Version 19.09 - Known Issues

Also the close / minimize buttons are missing on all the windows.

So, you’re disappointed that using an unsupported OS you’re not able to play the game?

It working previously was a bonus and continued functionality on an unsupported platform isn’t guaranteed, it would be like me being upset that i can no longer run EVE on my smart fridge

They do nothing as they aren’t added to the game, you won’t actually find any until the metaplasmids are added, their stats will be blank as they don’t have a base drones stats to use as a reference point

@CCP_Leonidas, My windows resolution and game client resolution are matched and still 4-5 seconds between ALT+Tab. I’ve also changed the interval setting to immediate and still have the same lag in tabbing. And as mentioned in other threads above, my graphics card then starts really cooking with it trying to run at immediate instead of the normal interval 1 (60fps). I’m not cooking my card so I’ve set it back to interval 1.

I do see that this is looking to be addressed in a future patch, but any time frame you can provide as to when? I also am a little confused as to what his getting the fix in a future patch? Is the frame rate issue (I’m not really being impacted by that) or also the tabbing lag issue?

I hope the fix coming is for both issues as I don’t see how a game update can then be blamed on how windows multi-tasks between applications. It wasn’t an issue yesterday.

4 Likes

I have Win10 AND EVE at 1920x1080. This has worked fine over the years. But since the Patch today switching from EVE (Fullscreen) to Win10 and Back takes a few seconds.

19:58 on 10/13/2021

EDIT: I see this is a known issue and it is said the ESS banks will go away next downtime. What about the ISK in the banks? What happens to the ISK lost from each bounty today? Convenient, but certainly not for the players.

20:11 on 10/13/2021.

Text distortions are unsettling.

3 Likes

Yeah I thought my vision was blurry until I read the forums and talked to my discord friends.

Unsettling indeed.

Time for an Eve vacation for a day or two. or three.

Dray Cil

1 Like

See: yellow line.

Character Sheet window still resizes too small, creating clipping on the right side. Unacknowledged issue left over from last update 19.08. Several other formatting issues still present in Skill window, although none so unprofessional and quantifiable as this window clipping…

Eve Anywhere now doesn’t recognize mouse clicks - cannot claim the login rewards or proceed past the initial screen

EVE no longer launches with Auto HDR enabled in Windows 11. This was working fine until the latest patch. If you disable this option the game will start, however variable refresh rates are now broken and currently the game is capped at 30 FPS… any alt-tabbing will crash the game despite Windows desktop and the game being at the same resolution and refresh-rate…

Also, the UI scaling is unusable… Everything is so blurry! It’s a shame we always end up with constantly revised UI that is now showing several design concepts all mashed into one, like Windows, yet we never get any practical revisions.

Setting the Present Interval to Immediate didn’t work in fullscreen mode. Still drops from 60p to 24p and adds brightness. EBR submitted earlier today.

1 Like

Screenshot by Lightshot bruh

yea it’ll be gone tomorrow

Game client doen’t show any pictures after the start. i see that game started, but window is stucked and nothnig happened. Any one more with this issue?
Win 7 client.

Atm the launcher will not even boot up fully, it starts the splash screen and then opens the main launcher screen and then crashes on one of my computers.

Verified Cache, restarted launcher with loglight and…

Build on “tq” : “1951378” - public - wine
“tq” : Build is unchanged
CustomWebPage(0x102025e0) “updateProgress(tq, 1, Ready)”
CustomWebPage(0x102025e0) “setPlayable(tq, true)”
onEndUpdate for tq changes: false
refrrefreshServers doneeshServers “tq”
Verify skipped with process(es) running
“Scheduling refresh after 5 minutes”
info: Setting playable value as true for tq || [] 1 https://launcher.eveonline.com/6-0-x/6.5.13/static/js/main.414cb25f.chunk.js
info: tq is available now again 1 https://launcher.eveonline.com/6-0-x/6.5.13/static/js/main.414cb25f.chunk.js
info: Client queue is safely resuming the client queue for tq 1 https://launcher.eveonline.com/6-0-x/6.5.13/static/js/main.414cb25f.chunk.js
info: Queue has no users remaining, stopping processing 1 https://launcher.eveonline.com/6-0-x/6.5.13/static/js/main.414cb25f.chunk.js
_cleanup_timed_out_trace_objects started with 0 active traces

And yes thankyou, after 17 years of playing Eve (on linux for 10) I’m well aware of the lack of support.

1 Like

You know most smart devices run on a linux kernel. So currently you wouldn’t be able to play on your smart fridge as Linux/Steam compatability has been broken to allow compatability for a previously unsupported OS (Mac).

3 Likes

it seems full screen is borked . i normally run 1920 1080 on a gysnc monitor
interval one . i normally am able to window out and come back with no issues . there is a big delay aT the moment in doing so and when i do come back into game my fps has droped by 12 or so from 60 to 48 . only way to fix it is to change the res or something that resets the screen then it comes back to norm of 60 . i tested in dx 9 there was no issues windowing out of game and coming back as fps stayed at refresh rate

all fixed for me thank you 10/15

My frame rate tanks every time I alt tab out and back.

If I set myself to “interval one” then back to “interval immediate” it fixes itself, until I alt-tab out again, then the frame rate drops again, and I need to change the setting again (and back again).

The black screen (and audio interruption; yes - eve has audio!) is also very annoying but the framerate drop is the worst part.

Any permanent fix coming?

Garth

2 Likes