Uedama anti-gank

Hope aaarg can still manage the CODE alliance. Aiko SAFETY alliance are thriving based on their zkillboard activities.

You are correct. Highsec is as Safe as ever. Itā€™s great news for haulers too because with input costs so high for production itā€™s nice to have an actual safe method for players to make isk nearly risk free.

1 Like

We are still here.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

ROFL. :rofl:

Please, donā€™t make me have to post to zKill kills I donā€™t usually post just to prove what a lie that wasā€¦

Not to mention all the targets you did not even try to gank because they were not weak enough for you to gank with us there (or profitable enough to gank with the much more expensive ships that our presence would have required), but that you would have ganked if we were not there. Not sure not having failed in those cases is something I would want to brag about if I was a gankerā€¦

2 Likes

I did wonder what you would say , you could have left it at ROFL but the rest is gold

Post killmails all you want if it makes you feel good. We missed far more ganks to mis-timing warpins than we did to your Nestor or jams.

Thereā€™s plenty that can go wrong with a gank before you even factor in player intervention. We came to Deltole not ever having ganked in the fashion we were trying and between my partner and I we went from a nest egg of 15b to 32b since February. Thatā€™s after all gank ships are paid for in full and loot splits are done.

Does that sound like failure? Haha spin it how you want dude, youā€™re delusional if you think youā€™re a hero. Just a inconvenient nuisance - last gank you tried to stop you caught a few catalysts and we still got the 2b+ gank. That alone pays for any gank you may have foiled.

Not to mention the fact that your computer chair obviously doubles as a toilet for you as you yell at mother to bring more meatloaf. Yes, Knowledgeminer youā€™re totally the bane of gankers.

Why add that last paragraph, I donā€™t understand why so many ganker types appear to be mean spiteful human beings , I do hope they are just playing a role.

Let me enjoy killing gankers and criminals and you enjoy killing people ill prepared to fight back.

1 Like

Because Iā€™m an imperfect, mean, spiteful human being?

I have no qualms with that. You do you.

1 Like

Lets just adress the Character in the Game not the person in front of the computer shall we.:love_you_gesture::+1:

1 Like

Thatā€™s not going to work all of the time because some of us are cute anime girls in both, so things will get pretty confusing.

Githany, Aiko, and I run the after-school spaceship club. Youā€™ll never guess which one of us is the tsundere.

2 Likes

I would take that statement as saying that ganking is still rather unbalanced.

1 Like

Yet the value of loot available to gankers is 100% in player control.

That sort of increase in wealth is just as much a sign that people generally feel so safe in highsec that they fit and carry so much value.

Or just plain dumb. Like Hauling a billion isks worth of blueprints using an Orca.

I mean, of course you would. Iā€™m not really sure what ā€œbalanceā€ looks like to you but we donā€™t achieve profits by ganking every stumbling idiot we see. We have a threshold and we know where we want our isk spent to potential isk made ratio to be. Then again, not every ganker is driven by profitsā€¦ and at the end of the day I donā€™t really care about them either. I just want to make sure Iā€™m making more ISK then Iā€™m spending because I want dunk whales.

What else needs to be nerfed about ganking? Iā€™m sure you can come up with a list long enough to make it not even fun or worthwhile anymore, yeah? The only thing that makes ganking profitable are the players hauling enough making it profitable. You realize that everytime CCP issues some sort of nerf that we find a way to try and make it work, and most of the times we do. The last huge shakeup with bumping changes which lead to Miniluv not really being a thing anymore and pushed gankers into either having a gank fleet readily available or to multibox their own armies of gankers (or a combination of the two). At the end of the day itā€™s not that ganking is too hard, too easy, or balanced just rightā€¦ Look at the efforts we go through in order to gank and in my opinion Iā€™d say it requires a bit much (buff ganking CCP!). I think that it shows both how well players theorycraft a way to do things when faced with nerfs as well as just how dumb or lazy people are for hauling like they do.

Yes, one of our successful targets was a Drake with 7b in Capital BPOā€™s.

This is the same song and dance thatā€™s been going on since Iā€™ve been playing this game. Itā€™s clear that CCP wants destruction in all areas of space, and especially in this scarcity phase this is especially true.

2 Likes

Billion isks BPCā€™s can be transport using an agile frigate like stiletto or Astero with less than 2 seconds align.:man_facepalming::woman_facepalming::person_facepalming:. If your in null or lowsec just search for a wormhole to go into high sec to avoid smart bombers.:person_shrugging:

Sure I miss-stepped. Iā€™ll fix it:

ā€œNot to mention the fact that your pilots seat obviously doubles as a toilet for you as you yell at mother to bring more meatloaf. Yes, Knowledgeminer youā€™re totally the bane of gankers.ā€

Absolutely and this is what I mean when I say that itā€™s OTHER PLAYERS that enable ganking to be profitable. Iā€™m not sure what Dracvlad means when he says itā€™s ā€œunbalancedā€ but in my opinion in the current state of the game bring a criminal in highsec in working as intended.

2 Likes

And with the new industrial changes , cargo will have even more value, so Uedama could be in for a hard time .

1 Like

I was going to mention apart from idiots carrying too much, but took that as being known about so did not bother.

Take my comment about unbalanced being used in the context of scarcity policy being applied to ISK generation, everyone else got nerfed but ganking no. But to suggest that ganking needs buffing no way, because minerals and ore is worth so much more as are most other things you are getting a big buff in income from that and a larger target list, though the cost increase of ships and modules may impact that a little depending on how efficient you are at scooping them.

As for a long list not really, bumping being changed was the main one and I am happy with that, after that it really comes down to things like loot scooping through DSTā€™s and making the -10 actually mean something and I would go as far as having the Empires prevent -10 characters from docking in their NPC stations so having a structure is a must. I also think pulling CONCORD is a bit naff as a mechanic, which is why I liked the idea of being able to call in CONCORD as someone suggested.

Right, I know with our previous convos that you arenā€™t COMPLETELY crazy :slight_smile:

I donā€™t see ganking as an ISK generating activity. Itā€™s simply wealth relocation. We arenā€™t harvesting anything that hasnā€™t already been harvested. We arenā€™t generating more ISK into the economy through a drop from an NPC or a ratting tick.

Itā€™s just very literally taking from others what has already been accounted for in the economy.

I know bumping indefinitely wasā€¦ as much as this hurts me to say because so much of my niche content relied on itā€¦ it was messed up. I really do miss it though - hyperdunkingā€¦ tricking freighters into dueling me. Those are interesting uses of mechanics that I enjoyed :slight_smile:

I donā€™t have issues with this because anyone can do it and the loot is still not safe until its docked up. While its a stretch that a gankers DST would get ganked doing this trick, the danger still looms with our assets in space just like anyone elseā€¦ Plus how can you point your finger at that when you have the cloak+mwd trick being abused? Is this not a player-invented method that is used to the benefit of others?

I guess my point is until something because so out of hand with no counters, why touch it? Just because it works against you? I donā€™t agree with that in the least.

I agree with this 100%. Forcing gankers into using structures provides opportunities for other facets of gameplay to interact with gankers by wanting or needing to destroy the structures they use.

I donā€™t see CCP re-working how Concord works because Iā€™m sure itā€™s one of those POS code things (remember when they said they were going to phase pos out? lol). The tricky thing about this is that it WOULD require a rework because if you donā€™t intentionally pull concord you unintentionally do it by alternating the locations in which you gank at.

Hope all is well Drac!