Uedama anti-gank

Well golly gee, it’s almost like CCP wants us to gank. Imagine that!

Maybe EVE just isn’t for you?

They also want us to anti-gank. They will ensure neither side gets a real upper hand.

In some ways no its not. In some ways, yes it is.

Its pretty much my IRL existence as well. This world could use a lot of improvement.

Then don’t complain about it since it’s a self-imposed limitation. Become a solo PvPer like so many others have done before you. Stop trying to find excuses for not being able to do it. I owned my own wormhole for years, and single-handedly repelled multiple invasion attempts. The bar is much lower if you want to harass someone’s operations in high-sec.

All you seem to do is make complaints, and when those complaints are challenged, you make a chain of excuses to try to deflect culpability. It might seem like a sound strategy in your mind, but the rest of us see exactly what’s going on, and will call you out on that too.

I have a tip for you: when you deal with a whole bunch of different people, and find severe, uncompromising flaws with all of them, the problem actually lies with you.

Can, in fact, be automated very easily. But the reason it’s not done is because it would constitute an extremely unfair imbalance. The fact that you don’t see and understand this doesn’t surprise me, however.

Something to consider…

LOL. No it couldn’t. Deciding if an ALT has always been or has gone legit is a total judgement call. Its even an issue with the main! Police and courts struggle with that every single day. Has this guy reformed? Is that guy involved? It cannot be automated.

If you really believe that, then you suffer from a convenient blindness.

Just the fact that most of us are here to blow up other people’s spaceships speaks volumes of what is wrong with humanity. And believe me, I would love to point out specific points of cancel culture, people losing their jobs over tweets (teachable momement be damned), etc, their kids being thrown into financial uncertainty just so people can strut and revel in their downfall. People are fricken sick in the head from a standpoint of principles. Psychologically though, you could say its normal to be so selfish, sadistic and short-sighted.

But getting deep into that would get political and off topic.

You must have me confused with someone else. I have supported lots of people on this forum and offered ideas in good faith. As a habitual AFK cloaker, I even welcome negative changes to that mechanic. You obviously don’t know me at all.

I am not complaining and that brings me yet another issue I have with people: interpreting statements of fact and suggestions for improvement as “complaining”. This board is chock full of accusations of whining and crying and being salty and so many are so obviously straight out of the azz of the person making the accusation. ( ← that you may interpret as a complaint, but don’t over-do it. You know its true and you know its unproductive).

But the limitations of solo PVP are by design. And I am dealing with that just fine and having fun my own way.

1 Like

Why are you here???

And talking of crying about wars , when safety gets war Dec what do theses elite PvP ers do.
Run and hide and lose structures and Claim they win, hell dawn the same someone stands up to them and what happens hell dawn gone. Then eve University get a war from a similar type of group and go and destroy their war HQ with 100 Tristan’s and they cry about it .

So people reading this I wouldn’t pay much heed to any clams gankers or war decers make , go by there actions

1 Like

[quote=“Aiko_Danuja, post:707, topic:243461, full:true”]

Rohan very true but don’t forget eve lets us break free of some of our social constraints. Not that I can go as far as they do but there are a lot of players in eve on the opposite side to these people. We should chat in game sometime

1 Like

Wars are in a very bad place right now in general. There’s very little skill and strategy involved, and everything is about numbers alone. In a large conflict, a group that’s outnumbered 10:1 will lose their structure. This isn’t something against which you can fight back. I can be in a corporation alone, and declare war on a corporation of 50 people. And then that corporation of 50 people can go and get an infinite amount of allies. And then I have to defend the war HQ against hundreds of players.

Now, the structure can get destroyed, and that’s fair enough. But I need that structure to even be able to declare wars, so the current system makes it that if you’re not in a large group, you can’t engage in wars.

Anything that shits on small-group PvP like that is utter rubbish. That’s why when you said that wars are in a better place right now, I said that you’re wrong; because wars are still quite viable, but only for the biggest, strongest mega-groups that are able to enforce the safety of their structures.

You guys are playing a PvP spaceship shooting game, and crying that this is evidence something is ‘wrong’ with humanity. I guess Space Invaders just isn’t for you? Perhaps you would be happier playing Farmville or Candy Crush?

Be the change YOU want to see in the world!

Uninstall.

They are frauds. Nothing but the monsters they see.

1 Like

With you on that one

1 Like

No sooner do I make a point, and then it gets proven. Everything is characterized as “crying”, “whining”, “complaining”. God forbid we just examine humanity with an aim for improvement. We are so often dissuaded from that, and why? Cause so many yahoos want get one over on someone else or some other low brow nonsense.

Its fine for me. But I have to point out that you cannot grief the AI of that game. That means its pretty boring for a troll.

That said, yes indeed, I do wish I did not enjoy destruction and violence so much. I wish CONSTRUCTION gave me the same satisfaction. We ALL need to strive to be and do better. I am not exempt. But at least I can see and admit my own bad tendencies.

Shooting spaceships in a PvP spaceship shooting game is NOT griefing.

Stop crying!

1 Like

I think you must consider why Safety doesn’t have pilots readily interested in wars. I’d assume that it’s because CCP changed wars for the worse when it comes to content. It’s all hiding behind ACL’s now. Before the changes CODE. had pilots dedicated to wardecs and killing people that put in decs against them.

So my point was if CCP were to allow us to take the gloves off where you simply can’t hide in an NPC Corp or if there weren’t immunity then you and your hombres wouldn’t be unable to stand up. It’s easy to talk trash when you’re war immune :wink:

That’s just part of the game with wars and combat in general. There’s little that even a decently sized group can do against the N+1 game. I would imagine that by now most serious wardec groups accept that at any time some Nullsec blob can come destroy their war hq and ruin their fun until new structures are put down.

Are you so ignorant to think that any of you would show up and make yourself vulnerable to any kind of actual pvp? There’s a reason you hide in war immune and NPC corps. It’s obvious. Go look at the Corp history for many of you from before the war dec changes. Endless Corp hopping to evade wardecs!

We’re playing a video game. Namely one that provides an immersive experience. Not everyone wants to play armchair psychologist with you nor is this the place for it. Condemning societies issues while equally participating. Strange.

1 Like

Point 1: This game is not just a PVP game. Its also a PVE game. Generally PVE people do not want to PVP, or at least not when they chose to PVE.

Point 2: High security space in particular has explicit in game rules explicity designed to confuse (grief) players as those rules are intentionally made to be regularly circumventable. Points 1 and 2 are ways that CCP griefs its player base. This is somewhat excused by the fact that many people are masochists. It would be much better excused if pop-ups (mutable of course) constantly reminded players that no where is safe in EVE, and that this is by design. But that would reduce the salt, and quite a few M-113 monsters would quit as a result.

saltcreature1

Point 3: Ganking is always griefing (or at least an attempt to). Gankers either enjoy the griefing aspect of ganking to some degree or are so devoid of empathy they don’t even know they are doing it. The second type is always sociopathic, though not an intentional griefer, are griefing nonetheless. As for the first type it depends on the degree to be sociopathic. Sadly the enjoyment of griefing is, in general, normal from a scientific standpoint. From the standpoint of principle, it is rotten.

Even anti-gankers are griefing. But they are griefing the original griefer. Its problematic to be sure, but it cannot exist without the original griefer, so that is where the blame lies.

Point 4: I am not crying, but you wish I were. How you get your jollies is obvious, and its mostly through fantasizing, but I am sure you get actual salt sometimes too.

Point 5: I am glad this game has made it possible for griefers to get their kicks out of a mere video game. But I do wish the forum would get cleaned up, plus a few other tweaks here and there.

Go ahead and stop reading my posts…if you can.

Believe me, I am not participating in quite a lot. I have moved country and am about to gain a separate citizenship based in part on the very point of what I participate in and do not.

Oh, I believe you.

I mean don’t you guys report off-topic posts in an attempt to only follow the rules of this forum when it’s convenient for you? You guys use it as a way to censor people and opinion. Funny how you never really see gankers and the like brigading against posts.

Just saying if you want to have a separate discussion about why gankers are sociopaths there’s other places for that.

Edit:

You are right about CCP griefing their customers. They do it to everyone in all areas of space. Your examples are valid as players are lulled into a false sense of security with the term “high-sec”. There’s no protection, only retribution as all it takes is math and theory crafting to find a way to be nefarious here.

So players think it’s inherently safe until they learn otherwise either through experience or referencing a 3rd party tool / website. CCP’s reliance on their community to create tools is a bit overboard since I personally believe that you shouldn’t need to use 3rd party tools and websites just to have level footings. In short, CCP are kinda ■■■■■■■ stupid.

1 Like

I’m pleased to say I never jump around , my old character stayed with the alliance through many wars, in high , null and mostly low sec.

Your right about the big null blocks but I’m sure things can change , I have made it quite clear in the past my feelings about these and places like the TTT but why we are a small group we have to take care of our very existence new players included and work with the rules CCP makes, like you but our own take on it. Still so many things to try😊