Trolling EULA and Forum PVP

This quote proves the point that posts get subverted. Not only is the conversation broken but the topic is stopped. Which will happen any second someone reports that the post is toxic. Then CCP will stop the topic regardless of merit.

However, the people who post dunking are not stopped.

@CCP_Swift

One nobody reports a joke as toxic either they dislike the joke so don’t care or like it and click the heart icon if they feel like it.

Second as already pointed out by people in this thread if the mods see value in the thread being saved they do the effort to remove even a large number of posts as happened in the past numerous times.

Third not every post has to be 100% on topic and a couple off topic posts will not make a thread dead, the thread being worthless is the only thing that leads to its death or its OP posting in a flaming and/or non-constructive way.

You know this is a forum with lots of people who you know sometimes joke, shock to you I know, and such “offtopic” on its own neither derail a thread nor are considered a problem by the community and the mods as long as it is not disrupting the thread at hand. That is my experience anyway.

So in short you are overreacting. Maybe try to find the issue within yourself and work on correcting it because if space pixels and a related online forums triggers you so much then there seem to be surely some issue on your end.

Just some helpful advice.

No it doesn’t. I’m asking an honest question because you appear to be trolling.

And yes, all of this is your opinion. Even the label forum PvP is made up LOL.

So either you’ll answer the questions in good faith or you won’t. But if you won’t then you gotta know we know you trolling cause you actually don’t want debate or feedback on a public forum :smiley:

So which is it?

Version 2 example of derailing a thread.

someone easily gets their feelings hurt.

1 Like

How is he derailing? He’s literally on the topic. You’re just refusing to engage and trolling at this point :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you going to complain to CCP?

ROFL why would I? I don’t report posts or threads.

I find it satisfying watching you make a fool of yourself :smiley:

You literally rroffed yourself with this thread and I am living for it :smiley:

Flagging a post or a topic, regardless of how many times doesn’t mean we’ll automatically do something about it. It just means we’ll take a look at it.

As for players using multiple accounts to try to scheme threads or posts being locked or removed, that’s something I’ve suspected on a few occasions but when checked has never been the case, at least not in the use of alts. That doesn’t mean it’s never happened in the past but I’ve never seen it.

In regard to locking the topic because the replies are all super bad. This is something that’s of course not supposed to happen under normal circumstances and is only ever done if the post is beyond repair and we would have to delete almost every comment in a thread.

This is a dilemma and usually only ever happens when something blows up before we can step in. We of course try as much as possible to allow discourse, especially when it’s directed at CCP but sometimes it’s just not a good thing to remove almost every comment in a thread, regardless if they are violating the rules and pretend like it never happened. In that case I would rather lock it and leave it up for you to read and then you can make up your own mind.

I hope this answers the topic and I do like discussing these things in general so if there’s something else then fire away.

2 Likes

Well, since you asked, there was a period of time when CCP would start off a thread in ‘slow mode’ which was really annoying and I have seen the offical forumthreads for patch notes getting locked. Tthere is this really annoying red star icon on my neocom I can’t get rid of, something called the NES which is really frustrating because we only just got over a bout of red dot plague in the inventory that lasted over a year.

So multiple accounts to post on the (who would do such a thing) forums and set a narrative is bad, but alts voting in elections is fine?

Is it easy to spot? Are people pretty blatant about it?

Super bad in what way? People just having a go at each other (which is half the forum), or when the community says things like :-

‘Skillpoints for money is bad’
‘Entosis Trollceptors is bad’
‘Blackout is bad’
‘High security wars are bad’
‘Jump fatigue is bad’
‘Ganking is bad’
‘MESS and DBS is bad’
‘Fillaments are (anti-PvP, cause when caugh people just pochven out) bad?’

and people getting really upset when the mechanics get implemented anyway?

<3

Well, since you asked, there was a period of time when CCP would start off a thread in ‘slow mode’ which was really annoying and I have seen the offical forumthreads for patch notes getting locked.

• This hasn’t been the case since I started at CCP so that’s a couple of years at least. Edit - (We tried employing slow mode last year for a limited time but quickly moved away from it.) I also don’t remember this(Locking official posts) happening specifically when I was a player but I could just have missed it or forgotten. In any case we neither use slow mode or lock official threads.

The best way to talk about things you like / don’t like is to post it in the most recent General Feedback thread or a Devblog thread, like this one.

So multiple accounts to post on the (who would do such a thing) forums and set a narrative is bad, but alts voting in elections is fine?

No I’m not saying that at all. I think using alts to vote for anything is bad and not just here, but in general. Voting system’s usually aren’t designed to accommodate individuals voting multiple times. I only say usually because maybe there’s a system out there which does handle it but I have yet to see one.

Is it easy to spot? Are people pretty blatant about it?

This usually only ever happens or I’ve only encountered it where someone has lost posting privileges in some capacity and is not willing to respect that. There’s usually not much effort spent on trying to hide it.

Super bad in what way? People just having a go at each other (which is half the forum), or when the community says things like :-

‘Skillpoints for money is bad’
‘Entosis Trollceptors is bad’
‘Blackout is bad’
‘High security wars are bad’
‘Jump fatigue is bad’
‘Ganking is bad’
‘MESS and DBS is bad’
‘Fillaments are (anti-PvP, cause when caugh people just pochven out) bad?’

and people getting really upset when the mechanics get implemented anyway?

Super bad I mean genuinely bad things like severe harassment or very hurtful personal attacks, something along those lines.

Saying you think something in the game is bad is probably the most valuable thing you can tell us. It would of course help if you also included why, but if you only say that it’s bad I would rather have that then nothing. It’s at least something I can work with and find the underlying feedback. Same goes for if you don’t like implementation.

1 Like

Is still in slow mode even though the first post says this topic would only be in Slow Mode for a week. 2021 is certainly not “years ago”, even though it might feel like it due to circumstances. :frowning:

It is very commendable, however, that CCP stopped this some time in the middle of 2021. The person who turned this ship around into a reasonable direction again should be praised. The person who introduced Slow Mode and thought it would be a good idea should not.

REDNES

2021 is certainly not “years ago”, even though it might feel like it due to circumstances. :frowning:

Your absolutely right. I didn’t remember that when writing out my reply and I should have mentioned that. I was more referring to us locking official threads but your point still stands.

Not that we’re considering introducing it again but the mechanic is a timer set to an arbitrary point in the future until it expires so that’s strange if that thread is still in slow mode. I’ll have to check out what’s causing that, thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Only a dirtbag would dispute the fact that escape filaments are bad :slight_smile:

nice to see someone from CCP actually replying. It is a shame that you guys and gals utilize reddit more than you do here.

1 Like

So what I gather from all this is the OP was wrong, and I was right.

The systems we have in place work, and there is no such thing as forum PvP.

CCP has spoken! Praise Iceland!

On a serious note, I get what the OP was trying to do, I’d give the trolling effort a 7/10.

I don’t seem to remember this being the case. I was in TEST at the time on a different account long since lost to time and I remember we got pinged to bring attention to the post and I seem to remember this is what CCP took umbridge with. I think at least 100 individuals in TEST got a forum ban of some kind that dda so I don’t believe it could have just been a small number of alts.

It was also not so much because of the pictures - thi is the Internet after all - but just before her employment she had written a number of posts on Twitter about how the Eve community was toxic and then she got a community dev role. Whilst this may seem like a derail, I feel this is relevant as we must always remember the narrative of any story is set by CCP as they can cover the largest number of people in our community in one fell swoop.

For example, if CCP want to tell everyone that all of Goons are Mittani alts, then can do so. Goons will get upset, other null blocks will même but, importantly, some players will believe the narrative because of the authority CCP has. Just as you did regarding the Mintchip narrative you mentioned.

So whenever we hear stories of Forum Pvp we should always consider the context and ask why this narrative is being spun. And by that I mean from the people who are PvPing and from CCP/ISDs in how they patrol their own forums.

After all, this is Eve. Trust no-one. Especially not me.

1 Like

I think one of your questions in that survey wasn’t worded the best way.

So “How concerned are you with the effect of” (really you can put anything concept of the game or anything proposed) “on new player acquisition and player retention?” I think was not really worded well.

I think you should have split it up. So you can ask if an aspect has something on new player acquisition and I think that’s like either the stage someone who heard of the game picks up a try or if you stretch it might include the decision to stay in the game after the tutorial.

Side note, I’ve clered that stage. Will I play 40 years from now? Probably not. Do I have an end date in mind? No. I feel like I’ll be online every week for the forseeable future, even if that ends at some point.

Player retention is a different question, but you managed to lump both together.

And as long as the number of current Omega accounts never drops below 70% of its peak, you never have to worry about retention since it means retention is adequate.

1 Like