Unrewarding Grind

I just spent 2 hours moon mining in High Sec. I made a whole 3.8M isk in two hours of mining without boosts or compression.

I am no longer feeling rewarded for my time in game as a miner/industrialist and dang sure don’t feel like I am getting my $20 USD worth out of this game.

It is beyond time for something in this game to change.

1 Like

What has changed?

1 Like

Then you don’t know how to mine. You can make that much mining Veldspar in high sec as an Alpha…

6 Likes

Yea well, look for a better career in eve.

2 Likes

Were you mining an R4 moon? Those rocks are worth less than veldspar. The only benefit of mining such a moon is that you can get more rocks in a single place for a group of miners to munch on with boosts. Mining a low value moon solo is just a bad idea.

Let’s take a step back now everyone. I want to know what has changed. Because if mining was enjoyable/fun in the past, I want to know what has changed. If the practice was fun before, then it should still be fun. The amount of isk earned is truly immaterial to the “unrewarding grind” issue - as the reward in this case is playing the game and the grind is, I guess, mining itself. But that cannot be correct, because there are a bunch of miners that say they enjoy mining.

6 Likes

The orca amomg other mining changes

I mine just to be mining. I couldn’t care less about the ISK/Hour as I don’t sell what I mine anyway. I just reprocess it and hoard it. I have billions of units of various minerals in storage. Why? Because I can…

3 Likes

What changed is that CCP nerfed it into the ground. Before mining allowed me in High sec to mine all minerals for indy. Before moon mining was a thing I could mine all but three minerals for indy. I could make forward progression in the game from mining.

CCP increased the grind by 100-200%, while increase the irl price of the game and crashing the in game economy.

2 Likes

I speak out again the changes CCP have inflicted on miners/industrialist because no one else will. What CCP has done to this game is a shame.

1 Like

Indeed!

Maybe for a change try something else than mining?

As long as I can remember, you’ve been complaining about mining and aspects related to mining on these forums.

4 Likes

I never once came to the forum before scarcity because of mining. I never came here before moon mining was thing about mining.

We all know there are massive issues inside of EVE/CCP. It is time for things to get better one way or another.

And you show up regularly once a month like clockwork ever since, never taking any advice, wasting people’s time. Which is even worse than wasting only your time mining crap moons.

2 Likes

Who said i am here for advice? I am posting to let CCP developers know what is going on and how some of the players are seeing this game.

'One way or another" I like that. How?

Time to change career maybe? Grinding for isk is abysmally boring. I refuse to grind in any game. I don’t play many and the ones I play have little to no grind.

It is a bit steep. Last month I forwent two Burger King meals. Did my health good and gave me extra to pay for Omega. This month I forgo Omega time to treat my brother. Next month it’s time for Omega again…

3 Likes

The CCP developers are not on the forums here. They are on LinkedIn, looking for a better job.

3 Likes

Typical.

OP Cries because he doesnt make much isk in highsec when hes mining the some of the least most valuable ores.

Maybe go mine/do something that’s a bit more worthwhile? lololz

1 Like

USIA is looking for mission runners

2 Likes

Chasing ISK has become the norm.

2 Likes