Version 19.09 - General Feedback

They’re not going to support web gaming… oh wait…

They’re not going to support Mac natively… oh wait…

The only next place to go is Linux. There is no other customer base to bring on board. They have run out of options on platforms to feed of.

The player chart is not going up. They have to burn those PLEX’s don’t they somehow.

2 Likes

Added the ability to center current probe formation on your own ship.

Great! Now add the ability to center it on a signature!

1 Like

Thats already there, double click the signature, drag probe cluster to dot.

You just want a button called “push to win, receive banana”.

What’s next? Participation awards? We got those on daily login.

1 Like

Please add an option to “lock rotation” on the probe map window.

Also an option to “reset orientation” of probe map window to the original orientation/position.

1 Like

Dont you guys have Apple phones?(failed sarcasm)

1 Like

great 0 changes to the things that is hurting the game like dps-ess ships prices .the mauraders online-nightmares scarcity in full effect…keep sleaping there in the dev team…

1 Like

And sadly the list grows in just 1 update…
PC users with older hardware are also forced to not play
Mac users with older OS versions also forced to not play

Feels like CCP is ganking their own customers :confounded:

I have no problem with old technology that is officially end of life being purged out.

The Mac native client gives hope for Linux native as Mac does not use DirectX and hopefully that also will bring Linux into the mix.

It is possible to play on old hardware, just not ancient vintage hardware more than 10 years old, which you don’t want to run because of CPU instruction set problems and lack of optimisations (such as AES-NI and other sets).

I think you misunderstand - I was not talking about DirectX there.

I was just saying lots more people cannot log in anymore - same as you said.

Nobody in their sane mind runs a CPU pre-2009 without AES-NI optimisations and other instruction sets (that boosts performance on those operations by 5x to 10x which is a huge bottleneck on LUKS and similar, that means any crypto operations and especially block operations on file systems becomes massively boosted post-2009 era chipsets). Instruction sets matter, greatly, especially if you want a secure system and one that performs well on such operations. Anything pre-2009 without these operations is most likely running unencrypted and also performing slow on crypto operations, nevermind any SIMD operations.

“AES-NI instructions can be used in any application that uses AES for encryption. AES is very widely used in several applications such as network encryption, disk and file encryption applications. File-level and disk encryption applications use AES to protect data stored on a disk. Networking applications use encryption to protect data in flight with protocols encompassing SSL, TLS, IPsec, HTTPS, FTP, SSH, etc.”

Without this stuff, you’re going to have a crappy time on secure connectons and encrypted filesystems. I know, I benchmarked them.

2009? I don’t think CCP used that as their baseline, and people with a lot newer PC’s have the same problem.

Purging support for a other stuff is exactly why you have the Linux problem you mentioned. Am I wrong?

My view is simple: Only cut support for older/other systems when it becomes necessary. That point will be reached and will happen eventually.

But it is bad idea to do it beforehand just because it sounds great or because it is nice lazy programming.

Their time could have been spent fixing ingame bugs, adding new game features, more menu tools, etc etc whatever makes playing the game more fun.

Linux wasn’t purged, it never was there to begin with, it was a side effect of Wine on Mac. And now Mac is native, that helps Linux opportunity.

Linux is growing, old hardware and end of life platforms and SDK’s is declining.

Your argument is misplaced.

Can you be more specific as to which hardware does not work or is purged?

I did say “purging support for other stuff”
I did not say “purging Linux”

You type too fast. Please take a breath and take the time to read. :slight_smile: Let me rephrase it for you: By purging support for other stuff (other stuff, not Linux) it inadvertently also affected Linux users and now some of them cannot play Eve. Which is why I am recomending not to purge anything too quickly.

I feel like I am replying to two different people. First you say Eve won’t run on Linux for some people after the update. Now you say it is good for Linux.

I will stop here before we go off track and off topic. Our opinions differ for sure.

The purge is coming, W11 will clear out a lot as they depend on features for security functionality.

W7 and W8.1 those users had the opportunity to upgrade to W10 free did they not?

Why didn’t they? W10 is recommended by CCP on the specs, I hope W7 gets depreciated as mininum.

They also stated old Mac OS releases caused too high a cost in fixing workarounds.

As for hardware specifics, what problems would that cause except mininum OpenGL and DX on the GPU and instruction sets on the CPU.

I think any processor over 10 years is pretty much to be culled, not an arbritary time, just based on experience from the instruction sets of those processors (see my AES-NI example, but there is other reasons). GPU’s well even 5+ year old ones have reasonable OpenGL and DX versions.

You can game fine on a 5+ year old laptop, it is when you have a 10+ year old one you run into problems on performance due to lack of capabilities on the processor, not to mention the GPU will be problematic.

The only other issue with old hardware is drivers on Windows not being updated. This is not generally an issue on Linux as much as there’s something out there that works with it.

Laptop gamers have it the hardest, big open box gamers have it much easier.

If you’re on W7 or W8.1, I would hope you have reserved your W10 license free when it was offered, you can still upgrade, those that did not take the free W10 license activation, you may still be able to activate it (there were some reports the activation servers were still working even past the offer date).

Why don’t people upgrade to W10? W7/W8.1 is going the way of XP. You wouldn’t expect XP to be supported would you.

I had a W7 for a long time, but it became a problem and higher cost in effort to keep around, so it went, it went like XP went. Options were W10 and Linux, both of which were free offerings from W7 upgrading. W10 may even perform better than W7 for some.

This reminds me of customers screaming at blizzard for not supporting ps360s consoles for Diablo 3.

1 Like

Windows 10 upgrade was FREE for Windows installations.

Where is the excuse for not upgrading?

I doubt they didn’t know about it as Microsoft spammed everybody constantly about it.

That right there is enough to set the mininum to W10 nevermind the others being in decline and unsupported now.

The feedback topic is locked…

And wasn’t the Interference Index supposed to have a small icon in the HUD near the system name? I don’t see that icon on TQ that was there on Sisi.

That tooltip is visible when hovering the beacon in your inventory (according to the screenshot attached to the patch notes):

Makes sense, as the only people who care about the interference index are people with CRABs. This way the tooltip doesn’t clutter the screen of everyone else.

I don’t know about you but I would like to know if a system has the interference index up, particularly for hunting purposes and to know which systems I can safely ignore on my search to launch one of them to crab. Ideally without having to carry one of them around like a canary in the coalmine. For all I care, they can turn it into one of these collapsible HUD elements that you can hide into the tiny icon above the system information. But after this horrendous window focus update a few weeks ago, it should not require you to use the map that extensively to figure out information which should be easily visible at a glance without extra menus.

However, what’s good is that there is a map filter for both maps(!) for the SIS. That is very much appreciated.

I agree that it’s nice to know if a system has interference for hunting, but hopefully that can be done without tooltip.

And you’re right, the map does indeed filter for interference. Seems hunters and people who want to check systems can use the ingame map to check systems to CRAB in or hunt CRABbers in. No need for an extra tooltip then! :smiley: