Triglavian Victory!

Seriously, you want to know the outcome before you participate…
And the systems that have flipped are now pretty much dead like the rest of low-sec.
CCP has already said they don;t know how it will turn out. Its up to player participation.
And the Trig side apparently isn’t as popular as the vocal minority wants.

“Something mysterious is happening! Pick a side!”

1 Like

It is pretty well known whats happening if u take part in it. Triglavians make some systems effectively low sec and null sec to gather resources, while edencom is protecting status quo of high sec.

The current event is straightforward, but it seems obvious that it is leading up to something much bigger.

I dont know what you are talking about.
Why do you think so?
Personally I dont expect anything bigger than influencing security status of system by fighting NPCs.

I’ve only ever had a few wardecs come up in my time playing. All but of them were 1 man corps where the ceo account never even logged in, the one other time it was an numerically equal force with active pilots, but they were all EU and as such didnt come online untill hours after my AU timezone corp had gone to bed

We even prepared ships and were ready onn alert to undock and go fight should any of them appear. Still abit dissappointed that i never got a chance to do real (if small) pvp. Instead my only pvp experiences are surviving a gank attempt, losing a mining barge to a gank, the 1 time i fell for a better pilots bait and switch before he got me and the awfull red vs blue experience where i lucked out and joined the corp that had no active AU pilots, and all i ever got was gate camped I had no one to call to help, so i decided that wasnt much fun

While i may live and operate in high sec, im well aware of the dangers and the few times I;ve actually looked for pvp its either never been there or it was a pointless experience of 1 (lets say 0.5 due to no experience) v many

1 Like

I call them pussies. You’re welcome to follow my example if you like.

1 Like

Where did I say anything of that sort?

Unfortunately, it’s definitely a timezone issue for you. One of my best EVE pals is AU, and it was always really difficult to line up content for him, since he played when most other players were either sleeping, or waking up to go to work. Only his weekend nights had any reasonable overlap with high levels player activity.

Sorry that you never got a “good” war. In my own experience, the times I’ve gone after carebear/PvE corporations, I was usually the one who was outnumbered pretty significantly. I still won (most of the time), but I’d say a good 25% of my targets actually took the fight to me, and were sometimes even successful in beating me. And they would have beaten me much more often if their leadership wasn’t such rubbish.

One major misconception that most players have about high-sec piracy is why carebear/PvE corporations are so bad at defending themselves. It’s not because most of their members are bad at the game, or are unwilling to fight. It’s because these corporations are usually started and run by people who have absolutely no business running a corporation, because they don’t understand anything about game mechanics, tactics, player psychology, etc.

Here:

1 Like

Okay, so how does this:

equal to this:

Is your head full of spaghetti or something?

1 Like

Well. Here we go again. You prove what i have written about your experience.

Want examples?

Now look: PVE is fundamentally different from PvP (the closes kind if Burners but they are far from being popular among real “carebears”). You would know it if you seriously take “carebear” side of the game. I don’t even want to give these differences here. Because they are a lot.

To give some examples: what purpose serves ship scanner in PVE? What Warp Disruptor would do in a lvl4 mission? Not talking about cap injectors because they can be used but are very situational.

Another example:

Seriously? Leaving aside that most of players do not even visit forums or Reddit or other places.

And so on and so on. I could take any quote from You and show that you look at it purely from PvP side.

Just stop it man. I’m not going to try to convince you. I will stop right here (what we discuss is offtopic anyway).

1 Like

You definitely should stop, because you’re very much wrong.

Flying a ship for combat is flying a ship for combat. You maneuver, you target enemies and fire your weapons, and you tank incoming damage. Needing to use a warp disruptor isn’t such an alien concept for players that the only way someone (who initially played only the PvE side of the game) can grasp it is by having their mind reprogrammed in a reeducation camp for two years. All you have to do is watch a 10-minute “PvP basics” video, or read a wiki page.

Your argument amounts to PvP being so out of the ordinary and difficult to grasp, that, well, it’s pretty much impossible to do so unless you were born with that knowledge. So pray tell, how in the flying ■■■■ do players get to the point where they fight other players? Because there is a whole lot of them in the game. According to your convoluted chop logic, we should all be mining Veldspar in our Ventures right now.

I’ve taught hundreds of players how to fight (or at least take precautions against aggression) in this game. Don’t project your own inability to learn onto others.

What’s your point? Once you’ve established the knowledge base required to succeed in PvE learning the use of a few new modules and tactics is easy. Read the guides, use some sense, and go do PvP. Do you really have such a low opinion of PvE players that you don’t think they are capable of learning anything more than the most menial of farming tasks?

1 Like

It is a simple question that you cannot answer, as I said your target selection is the issue. You want to fight either bots or people who have no ability to fight and yet you get angry about it. I actually feel sorry for you on your game choices.

And you accuse me of having a head full of spaghetti :joy:

1 Like

Ah, I see. You’re just trolling. Carry on, then.

I think CCP wants the trigs to win. Their weapons are OP, and they look cooler. (I’m sure everyone can agree on that one), and they have these huge ships plenty of times bigger than Titans.

1 Like

Nope. The ships are ugly, the concept is stupid, and I hate that CCP keeps pushing them on us. But unfortunately CCP has invested too much into F2P cash shop skins to ever allow this event to destroy them.

1 Like

Still, CCP is pulling players to the trig side with new ships, OP damage crap, and whatever. I bet that CCP is planning for the trigs to win, regardless of how many players side with EDENCOM.

1 Like

Edencom is the side of the imperialist bankers. Of course, any freedom loving capsuleer would side with the Triglavians.

1 Like

Freedom loving as in, gankers, pirates, and psychos. Besides, what if the trigs end up being more oppressive than CONCORD. No freedom.

1 Like