Version 19.09 - General Feedback

Holy cow the event site spam in null sec is ridiculous…

Afaik the Blood Raider skulk about in The Bleak Lands , not Derilik
Did someone fail eve lore 101 ?

1 Like

Probably not… they probably just don’t care.

User Interface:

"The icon for Solar System Interference has now been moved to a mouse-over tooltip of the Solar System name in the location info panel."

…could someone please unravel that?

Where is this, or was, this “icon for Solar System Interference” ?

It is the thing. It has now been moved to a new place in another thing. You hover a thing over it to see the new thing.

The Solar System Interface is the little icon that looks like a sun, usually in the top-left corner of the screen. When you click it, it shows a list of planets, moons, asteroid belts, stations etc in the system.

Hehe, sorry I have no idea what they mean. Because I don’t see any changes. Still looks and works the same as far as I can see.

Trick or Treat from CCP? Very naughty.

The only thing I think they might mean is that they added a tooltip.

If you hover the mouse over the ‘sun’ icon you see a tooltip that says “List of items in solar system” (Maybe there was no tooltip before… I never noticed)

Typo to say interference and not interface? I saw interference, thinking storm info is now in info window.

Good point.

The other possibility I can think of is that the interference for the new Rogue Drone anchorable-thingy is not in a separate icon anymore. Maybe they moved it to the tooltip of the system name/location?

Just came back to game after a break.

Having pretty bad experience with new UI/UX for character’s skills tree.
New design is less informative, and the way how it’s a giant display instead of resizable window that we had before feels out of place and not very comfortable. EvE was always great for modularity of it’s movable and resizable interface windows, and now you take that away with such huge fullscreen panels. Also it just looks bad on my 1080p monitor with huge buttons and even bigger unused space (it leaves impression of 300% scale instead of 125% that i use for the the whole ui system).

Overall, skills menu ui feels like a step back in usability because of reasons above.

6 Likes

Hi,

Since october’s updates, i ve got crashes (black screen and game still running) in windowed mode.
That’s recent, and specialy in complex scenes in Eve Online (no problem with other games).
When I pass from full screen to windowed mode, GPU take arround 50 watt and keep heating (power stay huge). In some Eve places my GPU up to 250/260 watt. That’s not normal and recent. That’s probably link to last technical changes on Eve window management…

I playing on 2k screens windowed mode with an EVGA 980 Ti (Interval one set). Power supply 620 watt gold certified.
Windows 10 LTSC
No problem with power stress test like OCCT…that’s seem to really be a bug from Eve…

Regards

2 Likes

Added a button to the NeoCom near the redeeming queue to make accessing the New Eden Store easier.

Another button that’s already in the EVE Menu and that you cannot hide from the neocom, reducing available space in the Neocom for really important things even more, and that ignores settings like Disable Button Blink? Really? Who even needs a button for the NES there and not IN the redeeming queue window itself?

Where is this button, however? There is no new button. #CCPQualityCoding

4 Likes

CCP= Confused Computer People

4 Likes

Sadly I see the button.
Now I can finally access the store whenever I want.

6 Likes

I found it on one of my characters as well.

Now we can have this:

And in addition the button cannot be removed, as expected. Gorgeous!

Serious question: Who at CCP thinks that this kind of feature is a good addition to the game? Keeping in mind that the standard Neocom already shows the shortcut to the NES. Why is CCP wasting time and effort in a literally useless button that no one needs, no one wants instead of actually fixing the myriad of UI bugs from the last patch alone?

#CCPQualityFeature

16 Likes

Sorry this store button is stupid. That’s the fifth button on Neocom that I don’t use more than once per session (if that) and can’t remove.

Seems like I only login to the forums to complain about dumb UI decisions these days. /shrugs

13 Likes

@CCP_Dopamine @Brisc_Rubal @Mike_Azariah

Hey, please give us the option to remove the NES button from the Neocom. I understand you guys wanting to put it there by default, but at least give us the option to remove it. Space is at a premium for me, and I promise you that it’s placement there isn’t going to lead to me making any purchases that I otherwise wouldn’t.

Thank you.

19 Likes

I can understand why you want a permanent store button on the neocom so you can roll around in hundos and moneyfan yourselves, that’s cool… but it would be greatly appreciated if you could release some of the other four buttons (redeem/events/skills/loginrewards) that currently can’t be removed.

9 Likes

@CCP - The new button, with no option to hide it, is a bad design decision.

It causes problems on a low resolution - within CCP’s own minimum specs :frowning: I wish someone at CCP would actually test these things and think ahead.

For me there is now no space for adding anything on the Neocom. I would have to hide other MORE USEFUL buttons to make space.

And guess how complicated it gets when I open various menus with hidden icons, and they try to temporarily show their icons in the neocom… which has less space now… and all their icons gets stacked on top of each other.

Please CCP we need an option to hide the NES button.

I don’t think anyone ever accesses it that frequently. It is NOT a shortcut that people need onscreen.

11 Likes

You might want to try https://github.com/Phrynohyas/eve-o-preview/releases/download/5.1.0/EVE-O.Preview.zip been using it for years seems to work well o/

+1 Unhappy with the another Neocom button that cannot be removed. Now we have FOUR buttons that are probably used, at most, once per session / day, taking up space that is more useful for other shortcuts.

14 Likes

I wonder - was the extended downtime for the purpose of adding the new button? Would be really weird if it was true.

1 Like