Updates To Skill Training - live now on Singularity!

Good Points.

Please don´t forget to show the time to train the next level of a skill and it´s SP-amount. Also show the amount of missing/current skills in the skill category. Don´t missout the “can train now” and “all skills” option. Simply check what you have now, and check what the new system needs. Check…every…little…detail…and don´t throw ■■■■ overboard YOU think is unneccessary. This change is a good one and I don´t want you to ■■■■ it up again.

Keep it informative, keep it clean, not bloated or static. Give player the option to hide stuff (skill time for next level and SP amount for next level) via options and give them possibility to adjust it how the players like it. Use a modular design approach. If you need further help or clarification, shoot me an ingame message.

2 Likes

To add to this, if I set up the queue the same way, but drag the skill over from the Skill Groups window, it shows as PGM 1, then if I manually increase it to level 2 or above I end up with a queue of PGM 1, SO 1-5, PGM 2-5.

Also, implement a mouse-over/-hover for the blue training queue bar whichs shows what skill it is (see EVEmon, basically: look was EVEmon has and what you could put into your game, think about implant calculation and attribute management and its impact for skill training times for example). By the way: why is the blue skill training bar now below when it was on top previously? Don´t change stuff that does not need to be changed or has no reason to be changed!

5 Likes

After reading the full patch notes after testing on SISI I see CCP are planning on releasing how it is in September, ignoring feedback as usual.

PLEASE just give us an option to keep the character screen as it is. Just like the old map tick box.
For the love of gods PLEASE. This clunky monstrosity will drive me insane and I have no use for skill plans personally.

11 Likes

Это страшное… и неудобное окно с кучей ненужной инфы! Люди не игравшие в еву просто не поймут как ей пользоваться и куда тыкать чтобы добавить в план!
И во вторых чтобы что-то тестить нужны SP инжекторы которых на тесте нет!
И напоследок… сделайте систему выбора окон отображения для альфы или омеги .

2 Likes

I’d rather simplify and get rid of attributes and remapping. I don’t think it adds anything to the game outside of unnecessary complexity that you have to try to explain to new players about how to further optimize their skill plan.

I’d also be fine getting rid of attribute implants and just having skill injectors and cerebral accelerators that boost all attributes.

Change from fullscreen to floating so you can resize and move window in some degree

Screenshot_13

all feedback about it being poor design and need of compact version still apply

3 Likes

Little Typo:
2021-08-24 18_57_12-EVE - Winzentowitsch Madeveda

In the following part of the window you can’t drag the window when opened:

Not really a bad thing but it’s confusing.

While I can understand why with the design it is easier to hide the info in the unexpanded version and not the character, in regards to usability there isn’t much of a reason to ever have it open with only the character showing.

@CCP_Convict
First up, yay for being able to easily share skill plans \o/

Now for some suggestions.

Ordering skills by rank is "messy"
I’m sure I’ll get used to the new ordering of skills with time, but I’d greatly prefer to have different sorting options -including the ability to sort alphabetically.

Also, sorting by skill rank leads to a “messy” sorting. Most players don’t have the ranks of skill memorized, so it makes finding skills a lot more difficult than sorting by name or type. Moreover, it results in a weird sorting. For example, the spaceship command skill category generally moves from small ships to large ships, but since Destroyers have the same rank as frigs, and starts with a “D” instead of an “F”, it sorts as Destroyer–>Frig–>Cruiser–>and so on.
Another example includes the missile skill category. Specialization skills aren’t next to their base skills, and support skills are sprinkled in seemingly at random.

Personally, I would consider it better to hand place the order of skills according to type or progression. I’m sure people would nitpick any order you come up with, but surely you could do better than the messy results that we get from sorting by rank.

Tweaking page layout would allow more skills to be displayed at a time
I also wish you’d make better use of the space at the top of the skill page. The current design is definitely more friendly to smaller resolutions than the old one, but some small tweaks should allow more skills to be displayed at a time.

Allow individual elements to be resized
You know, what? Maybe I should have just gone with pictures…

No P2W

15 Likes

Please please please. Let us drag and drop fits into the skill plan and have all required skills auto added.

this will save so much time when it comes to making these plans and avoid skills being forgotten about or missed.

there is already the ability to drag and drop the ship and each module but not the entire fit.

7 Likes

Also let me make custom milestones, not ones based off a particular skill or module. Let me select a part of the plan “create custom milestone” then give me the ability to chose an Icon a name and a short description.

I want to be able to make one for each time a player progresses from newbro fit to the T2 without fitting skills and then one for maxing the fit but there is no easy way I can find to properly show that.

If possible let these tie into an API so fitting tools can use them to easily simulate skills based off the plans completion.

Can someone tell me: why do we need those “skill plans” when you can see everything in a ship info?

3 Likes

skill plans have been used by third party tools for years to help new players. The ship info screen only shows you the needed skills to sit in that ship not what skills you need to fly it and its fit to the best ability.

There are also several plans out there that have been made for general training and don’t apply to a single ship or activity.

then you have skill plans for activities that don’t even involve ships.

not to mention what skills to train in what order.

1 Like

When I open my character sheet, there is a button called skills. But this button does not open skills, it opens the skill plan menu. You have to click another button to actually get to the skills, which is called skills catalogue on top of it.

There should be a button called skill plans that opens the skill plans and the button labeled skills should open the skill overview.

grafik

And this is what happens when you downsize the skill window to the lowest possible size. UI bugs. Yay. Plus, there is tons of awful wasted space all around the edges and on top. No none needs 100 px wide window frames.

The actual queue is now tiny compared to before. Of course this hideously clips skill names to become unreadable. So, even if you could introduce a draggable divider to make the queue larger, you would then only make the skill list narrower, which means you see fewer skills because there huve amounts of empty space are “necessary”.

Will I like this feature? Absolutely not in this state. It is yet another instance of CCP not knowing how to do good UI anymore while the old UI was better in that regard because all parts could be individually sized and would not impact the other areas of the UI negatively. The old UI would also not force a minimum window size on you – which on top of it is still not big enough for flawless UI display.

9 Likes

Heya,

Some thoughts on behalf of The Ditanian Fleet (highsec incursions):

• The 150 skill limit is too low. Some of our existing skill plans are 300+ levels already, so we need more space! Do keep in mind that just training into a Vindicator already takes 26 skills, and that’s to sit in the hull.
  • ESI access to write these will make it easy for us to maintain the lists and distribute them to our players. Alternatively, the ability to import a skill list from the clipboard could suffice.

TDF will adopt skill plans if the issues above are resolved. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

-Xifon

1 Like

yeah i really hate the skill queue being smashed to the side rather than under the skills and scalable like it used to be. the entire UI for skills and skill plans feels very cluttered and claustrophobic

2 Likes

So I believe I once read we can purchase or hire mission agents and make them available in our structures, when is that going to be a thing :)?

Guess i´m too old, because i see no problem with checking what skills do i need and then train them

3 Likes

That should definitely be a thing, especially since the portion keeps calculating your wealth every time you open char sheet and the existing char sheet has the collapse option because of this added calculation effort in the first place. Not to mention that this portrait lags the client every time you open the sheet.

1 Like