Version 21.02 - General Feedback

I hate the new UI, it is horrible and way too big, I never used this horrible feature and always had it off, I highly doubt 96% of people had this new UI and even if they did, I’m glad to be part of the 4% that didn’t use this garbage. It’s so disgusting. I want to opt out.

20 Likes

problem - guyz who changed d-scan menu, dont play this game, dont understant how inportant speed and accuracy in this game.
it is hell today for scouts to find a right pixel to change d-scan angle
(ONE PIXEL DIFFERENCE!!!)

example:

dear devs. please fix it. dont kill scouts in this game. please

#ergonomics

13 Likes

Forcing everyone to switch to the new interface is a very bad idea.

Thanks for taking away the right to choose. Keep it up.

p.s I’m thinking about just stopping playing and stop paying for my 5 accounts.

15 Likes

Tab size and settings should be applicable to all overviews in batches.

1 Like

I agree when it comes to drone window, I prefer when we could scroll all the content as one stream, without it splitting for two streams (one for drones out, one for drones in). I have a functioning scroll wheel in my mouse.

Maybe add an option there to switch between those two modes?

:face_with_peeking_eye:

What do you think @CCP_Bee ?

3 Likes

They haven’t considered our feelings nor the most common feedback over the course of this atrocious UI development…why should I/we then consider their feelings?

@CCP_Swift please bring back the opt-out!!!

7 Likes

also prefered them stacked so degree and distance could be changed with minimal mouse movement.

2 Likes

changing chat size - killed game performance
240fps to 10fps by changing chat size
example:

are you sure it is a good optimization?

9 Likes

this is evil!

2 Likes

Just for those who don’t recognize how things are done here since countless years…

The same CCP development pattern as usual:

• opt-in test phase (barely listening to feedback while ignoring most of it)
  • opt-out phase (barely listening to feedback while ignoring most of it and making things even worse somehow)
  • the new is the norm and no opt-out anymore (the future is now)

Or in other words:

12 Likes

comparison example.
changing overview font and icons makes your eyes pain
this is core part of the game. navigation, information
also it is called ergonomics
why devs spoiling it. dont undertand

#ergonomics

17 Likes

Who do i have to pod to get my UI back ?

7 Likes

Please let me switch to old UI, i literally can’t play with that on 15.6 inch laptop

4 Likes

the first problem i have with the new UI is my main one we are loosing so much visual information , old method text box and spreadsheet was very space efficient very easy to view we now loose 15-30% of viewable information and have something with loads of issues and uses more pc resources as well .
but one of the big ones is it wasn’t communicated to payers properly you were enforcing it today and before some one says its in the blogs il point out unless a player has major issue few go further than patch notes and known issues
So the issue will become will CCP manage to fix the new UI before i get too fed up with it possible but i have little hope
will they reinstate old UI very unlikely because any one using it where lots of info needs to be seen clearly had an advantage over those using the new one .

11 Likes

Some Positives:

1. Looks good on the eyes, for the most part.
  2. Seems to be less GPU /CPU intensive than previous UI, as my laptop’s fan used to kick in almost immediately after logging in and stay on during entire session, but now it is more intermittent.
  3. The consolidation of the Warp To sub menus.

Some Negatives:

1. Sort orders are still reversed from industry standard in some windows, though some windows have been fixed. When triangle indicator is pointed up, it should be sorted smallest to largest, and vice versa.
  2. Lowsec and Nullsec colors have changed to lighter shadings/hues, making 0.4 systems seem like Hisec systems on routing lists.
  3. I seem to be losing connection on the client much more often now than previously. Not sure if it’s connected to Photon UI or not, but I am mentioning it here.

These are my immediate impressions after messing with it again for a couple of hours. There are other minor nuisances that just have to do with a different design philosophy that I will get used to over time (things not in the same location as before, different keybindings, etc), these are the biggest negatives that I immediately noticed and feel need to be addressed ASAP.

1 Like

NEW UI Takes far to much of my screen and I have 49 inch wide screen monitor , I tried playing on my laptop and its literally unplayable to a market toon

4 Likes

i have exacly same problem. this faded new colors is just bad.

1 Like

Hey CCP.

I really dislike the direction you’ve gone with this. Rather than saying “Hey, we’ve done some changes to Photon, please have a look and let us know how they are” you’ve pressed the “MAKE IT PERMANENT AND SCREW THE PLAYERS” button.

In your blog you’ve stated that 94% of players are using Photon. That might be accurate. It is also a goddamn lie. But what you are lying about in your dev blog, in stating that the 94% of players are using Photon, how many of them actually properly knew they could turn it off? And what was the uptake PRIOR to making it the default UI?

Also, did you consider that some players, like myself, have issues with visual acuity? I’m not on about colour blindness, but other things like astigmatism. Its already tiring enough being on a computer for long hours in the day, but is it fair to add in effects that make it worse? Glow effects look fancy and shiny, but they also add eye strain. Give us the option to turn the glow stuff off.

Or better yet, give us back the option to use the OldUI.

17 Likes

There is an imminently giftable new pack in the secure store: the Heart Shaped Pack.

Can someone explain how to gift it? Are parts of it going to bind to the account purchasing the pack?

We need to add gifting support to this store.

1 Like

Give me the ability to opt out of photon ui please. Its currently still worse than the old UI in terms of usability, design, and visual fatigue!

9 Likes