There are no “massive space battles” in Uedama. The 600 ships destroyed per hour largely belongs to the ganker(s) who gank freighters with 30+ catalysts.
Each such gank consists of about 30 ships destroyed + 1 (victim). Then the gankers have to dock and undock in rooki ships. Thats 30 more ships destroyed. Sometimes the ganker might lose some of the pods to antigankers - more ships destroyed (capsule is also a ship). Sometimes the ganker sacrifices throwaway alt to loot the cargo and that alt is killed by antigankers. Sometimes someone else tries to steal the loot and is killed by ganker or antigankers. Such player can do 3 ganks per hour. That itself generates about 200 ships destroyed.
Sure you wrote 600 and this doesn’t add up, but it is most likely multiple “pulls” or something else. Or the number you wrote wasn’t really accurate (either you exaggerated or misremember it or the source of that value is using bad metric).
Big battles do happen from time to time, but they are smaller and smaller than before and more laggy than before. It is better if new players never see that, or they realize that this is another fake propaganda and quit.
Ok then I will repeat that: People who don’t like PvP MMOs shouldn’t play EVE. They’re not going to be happy with us, and we don’t want them.
now my killboard is not empty, does that make that statement valid then or you have some other excuse mister “criticize for empty killboard while having empty killboard himself” ?
Oh joy, this attitude is why this game will never grow and will forever remain a niche curiosity. And people wonder why this toxic community has such a horrid reputation.
Not really, the company really did not catch up with the standards expected from a game in 2026.
I can give an example that makes me want to uninstall every single time, the NPC behavior against drones. No clear rules, no UI indication… Just a F you!
I’m impressed they managed to keep so many players active to be honest, EVE is a big F you in terms of UX. Lots of people that get screwed did not know what is happening to start.
Community has a small part, wow servers are toxic af and people still play. The PUG raids have best items reserved and people still join.
I seriously doubt the game pop does not improve because the community, it’s the opposite, the community is keeping it alive.
It doesent matter if your killboard isn’t empty, most people that act like PVP is the main ingredient in EVE are clowns. Case in point @Anna_Dyneaux who acted like people that don’t PVP don’t belong in EVE while her own killboard is literally empty. Thats the level of awareness of the people that form public opinions on this forum it seems
Nobody in WoW is constantly posting/yelling “Git gud noob, go back to Eve!”
Yes Eve is lacking in some pretty major areas. They missed the boat when they refused to iterate on WIS, the epic battles they love promoting are all TiDi piles of crap and the old CCP of 2008-2010 that wasn’t afraid to take risks and actually innovate is long gone. I agree that FC is the game’s worst enemy.
When I tell people I play Eve their reaction is universally “Hah! Spreadsheets in space. I tried it but it was boring” but, as far as toxic communities, being in the top tier with COD and other well known (and much larger) playerbases is hardly anything to crow about.
If a red box turns yellow, that rat has lost interest in you. 99% of the time that means one of your drones needs to be pulled in.
You really don’t like that I don’t log into zkill, huh?
I got smartbombed to death just the other day. I lost an Amarr shuttle and in my grief considered quitting the game over it, but ultimately decided to stay because I like EVE and the fact that PvP happens even when I don’t particularly feel like it. If you want a game where PvP only happens when you turn on your “please PvP me” flag, you can play WoW or any number of MMOs out there. EVE isn’t one of those games, and it shouldn’t try to be. We play EVE because the economy is player-run and what you do matters. The ships I fly were earned through my paying a manufacturer who bought the minerals from a miner and the tech 2 components from another manufacturer in a long-long chain that goes back literally decades. If I duel you and you kill my vagabond, I shouldn’t just get it back for free. Echoes is like that, and the situation is so dire that just a Venture will cost you well into the billions.
If you find this toxic then you should definitely not play EVE Online lol.
This game contains nonconsensual and totally unfair PvP. You will get ganked in “safe” zones, you will get outnumbered amost every time, overwhelmed by the massive power imbalance between attacker and you and you will get hardcountered by various ewars or simple rock-paper-scissors design of EVE ships. If a player dislikes PvP then why would you recommend him this game for gods sake? He will ragequit immediatelly after he gets blown in safe zone.
The reason why this game remain niche “curiosity” as you put it is because it is full loot non-consensual PvP game. And while you might dislike it, we love and play this game for exactly this design. If I wanted a space farming simulator I would play different titles.
That’s a great talking point, but unless you want to be the last player turning the lights out in Jita EVE needs to attract more players (or at least retain more new players).
EVE is not a full loot non-consentual PVP game. To a large extent you can avoid the PVP.
But even if you couldnt avoid PVP in EVE, that would not be the reason its niche.
In fact, saying a game is niche is just a polite way of saying its bad. And thats the truth.
There is a lot of none sense in EVE. A lot of noise and cringe things. And that is what keeping people away. Its not the full loot PVP thing, its just that in general the game is giving away cringe vibes.
For example ARC Raiders is/was popular despite being full loot PVP. But yea
This just means that the founders got a lot of things right. The people that worked on it before release. Youd be surprised how much cringe things can be done before the final player leaves a game that otherwise started off great.
I mean either EVE Online is being poorly maintained and that’s why its struggling to grow or its being maintained optimally but thats not enough to grow. But that makes no sense
EVE has never had a massive player base. It never has and it never will. The highest concurrent player count we’ve ever had was 65k. Since then it has hovered around 25k to 35k.