Version 20.09 - General Feedback

nice bait

I’m getting a bug where, if I have fittings window open and then change ship, I get some message to the effect of ’ Heavy Neutron Blaster II is already in use ’ or some such thing depending on what I had in the fitting. Had this several times now.

You can set your minimum to what ever you want even 500 km

New interface is much worse than previous. Less information shown and it looks like child-made. Not serious, not convinient, return back old one

4 Likes

For now. :eyes:

1 Like

Please help me understand why this UI change upgraded 0.4 losec to 0.5 hisec:

grafik

Furthermore please explain why it requires, even in compact mode, about 15 to 20% more screen estate than before. Even the overview window in compact mode features spaces between tabs that cram the content needlessly into even scarcer space - same with the chat window and maybe others as well.
All the buttons got bigger and scaling is now more of an issue - please remember that you are not designing UI for a touch interface! :warning:

Also, why did you not pick up on previous feedback provided to you weeks in advance, such as here and here?

Other, non critical feedback would consider the rather unpolished appearance, such as here
grafik
and here
grafik
and here
grafik

The amount of blur also screams a bit “mobile game” which is not realy my cup of tea but it’s not mission critical.

Also the right click menu opens way too far to the right relative to cursor position.

6 Likes

For now. :eyes:

:sweat_smile:

I finally decided to just disable the new UI. It is appalling.

1. Some aspects are too bright, and some too feint.
  2. The increased size of the icon for bad standing, corp members, etc in Local makes the lines in the list further apart…with a small gap in between…which means the same sized window displays less people.
  3. I can barely see the in-station icons for insurance, fittings, etc. And what’s with making stuff all white and glary ?
  4. There was nothing wrong with the existing UI.
6 Likes

the new UI gives me a epilepsy shock so so bad

1 Like

The best thing about Photon UI is that you can turn it off.

9 Likes

live, unpaid, non-consensual beta testing.

nice.

edit: also, has anyone else been experiencing extreme stuttering while undocking from jita? it only started during the last month or two.

2 Likes

Thanks CCP I now have to doublelog 20 accounts and fix the neocom on 60 toons.

Stop shoving this photon UI abomination down our throats.

For actual input see the post of Vortigern Vitalis

2 Likes

This red number now appears on the Chat Channels icon…and only disappears if I click the AIR Career Program icon, even though there are no AIR rewards listed anyway.

That’s because it is. It’s designed for people who play games on tablets.

But they are. What’s the matter, don’t like your new mobile interface UI?

Look man, they already signed an employment contract with a recently-graduated mobile UX designer who’s worked on such esteemed and original projects like “Flappy Microtransaction” and “Happy Harmonious Social Credit Crypto Non-Mining Big Promise Fun-Time Italian Plumber Turtle Run” and they’re gonna get their money’s worth.

7 Likes

Just you wait till it comes out of beta… probably it will be the only option left after that. :stuck_out_tongue:

I may be stupid - please help me nonetheless:

HOW CAN I OPT OUT OFF THIS UI****???

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

11 Likes

That is what I am assuming. I will (have to) use it when it is fully developed. But I don’t like to voluntarily play a beta in a 20 year old game; after all, there are enough other bugs besides the UI :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find that there is a lot of dead space in the UI windows. It’s already a task to layout your windows. But now there is just dead (waste of screen) space with no information. Just a thick border.
You could fit more information here. But this dead zone is there regardless of compact mode/list etc etc

Capture

7 Likes

Loving the new UI, and the buttery-smooth high refresh rate is a delight.

2 Likes