Thank you for all you do Mike Azariah o7
May others learn from your leadership!
Thank you for all you do Mike Azariah o7
May others learn from your leadership!
and it has to start somewhere.. eventually all of eve will go this way. hopefully i’ll be pushing up roses by then
You could look through the posts of his previous characters to see that we can expect a month of spam before this one is muted as well.
Can we maybe get these threads merged into one. Same topic
In all actuality, there are a TON of threads with the basic same topic dealing around Hi Sec Ganking
No, not most time. Avoiding ganks is easy if you know what to do. Gankers go after the weak only. The strong ships survive. Basically- just make sure you’re in a strong ship (Orcas and Skiffs for example), have a lot of support, and avoid gate camps. Easy peasy.
Avoid Uedama like the plague…
That is really great advice for new players..
For new players, just don’t carry everything in a t1 hauler…they usually don’t fly expensive fits, and so aren’t gank targets generally.
So why the antigank crowd constantly bring up new players being ganked as a subject?
They are using it as a strawman to push their narrative. FC themselves have said that new player ganking rarely happens.
I read one of their posts about making drones and fighters invincible…
I… I need drink. Yall make me drink and drive in my exhumer. I’m gonna crash it into a asteroid belt one day from reading some of these bad faith takes.
![]()
The best advice for new miners is to just fly Procurers and Skiffs while maxing out shoeld skills. Gankers primarily hunt Hulks and Covetors. They like active miners because those ships are the easiest to explode. AFK mining in a Skiff is far safer.
Fixed it for you! ![]()
Is not to mine! ![]()
Mining isn’t that bad. It follows the same rules as everything else in this stupid game: single account gives poor ISK while multiboxing gives amazing ISK.
The best part about it is that i don’t have to skill a caldari ship with missiles for this task or a gallete ship with hybrid for that task or a faction dread with projectiles to do this or another faction ship with smart bombs to do that…
As skill intensive as mining can be, it doesn’t carry all that BS with it.
When I’m not busy lurking at Jita, where I notice you hang out too, I often head down to Dodixie looking for suspects along the way. Uedama is nothing like as active as it used to be…though I notice zLegion there more often now. And Dodixie used to be swarming with gankers but you can arrive there now and there’s nobody outside the station.
Which makes all the ‘we must make space safer for noobs’ stuff really absurd. EVE is already the safest it’s ever been. The days when you’d have 15 gankers all hanging out at Dodixie…which I remember from when I was a noob…are long gone. Uedama is practically empty most times I fly through. Even suspect numbers are way down on what they used to be. I can recall when you could fly to Dodixie and be guaranteed to meet a suspect along the way. These days you can fly all the way from Jita to Amarr and be lucky to see one !
Even the suspect hunting at Jita is not as productive as it used to be. Yet somehow noobs desperately need a ‘safe zone’ despite highsec being safer than ever.
Your suspect hunting declined for other reasons long ago…not because of a noob zone.
The thing is, this “safe zone” will not affect your game one bit. You and everyone else that has complained about it can still keep doing what youve always been doing. Why is a “safe zone” so detrimental that you think your business is going to suffer…when it was already suffering.
Perhaps if you let the new zone do what its intended for, your little suspect business may just pick up…maybe. Youll have to wait that part out.
Frankly…I have a lot of ships where I ask myself ‘what do I even have this ship for ?’ My Machariel is ‘good’, but its really just an expensive liability that is nothing like as nifty or DPS to cost effective as my humble Navy Augoror that’s 1/10th of the cost. Its even worse with the Vargur. Sure one can sit outside Jita and deliver 16K of alpha, but one can just as well be ganked by those 6 Tornadoes that lurk there too…a nice fat juicy 1.3bn Vargur for them. And that alpha is on an 18 second cycle…18 seconds is an eternity in EVE. I increasigly just use a Zealot…2500 alpha with 3 second cycle. Or a Loki…5K alpha with 9 second cycle.
I’ve increasingly come to think cruisers are the only ships worth having. Cheap, nifty, can get great DPS and cycle time, and less of a liability.
My point has always been that most noobs who leave EVE do not do so because they are ganked or lose a ship…they do so because they are bored.
One then has to ask…WHY are they bored ? They are bored because ‘the grind’ is boring. That is NOT alleviated by making space safer, when the fact that 99% do not leave due to space being unsafe is not the actual problem in the first place.
So…and this is maybe too counter-intuitive for CCP, one should actually do the reverse and make space LESS safe. More risk ! Risk is the cure for boredom. Give noobs some 100% 30 day insurance or some good means of recuperation…and let the carnage flow !
Make EVE Exciting Again !
But heck…I’m just a Jeremiah crying out in the wilderness.
Well what you think and what FC learns from quitters are two different things. Hang out in rookie chat some time