Version 20.06 - General Feedback

No, it absolutely is too dark. Most systems look like they’re on an entirely black background. Bhizheba, originally a sunny orange system, is 100% black, even worse than Amarr is.

When looking at a ship’s “dark” side, it’s entirely black. Can’t see the textures or the nice skin colors at all.

Even if this is technically “realistic,” it’s still not enjoyable to look at such a dark color scheme in a game.

Amarr looks the same as before, it’s not dark at all. You are clearly affected by some kind of bug.

Can you show a screenshot?

Maybe it’s your post processing setting? That’s resulted in people seeing dramatically different levels of brightness before. I mean, it would still need to be fixed, but it could be a temporary workaround.

i love how carefully assembled and tested each patch is. :+1: :+1: :+1:

QAFTW

I tried various settings and nothing changed.

This isn’t a lighting issue. The backgrounds are just too dark. They no longer have the light-colored nebulae they did before.

1 Like

Some nvidia cards don’t give you the option of choosing.

o7,
when I open character window and try to move it just for a slightest inch, whole game freezes. Didn`t have the temper to wait over two minutes,had to be closed either when “not responding” or through CTRL+ALT+DEL.
Thanks in advance if you can repair this.

Another: had a massive lag on Alliance Application going through / showing up.

Can’t really retest that easily though.

So, the air career program, when I click on the play video button, this is what I get:

A video for ants. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Do you have proton ui enabled in feature preview?

Have you tried going to another part of space? Maybe its just amarr space that is ■■■■■■ Gallente is bright for me:

Nvm just read the other comment’s so strange. Tried turning everything to lowest and it only got a little darker.

The only thing I can think of is that CCP changed the way they are lit using newer technology so the only things that might effect that is graphics card drivers and direct X.

Kor-Azor Prime, which should have the same color scheme as the screenshot above, doesn’t look like that anymore. It’s also very dark. The nebulae are very faint and discolored:

I guess it’s a user-specific issue. Still, I’m not sure what to try to fix this.

Check your launcher settings, I’ll test with direct x 11 to see if it has darker hdri, nope same xD so weird. Sorry no idea.

1 Like

Looks like a negative of an image or something. Maybe try updating graphics card drivers. Or try different drivers.

Looks like the background is set to a different exposure compared to everything else. Could just be something specific to her graphic’s card. That CCP need to still patch out.

OMG the red dot is back -_- how did that sneak in again.

I don’t have DX12 on my EVE box anyway, so it’s DX11 by default.

Yea I tested dx11 as well and the background was bright so its something else. Wouldn’t worry about it, CCP will prob patch it in a few days.

1 Like

New career agent environments are cool, but I think the “glare” overlay that is placed over the entire camera lens is just unnecessary and distracting.

1 Like

I feel like
omg im laughing so hard gifs | WiffleGif