Version 20.09 - General Feedback

The old interface was already a mess, but rather than fixing that you decide to force this garbage on us? What the hell are you thinking?

It is arrogant stupidity like this that makes me genuinely concerned for the future of the game.

4 Likes

Stop designing mobile games.

I turned this off immediately. Maybe the UI designer can spend some time thinking WHY the elements are they way that they are (and not just different) before changing them?

Like why we have info dense drone windows. Why the undock button is yellow. Stuff like that.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, CCP is going to review the overwhelmingly negative feedback and go with it anyway. Asking for our feedback was merely a formalityā€¦

4 Likes

Regrettably had to disable the Photon UI - I am unable to fit the same information in my screen that I could before (even in compact mode), and the extra space needed by the Neocom icons and drone window are detrimental to how I prefer to play. Some of the r-click menu changes look nice enough, but the other drawbacks will cost me ships in spaceā€¦

~Vin

1 Like

9f634774368e09cbcb17dc2554831c63

This white text on the bluish background for the spedometer does not look good. I donā€™t know what colour would look better, but these current ones clash and it looks bad.

fbc82c25f97632e60cad44cfee0fb9d0

I have my transparency turned all the way down but I still get seethrough windows and stuff, which kinda hurts my eyes to look at and makes things annoying.

888e8a988301dea8ea2e807a3cf1c26a

Not sure why the edge of my active ship gets cut off?

62babd53919283f86d2752ef1f18e755

This doesnā€™t need to be a dropdown. There is plenty of room to expand for region selection, etc like before.

It would be nice if there was some better visual feedback when clicking the buttons like ā€œDockā€ and stuff. There is no sort of ā€œdepressā€ or colour change or cursor change to indicate you clicked the button, makes it feel very unresponsive. I think the cursor placement is a bug from my gif recording, you can very clearly see the ā€œdockā€ icon popping up.

bfed573e70f7d5f8680a56ae0c92d47a

When selecting multiple items, highlight the space behind and in between the icons as well. Some people have hundreds of items and the current methods essentially leaves it pretty hard to determine what is selected or not. Go back to the old selected method where the entire space turned blue.

When you accept/decline a mission the loading circle is way off and looks bad

6 Likes

Its horrible, I hate it

Allow permeant opting out , tia

2 Likes

Orange and yellow contrast well with blue in general. Iā€™m surprised their design guys donā€™t know this as itā€™s a very basic design concept that was even taught in my first-year entry-level presentation business course in college.

They probably wonā€™t, and itā€™s going to cost them quite a bit. An unusable UI would likely make me stop playing (and paying for) the game, and Iā€™m a pretty big fan of EVE in general.

9 Likes

Caldari have finish to build their stargate ( 25m construction point reached ) but something is telling me ccp will just let the gallente side get the stargate in any case

It seems not. In fact the event has now escalated so Gallente have two different tasks to do which do not progress each other.

Yup. A number of us have been raising the ā€˜wasted/dead spaceā€™ issue to CCP re: Photon since the beginningā€¦ they donā€™t care.

4 Likes

I like the new UI.

1 Like

Any news on when to expect a fix on the wallet defaulting to overview?

2 Likes

So Iā€™m happy to see thereā€™s an opt-out option for Photon UI. The other UI was infinitely better. Pleaseā€¦donā€™t take itā€¦away from me.

4 Likes

Why does the new UI have so much empty space between lines? I have to practically double the size of my old drone window to see the health bars of all my drones at the same time. Do the people who designed the new UI actually play the game?

1 Like

All my neocom icons have vanished apart from my character portrait and skill training thing at the top.
Is this normal ?
Suddendley I have vast amounts of padding ( or is it margins ? ) on all windows forcing them out of alignment and causing overlaps.
I am running 1080 not 4k I donā€™t want all this wasted space on my display . wtf is going on ?

Can we please Keep the lightning on the paladin.

About Photon UI

Photon UI has its advantages and disadvantages. The naming convention is confusing. Iā€™ll suggest using an option menu like Mobile UI and Desktop UI. At least it will be fair. Always keep both options for gamers. The main issue of Photon UI is its unoptimized use of available free space, like paddings (similar to CSS concepts). Itā€™ll be nice to add an option menu to change its paddings. Also, even on Full HD resolution screens, Photon UI is covering almost all view space. Maybe it looks great on 2K screens. Modern screens have much more horizontal space than vertical, therefore it makes sense to expand all controls and buttons horizontally and make vertical UI components as compact as possible to free space for tables and lists.

About V-Sync

I intuitively disabled this option to increase the in game fps. And suddenly noticed that my video cardā€™s GPU load rocketed up to 98% sustain value. I downgraded all graphics options to the ā€œpotatoā€ mode with no changes - 98% load and 250 fps (even while idling in station). Itā€™s not good. For a game with a 1 sec server tick the comfort zone between 60 and 120 fps is more than enough. There must be a fps limit handler indifferently by the state of the V-Sync checkbox.

2 Likes

You need to switch VSync On to limit the FPS to the refreshrate of your monitor and thus lower the GPU load. I donā€™t know what VSync has to do with how much FPS the GPU renders, seems counterintuitive to me that it renders more FPS when the FPS are not limited.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind the new UI. It takes forever to adjust everything just right for my liking but itā€™s ok, I do have forever anyway.

In the game launcher (and in game) you can redeem skill points from login rewards.

Is it really a must to force a click on OK when it actually isnā€™t giving you any option to select CANCEL. Canā€™t it just be at most a flashy popup that vanishes after 10 seconds but the character selection can be made?

1 Like