Trying to be a miner in null-sec is boring

Bye! \o

Most of the games I play do not bore me… I mean, that’s why I play them. I don’t play many but a dozen and half a dozen very regularly.
You’re right when you say EVE isn’t like other MMOs and I’m not usually interested in online MMOs. I just tried EVE because it’s a space game and supposed to be a sandbox… Looks to me like there’s more box than sand.

Also, I’m getting bored in EVE because I don’t see the point/goal of it and all the restrictions don’t help. I guess if I really wanted to get into the game I’d get Omega account but it’s really not that interesting to me.
I feel like a sucker for spending precious time logged into EVE server… I’ve never felt that way about playing a game.
Aren’t games supposed to be fun and engaging ?
I don’t see what’s fun in not being able to do what the game says it offers due to low skills or low-grade ships/modules, low amount of ISK or people cutting in your progression because they’re looking for an extra kill on their board.
I like PvP don’t get me wrong.
But I like it when I can also manœuvre and shoot back.
Being caught in a force field while unable to shoot back for 30sec then blowing up isn’t PvP to me, that’s just the Killing Fields or Milagro Banfield Wars or some execution squad but PvP… ? Naaah.

I thought you already left? Perhaps you don’t understand the game because you are too busy whining in the forums? If you want sand in your box, then you will need to make some sand. Don’t expect anyone else to do it for you.

1 Like

EvE in it’s glorious entirety is the goal in itself. (cue Sitar music) The point is to have fun with the journey…there is no final destination.

You really shouldn’t.

I’ve been having a lot of fun with EvE since the days I first bumbled around in my starter system not knowing yet how to even fly my starter ship.

We all started at the same point.

Such is EvE. :slight_smile:

It’s more like real life that way. “If you find yourself in a ‘fair fight’, someone didn’t plan right”.

THIS. IS. EVE!:

but this is also EvE:

It’s all fun

o7

2 Likes

a lot of players play as alpha. Being omega that doesn’t serve a necessary role in your game play is just a waste of money and isk. Try to learn the industry. it’s not time consuming, you don’t need to log in frequently. manufacture catalyst and coercer because it’s in demand. dock in jita and stay there as long as you want. I suggest that you create a character for center for advance studies in gallente because the npc corp chat there are so active so that you will not get bored.

People will give you money, if you have the right attitude, which you don’t.

2 Likes

I don’t play games to get what I get from real life. I play games for entertainment and EVE is simply not entertaining to me.
And EVE is far from anything real so I don’t see the point in wanting or trying to make it like real life.

And as far as fair fights and planning right, that’s basically every PvP MMO out there, EVE isn’t unique in that regard.

Exactly right.

I get the feeling Red is just an alt pretending to be new, angling for attention and trouble.

Stop giving him attention, it’s not like you’re going to change his mind.

Trouble is the last thing I want, that’s why I’m ignoring certain members who can only post disrespectful posts when they have nothing better to say.
As far as attention-seeking, no one is obligated to reply to any of my posts, you included. And until I’m banned from these forum I’m allowed to post, whether you like it or not.

They’re not giving me attention, they’re simply discussing and replying based on what I write.

But you can stop giving me attention now because your comments are worthless and unimaginative and I don’t feel like entertaining you any more than I already have.

I have indeed 3 accounts… but multiplex it. Most of the times I play only 1 account, sometimes switch, but I need 3 accoutnts for logistic. Covert cyno / blackops / blockade runner… :wink:

Ok. Those movies are on completely different ends of the spectrum. You haven’t watched The Milagro Beanfield War have you?

I’ve regularly given ISK to newbro explorers I’ve popped in wormholes. I even try to give them advice on how not to be a victim. But when they respond with salt & tears to my friendly emails then they get nothing

4 Likes

hope you find a good fit

1 Like

:rofl: Yes I have and it’s been a long while since. I just put it in there to see if anyone would catch it. Good eye, lol.
The Killing Fields I didn’t see, though. I think the poster for it put me off.

It was a good movie, if you can call a movie about the worst of humanity good. Love the Beanfield War. Great book also.

Nah, I get bored quickly. Very few games have managed to keep my attention for more than a few months. I must have some form of ADHD, lol.
Still, I can see the interest in EVE, but only as a PvE game. And before any of you PvP psychos jump on this post, relax and breathe. It’s only my opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.

I don’t like to sit through 2 hours of reenactment of things I know human beings are perfectly capable of.
I love to sit through 2 hours of sci-fi/adventure about things human beings cannot imagine they’re capable of.

“PvP psychos”? Ah, I see.

I had hope for you that you could be an asset to EvE. Unfortunately evidently you have chosen quite a different path.

Tah-tah! Don’t let the airlock door hit ya on the way out.

2 Likes

:rofl: I knew you’d take the bait.