Uprising announcement

Loving the new Station interior but really can we get the old Gallente Pleasure Hub back?

7 Likes

In the new Uprising trailer it sounded like at the beginning of the trailer the person going down the elevator to the shipyard/dock had the end of a bosun/botswain’s “all hands on deck” call with the whistle right before she walks forward and looks at the ships.

Probably not super important but there was something about it that just made me look up the whistle calls and it sounds just like the very end of an all hands on deck call.

Merged another Thread in here.

2 Likes

So I had been doing some snooping while inside there. And what I had started to uncover does seem rather questionable to say the least.

It is rather interesting that you of all Pilots wants to know as what I am about to show could change focus on who is the fan and who isn’t.

:question: :exploding_head:

1 Like

That’s cute am always up for some conspiracy theory, had fun watching the old x-files series for that among other reasons.

However maybe you don’t realize but Pollard is one of the default Gallente surnames (and one of the default surnames in general) in EVE. If you click the generate random name option you get one of them randomly chosen and can repeat until you find one that you like or input your own.

Most of my characters (even my main) have a custom first name and a default surname, thus you will find plenty of people with the same surname who chosen the same default surname as I did. :slight_smile:

Note: Exceptions however exist such as my CEO alt (this character) and some others.

As for the goggles they look cool and fit the character and its playstyle (Jita thief and occasional pew pew). Funfact: The goggles came from a wreck of a ship that was ganked near Jita 4-4 so it’s clear fate put it there just for me to grab. :wink:

After some pew pew even my dueler alt “earned” one:

There’s a reason at least one alliance even had the goggles on their mascot:
https://evewho.com/alliance/99005843

I could crack a joke about this being EVE you might never know but that could be viewed as a potential attempt at impersonation thus I simply have to provide the facts that the two characters are (obviously :stuck_out_tongue: ) do not belong to the same person. :wink: :snowflake:

1 Like

MOAR PLEASURE!

Then also add holographic Quafe girls and exotic dancers (male).

1 Like

looks interesting. +1 to lowsec love. <3

TiDi was the fix. Before TiDi it was just crashing and desyncing half the players, so there wasn’t even a battle. TiDi simply simply slows down the simulation so the server can keep up and the game keeps working.

The only thing that can “fix” TiDi is better hardware or if more players keep quitting the game and battles get smaller.

Turn big battles into a card or chess game where each player ship becomes a card or chess piece and the two FCs can play it out in a live stream fashion. :upside_down_face:

major expansion? its a joke ,right.
in other MMOs its a small patch …but hey for the highest sub price you cant expect more :rofl:

2 Likes

TBH if they just started all new players with a Paladin and 8b isk that would solve all the problems except the hypertoxic griefing.

4 Likes

TLDR : Make people bored by more instant gratification so they join and leave the game even faster.

Not going to work.

It’s best to leave the game’s core nature as a niche, unique, and paid Mad Max environment.

Improve it, and market it well, than trying to make it like all other soft game titles out there, and made for a low attentionspan demographic that won’t stick around anyway.

5 Likes

Hisec is fine

I agree income could use some adjustment.

Insurance works fine

No the game shouldnt be f2p. If you want it to be f2p, then start seeing 30 sec ads in the middle of mining or fights

Skill time is fine considering you train even with the client closed

1 Like

Or unskipable ads in the middle of undocking from Jita 4-4 with a couple bils worth of cargo. :smirk: :blush: :innocent: :psyccp:

3 Likes

Irony would be ads for scam citizen

3 Likes

Looks interesting. Sounds like a few changes, new stuff and the devs are busy making EVE better than it’s ever been. I can’t wait for the new FW, that will permit me to get into it as it’s releases with all the changes and new things.
I very much like the UI. It’s simple, intuitive and still leaves enough screen real estate on the screen to admire the work of the artists.
I’m glad I’ve started playing while EVE is morphing into something more than it was before.
Looks like CCP is tackling several big issues that involve the community as well. Lots to do, I wish you luck.

1 Like

The Meta Show was very good today, they talked about the new expansion.

uhm… k …

Explain : How, you inform ANY returning player about ALL THE NEW STUFF…

Forget the Noobie, they don’t hang around that long, but look at your returning player base and then figure out how long it takes to explain to them all the new modules etc…

Returning players (While Rare these days) do turn up now and then and it feels like there is little support for them given that MOST will have been kicked from corp for inactivity…

1 Like

Pick a new thing

Type “eve newthing” into google

Read words.

Amazing.

3 Likes