Version 19.09 - Known Issues

If an ESS Bank has already been activated in the wrong system, the panel will remain visible. However, it should not be collecting any more bounty payouts.

If the ESS Banks are still collecting ISK into their vaults then that is not intended.

CORRECTION: The ESS Banks that activated until our hotfix at 15:15 UTC will continue operating until the next downtime. But no new ESS should appear in unexpected locations.

5 Likes

Can you tell me in what system this is currently happening?

2 Likes

I’ve not changed my fitting. Not sure what the change was as I’ve had the same fit for like 2+ years. My Kronos always targeted 10 while not in bastion and 12 while in bastion. Now it doesn’t.

1 Like

So do you mean the wormholes are now nullsecs ? :slightly_smiling_face:

Regarding the time it takes multi-tasking when in fullscreen mode:
I can confirm that it takes longer to multi-task between fullscreen applications when the native resolution in-game is different from the resolution set in Windows. Unfortunately this is an issue with how Windows handles multi-tasking with different fullscreen resolutions.

Regarding fps drops or refresh rate being lowered to 60 when multi-tasking in fullscreen mode:
The defect has been logged, as we seem to be changing the refresh rate back to 60 when a user multi-tasks back into the game client. This is mostly noticeable on high refresh rate monitors, such as 120 or 144hz.

To workaround the issue, you can disable v-sync. To do this navigate to: ‘Display & Graphics’ settings tab > ‘Display’ category > ‘Present Interval’ > select ‘Interval Immediate’ from the dropdown. This will prevent the frame rate from being capped to the refresh rate. We will be looking to address this defect in a future patch.

3 Likes

right after you left, the ESS main and reserve banks both updated (to 187k and 399k respectively), when I got my timed bounty payout
so, yep, both are operational

1 Like

A slight correction: The ESS Banks that activated until our hotfix at 15:15 UTC will continue operating until the next downtime. But no new ESS should appear in unexpected locations.

4 Likes

You guys actually used the TTS Brian voice in Jita, lol. Is that recent? I just noticed it.

Anyway, tabbing in and out of EVE now takes several seconds, whereas before it was nearly instant.

We deployed a hotfix that should have resolved this issue as well. Please restart all clients at your earliest convenience, and do let us know if you are still unable to load then Escalations in the Agency.

Thank you!

3 Likes

thanks for all the hard work you guys and gals are doing today.

2 Likes

Escalation window is working now.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@CCP_Leonidas, I am a little confused. Perhaps it’s my age?

So, if yesterday I was running Windows at 3840 x 2160 and dual-boxing the game client at 3840 x 2160 (fullscreen) but experienced no such ‘black screen of waiting for near-death’ (and have never had such a delay whilst Alt-Tabbing - Eve, or otherwise), but today I’m experiencing the inability to actually Alt-Tab to my desired window of choice whilst sitting for a possible lifetime at a blank and black screen - why is it a Windows issue?

In such case, and I don’t mean to sound obtuse, why is it only Eve that exhibits this problem? And why only after today’s update? Somthing just doesn’t seem quite right here. As I say, no other game or application (and I’ve tried quite a few today) exhibit this behaviour - and this behaviour was never previously seen by me with the Eve client.

It is certainly atypical and remarkably coincidental.

Yours,

Puzzled (probably due to senility),

S.

Edit: Emphasis. Probably just confuses the issue though.

8 Likes

I reported a problem with the screen frequency and therefore with a long alt + tab switch 3 weeks ago on a test server. and as I see the problem was closed, ignored and not fixed.

now I wrote a bug report again, with a more detailed description of the problem, but I do not know if it will be fixed and when. Reading the topic above, it seems to me that they do not understand what they are talking about at all.

for those who want to play now, the following helped me: go into the game, select a window of a fixed size, close the game, re-enter all characters, and press alt + enter on each character, after that the game client will not reset the monitor refresh rate each time it minimizes game.

1 Like

It’s happening to me as well. Only started happening after this update, so it’s definitely a CCP thing and not a Windows thing.

2 Likes

@Jon_Tekitsu I agree - entirely, whole-heartedly and without reservation.

As Tigrok intimated, perhaps they misunderstand the points made.

I still cannot login so I cannot play EVE

I have time critical things

I cannot login in I have many omega accounts

What is happening please can you update me asap?

1 Like

Jesus the new UI scaling is making everything blurry AGAIN. Do you even launch the game before doing those releases?! The time were people played in fullscreen mode at all time is gone, especially in Eve with multiple accounts. Now I destroy my eyes trying to read text in window mode maximized…

Please fix as the game is simply not playable. If I want to see double I got to the bar, I don’t play Eve Online.

Before: image

After: image

3 Likes

The skills window appears behind my character sheet. Is that supposed to happen? Because it’s annoying.

Anyone else having a grapics issue in window mode where the neocom bar is blacked out?

Just got a red 60sec weapons timer for shooting npcs
In training anom, No one else around.