining domi. I did that once or twice.

1 Like

While i agree this is great for kicking Botters and AFKers, i also have to admit bands of these things roaming around one shotting ventures, and nearly almost one shotting T1 ships is a bit excessive. i have some friends who have just got started into this game and they cant get one of the nicer ores out side the newbie area with out getting blown up. ive been nice enough to get them new ventures but thats beside the point. one of them was going to go omega but then decided not to because they cant do simple things like mine. the other is on the fence about it too. mind you i like the emerging conduits but i think theres just too many of them, and it could end up costing CCP new players. both of them are the types who really liked the idea of mining their own ores to build their own stuff. and i get it not every one wants to move to low/null sec, not every one wants to run missions all the time.

2 Likes

Worst is that emerging conduits just respawn after clearing one. This is truly hurting new players than old.

worse thing is ccp dont give a rat what we think its all about profit and pvp content industry guys you all are are not important to ccp all they do is nerf are ships…rorq mining now sucks

I mine in HS. It keeps me on my toes. But I just warp out when they show up. Ive lost two ships to rats.
I’m ok with that. It’s EVE. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Makes sense too. Price of Plex has gone down. Less botters.
Plan is working.

1 Like

there is no less boters just less palyers who buy plex , some one dont play becous of pandemia , lost work , no monthly incom give other priority in real life as eve ;p

bots have good in jita and they dont disapear so easy

fly safe o7

My experience with Trigs in the belts hasn’t been terrible but I came in prepared. I mine in a Skiff with about 100k omni ehp and max subcap drone skills. The Orca I fly with is also fit fairly tanky and has remote rep and fleet shield support modules installed.

So far I have run into a total of 2 Trig patrols. The first one I encountered I warped my Orca off to a station as soon as I spotted them and tried to take them on in the Skiff. I killed a few but there were 4 or 5 of them and they were breaking my Skiff’s tank. I warped it out while I warped the Orca back into the belt. Once the Skiff had regened a bit of its shield at a structure I warped it back into the belt to assist. With both ships combined the remaining trigs died pretty easily. Less than 10 minutes later another group of trigs showed up. With the combined effort of both ships they were easily dispatched. The second trig encounter happened last night and it was only 2 ships. They died pretty quick and didn’t pose a threat. A second wave showed up but bugged out before I could lock them.

I will say that I think the trigs are too tough currently. I can handle them but I am in just about the best setup possible for them outside of combat ships. Macks, Hulks, Covetors, and Retrievers don’t stand a chance against them. Procurers would live long enough but I doubt a single or a pair of them could kill the trigs. Any of the frigates stand no chance against them.

I still haven’t figured out how to completely avoid them either. Every system I visit I see them on Dscan so I don’t think you can just leave and go somewhere else. I have mined a bunch in the Emerging Conduits and will be hitting up some Ore Anomalies soon as I need Mexallon. Plain old belt mining seems likes its pretty tough if you are a new or low skilled player. You will definitely need some support and protection.

1 Like

Those packs of roaming Triglavian Scouts only show up in systems with an Emerging Conduit Anomaly site. Those sites show up in the probe / scanner window. Can also check the Agency but it’s ability to list the name and type of Anomaly is limited to a 2 jump range.

Unfortunately those Emerging Conduit Anomaly sites are spawning in a lot of systems, but there are systems with no Emerging Conduits, just have to look around. Like you said, the best way to deal with the Triglavian Scouts, or I should say to not deal with them, is to mine the Ore Anomaly sites.

1 Like

Good day;

I’ve had good luck with this procurer (and skiff fit similarly) on the trig-rats in the non-emergent systems. If there’s 4 or less there’s a good chance won’t need to warp out to recharge, if 5 sometimes shields get very low.
I’ll kill the strip-miners, then go after their repper first, followed by the cap-killer. Once that’s done, can mine again while working on their dps boats. (oh yeah, perma-run the repper the whole time…) Doesn’t mine all that quickly, but if alternative is just mission-mine or not at all, I’m good with that:

[Procurer, trigmine]

Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Gistum C-Type Medium Shield Booster
Adaptive Invulnerability Shield Hardener II
Medium Shield Extender II
EM Ward Amplifier II

Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal I
Modulated Strip Miner II, Veldspar Mining Crystal I

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I