Updates To Skill Training - live now on Singularity!

One good thing on the skill sheet. Red not bought skills.

But, So many problems with this system.

  • No Recommended Build Ques for National [Empire Lines] Hey I want my Caldari Assault Frigate…can I search this item in the skill que and see what is required…and then an optimal skill set/plan? Maximum effectiveness. You can set your goals based on the skills you pull up.

  • Skill Plans are too narrow. 5 skills? Really? There needs to be more options. Why I say this is there are some specialized skills I have noted that can speed roll through the line ups. [Above Caldari Assault Frigate being Example]

  • Can we please get organization options? Like oh…I want to see what equipment is available for frigates? I want to see what skills and equipment can be tied to the frigate class.

  • Can we organize skills by type? Projectile Weapons are all organized together. [small-medium-large-XL projectile.] Gunnery Tab → Projectile Weapons-> Projectile Weapon Skills.

  • Can we separate base booster skills like sharpshooter, target analysis etc. for turrets into its own skill category in the tabs. Missile base boosting skills should be organized seperately from missile turret skills.

  • Please start putting the Stats beside the skills please Skill per level is 10%…can we have it at Lv V would be 50% no? Can we not see that information on the skill sheets? And in information on what is boosting the modules or ship stats in game so we can associate the data of the skills etc with hard numbers etc.

  • Please Organize Skills in blocks, also please put icons on the skill sheets pertaining to what skills are avail. The old Skill Que looks better and gives you information on what is being unlocked. This skill unlocks this module or other skill book.

  • Change the background colors, because you might have some problems with color blind players might make reading the skills very difficult. Especially as they fill in.

  • Skill Plans do not factor in some playstyles and ways to work the system of the skills. This becomes an issue because we can’t move skill plans with their limitations to help create the more unique playstyles for players. Want to speed standing? Got to tear through Social and Leadership. Want to speed upgrade Neural Upgrades need to be set up a specific way. Both of which can not be mimicked via the new skillplans.

  • This new skill system doesn’t allow one to operate on the Rule of 3 effectively for total unlock. Magic 14 is okay per se. But yeah, there are some serious problems with this skill system.

Its a great way to try to revamp…but I am not impressed with the NPE either. Why are you guys copying the World of Tanks Daily Mission concept? Some of these “opportunies” really are not beneficial for a new player.

I think the old sheet has flavor of the game. Just give it a new tab on the UI…that makes sense. Add the Red Markers and Blue + options. I want blocks that build up for a skill in training so you know how much training you are doing. We need new organization options.

But I like my old Character sheet because everything is there for testing/information/ bio, why do this change which just would add confusion?

Optimize the old Character Sheet and try to organize it…before you change things into something new that will probably cause problems for new and returning old players.

Or, might I suggest this…Move everything into the Agency. And add a nice organization for materials in the Agency? Simplify the UI, not over complicate it.

Add to the Agency training skills, bio, etc.
It would simplify everything allow you to check things on login. PERFECT. Why was it not done this way?

4 Likes