As been mentioned several times already @Mike_Azariah will be there as will @Kshal_Aideron running newbie fleets. Vets will be allowed to go in and help teach the newbies
Yep, this has been known for a long while now…im pretty excited about it.
As long as the Mayberry police force isnt chasing me down to check credentials or anything, im going to pump up some recruiting and hopefully snag some new players.
Ill also be making some new alphas as well so i hope those cops have their binoculars polished up.
I wonder. Would demanding a mining permit be “scamming”?
Those +%#^!! mining permits…
You could try…but i dont think it would work very well considering theres no repercussions if they didnt pay. Plus, the newbros are gong to be pretty thin in the pockets…so you may not make very much…even if you waited a few weeks after the zone is released.
Not me. Just wondering if some of the “usual suspects” may want to refrain lest they be reported.
They’ll probably use an Alpha on a VPN…
“Pay mining permit or bump” would work, if you want to take it back to 2012.
Man, if players feel they have to resort to bumping new player ships in Exordium… That’s a new low.
Then hell yeah I’ll be there! I’ll fly my Orca in just to check it out and provide boosts to any who want them.
No, it’s an old low. It’s as old as EVE itself.
This new region should make everyone see fewer newbros in HS and LS. The only miners to shoot at will be those that already exist in the game. This will be a long dry spell for the gankers, scammers. and recruiters of MLMs. The new players starting in Exordum will probably get bored with the lack of action they expect to see and quit the game faster than before.
Yes, they expect to actually see that stuff. Why show people walking about? Rookie chat is always full of the same questions;
- How do I leave my ship and explore this station?
- How do I dogfight using WASD keys?
- Where are the massive space battles?
- How do I fit the best ship for combat? ( followed closely by the next question )
- What do you mean I need to train my skills for a month?
I am not psychic, I do foresee nothing good from tossing all the cookies in a jar to keep them safe. They will either go stale or never be seen again.
Probably, as every non-“newbro” checks out the new region (both for curiosity and exploitation). I have a feeling that this will be short-lived and that Exordium isn’t going to offer much in the way of content.
Hopefully Exordium will provide an easier path for recruitment or engaging with “newbros” to get them more involved with EVE. Fingers crossed.
and old ones apparently
The idea of a starter area in a sandbox is kind of silly.
Ideally there would be space that appeals to different types of people
You mean newbie-bowling is also not permitted in Exordium? That should be universally allowed, no?
Seems there are a Lot of people Really, REALLY interested in seeing how the new player area will become.
Seems like the whole Hi Sec Gank is a Hotly debated Topic.
Personally, I welcome a place that can be Gank free, just as long as its geared towards new players. But what i really wish they would tackle. is the “gray” area. I wish they would make it black and white.
Goons can be many things. You may hate them or Love them. But you have to give it to them. They did (IMHO) do their best in their forums and rules to take away the “gray” area in their Organiztion
lol, the original @QuakeGod idea about Exordium was the correct one.
CCP just pulled this for reasons I don’t understand, but my bet is on @QuakeGod, they want inflation.
The idea of a starter area in a sandbox is kind of silly.
Why? Basically they’re relegating the small sandbox to the toddlers whom it’s for and ensuring that all the teenagers stay on the jungle gym where they’re supposed to.
There are enough other areas of the park where players can already harass to their heart’s content…