Triglavian Invasions, and why they need to be looked at closer

Hahahaha … no, ■■■■ off.

2 Likes

People told me 5. I think I remember 5 trigs on the citadels that are on grid with gates.

What if he’s used to farm in metropolis ? People die there every day. And it burns the eyes, too.

I used mine with 2 accounts, 1 hauling and 1 mining about 11 years ago and found it completely boring.

But, 6 seconds sounds like mining is far less boring now, not that it makes me want to start again.

Personally, I don’t see how you can complain about it. Mining in an invasion sounds like it was never going to end well. Guess you thought it was just business as usual.

2 Likes

Was this in a system marked as containing a triglavian invasion?

Yes, it was. Foothold system, in fact.

Coincidentally, I’ve mined in a system that suddenly had a Triglavian Invasion roll in, and my system was at the center of it. I survived in a Skiff and only ended up with 40-ish% of my shields gone.

Even if she had been there when it started, she should have still been able to survive with a properly fitted ship, to be fair.

I havent been in one when its kicked off.

What happens? Is it sudden? I thought they truned on at DT?

1 Like

This is what’s supposed to happen when you mine AFK, either by NPCs or other players… works as intended. :wink:

3 Likes

It does not happen on downtime?

But you didnt get to 40%shields a minute after it began, did you?

As a miner I’m sympathetic really. But if you are fielding an Orca then i assume you’ve been around a while. You should know (and even if you don’t Eve tells you when you enter or undock) that operating at ALL in an invasion system is a huge risk.

I fly an Orca very similar to yours, I would never mine in an invasion system with it.

Tough loss though, that sucks for you.

2 Likes

The way you describe it, without telling more, that sounds like an invaded system. You 1) missed the awkward symbols instead of alphanumericals while in station, 2) missed the distinctly different hue when undocked. I honestly don’t think the invasions are the issue here.

Or CCP is having growing concerns about the economy and decided it’s time for more drastic measures. Miners are at the basis of the player-run economy. Too much net influx of isk. It was only a matter of time.

Orca’s deal with trig scout patrols easily, but not the invasion fleets. Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

I’ve been mining in a foothold system when it kicked off. You get a notification, the sky turns red, and you get the system effects. Still a day or two before you see the stuff that OP encountered.

1 Like

Correct. You get a notification if you’re in the system when it happens.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s bad. I hope there is still some window of opportunity before powerful fleets will begin to spawn.

There is. Only small scout fleets show up on the first day, escalating with time.

1 Like

That explains what happened with the topicstarter. Thanks!

After a day or so, the big fleets like what killed OP show up.

As it should be

We would be completely fine without miners who just farm all day. Nothing important would be lost

3 Likes

It’s sudden, but there’s warning, like steadily increasing Triglavian activity in the system, and no it’s not generally a DT thing.

1 Like