Triglavian Victory!

Carebear is such a pointless term. 99% of the people in this game are carebears, including the “PvPers” who only take fights they can 100% win.

Maybe if people cared less about how much ISK they have, they’d actually find the game fun. Sad!

4 Likes

At what time in history was any battle a honorable one? If you don’t have an advantage, why fight? If you are being attacked by overwhelming forces, then you did something wrong.

The Alamo, Thermopylae, Battle of Wizna, to name a few. I could probably name of a Sabaton set list if you need more.

1 Like

Honorable, yes, but they still lost. What good did it do them other than to be noted in history. Is this the way you want EVE to go?

Edit; EVE, just a footnote in history?

i disagree
if you are a solo dude you have to involve yourself in some hopeless battles
why? so people think you are crazy , them even if the dude kills you , sometimes he will not want to engage you again… because he had a victory , maybe he will not try again and pretend he is on the top for ever
most people in eve are cowards
i have a lot of experience in entire corporations hunting me
wen you kill , one , two, tree , sometimes they lost a fleet member … even if you are in a loss the CEO will tell them , hey mofos , stop loosing ships to that dude
im kinda under the influence of whisky but i hope i explained why being fearless is a valid strategy in small scale pvp
is like being in jail :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m reminded of this old gem.

2 Likes

The News has reported on Raravoss.
Link = Raravoss has fallen thread

Now the Vale has fallen into Final Liminality that makes 2 systems conquered by the Triglavian Invasion, The Triglavians are here to stay with more systems falling.

The Next Target should be Vaajaita which must be pushed into Final Liminality, Hail the Clades!

■■■■■■■ loved that game.

1 Like

What I see is some people generalising and putting labels on players. While in reality there is more to that what u can think. Simple answers arent true for complex situations, and there is as much complex situations as many players there are. The way people think isnt because they are in some group, its because of their own assesments, and those always vary, because skills and intentions vary. Polarising opinions are emerging because people are being influenced by emotions.

1 Like

As far as i can see you have no experience in being “carebear”. You talk purely from attacker standpoint.

That’s why you don’t understand the situation.

For example

I have mentioned knowing fit and abilities. Your answer:

Here you imply that they know:

• that they can scan your ship with neutral alt
  • they can deduce abilities of the PvP fitted ship from its fit

Isn’t it what they lack per my quote? But you don’t understand it.
I’m surprised you didn’t mention checking your name on zkillboard to see your fits and possible friends. This is another thing which will never come to non-PvP player. But it is the first thing which gets done by “good player”.

On the other hand i’m talking from first-hand experience. I’ve spent years being carebear before touching PvP side of the game. I know very well what i’m writing about being “carebear”.

And there’s the difference between us: you only see part of the picture and gladly put stickers “good player”/“bad player”. I see more complex picture and understand why some of the players behave the way they do.
To each their own.

4 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me that certain players discount the fact that many characters that are in indy corps are specific indy alts and have no combat skills trained up at all.

Next this poster will say use drones, but defanging drone boats is easy and in any case most alts have the drones trained up just to remove rats.

This just shows the ignorance of the person involved. Because they have no combat skills, of course they don’t engage. :roll_eyes:

As such their target selection sucks big time.

2 Likes

Actually, you couldn’t be further from the truth. I’ve infiltrated (or orchestrated the infiltrations with friends) hundreds of carebear corporations over many years. That entails a whole lot of pretending to be a carebear, including taking part in their activities, and carrying on in conversations about the relevant topics (including feigning a whole lot of ignorance about various game mechanics). For example, when they start discussing their fittings, and how they are griefer-proof and can run level 3 missions at the same time, you have to agree with/be amazed at their discovery that fitting both cruise missiles and torpedoes allows you to engage both close-range and long-range targets without having to change your ship.

Hell, I’ve probably sat through more mining ops than the average carebear, simply by effect of having played this game for so long.

I think you’re looking back at your time as a carebear through rose-tinted (or maybe, more accurately, ■■■■-stained) goggles. Throughout the years, you’ve moved from one normal to another, and the transition was so gradual that you never put things into perspective. I, on the other hand, have to maintain two normals at the same time.

That, or you’re not as involved in the “PvP side of the game” as you think you are, and as such can’t make the proper distinction between the carebear and the PvPer states of mind.

Ah, I see. You’re equating being a carebear with being new.

This is a fair assumption for the uninitiated, but isn’t even half-true in reality. Many of these players have actually been playing for a very long time. In fact, I’ve always made it a point to go after the ones who have been playing for a while, because they’re the ones with the cash to pay big ransoms.

So here’s my question for you: can you reasonably expect someone who has been playing for years to not know about ship scanners, or about the capabilities of ships according to the way they’re set up? After all, a PvP setup isn’t really that much different from a PvE setup. A warp disruptor here, and a cap injector there, but the rest of the modules are fundamentally the same. If someone’s been playing for half a decade, they should be able to understand what having 2 repairers, or two 1600mm plates, will entail in a combat situation.

Once again, I find it difficult to believe that someone who has been playing for years doesn’t know about killboards. In my experience, killboards were actually discussed moderately often. Usually with disdain.

Not indy corps; carebear corps. Not all carebears are industrialists, and not all industrialists are carebears. In fact, in my experience, most carebears do actually primarily train for combat skills. Industry skills are usually reserved for alts, and mining is done either by bots, by new players who don’t know any better, or relegated to once-a-week corp ops as kind of a supplementary corp activity. I’ve encountered very few high-sec corporations that consisted of dedicated miners who were actual players and not AHK scripts.

What do drones have to do with this?

Some of the best PvP-friendly ships in the game are drone boats, so I have no idea what you mean by any of this.

1 Like

There is an astonishing lack of a word “casual” in your post. :thinking:

Its strange, as I think what you write about is more fitting to casual playstyle.

1 Like

So what is the term for someone who wants the rules changed when they face opposition?

2 Likes

A democrat?

Democracy is bad, I agree, but Im not sure thats a broad enough term.

So you war dec bots and wonder why you don’t get fights?

1 Like

I may be no expert, but aren’t the trigs turning systems into NPC null, which is useless? Especially since it was former high sec and has no good loot. All it’s doing is causing chaos. Let’s just work together to kick the useless trigs back to abyssal land.

1 Like

The problem here is that CCP wants us to play the game (the Triglavian sub-game), but they don’t want to tell us what the rules are. CCP is so proud of themselves that they have created content that the players can affect long-tem. But, CCP won’t tell us what those effects are going to be.

2 Likes

What if CCP doesnt know that.

1 Like