Version 21.02 - General Feedback

gg

3 Likes

CCP 1 who never played their own product “Hmm, newbie retention rate is terribly awful in our game. How to solve it”
CCP 2 who never played their own product “Our games UI is too outdated. Let’s make it more simple … especially making its buttons more bigger like an applecomputer so that newbies will find buttons they need more easily !”

Newbies “nope that’s not why you have terrible retention rate”
bitervets “CCP is doing CCP again lol I’ll stick to old UI forever”

CCP 1 “Why people don’t like photon UI. How can we increase photon UI users or we are fired”
CCP 2 “Let’s make it mandatory so that everyone loves photon”

25 Likes

Also ship inventory and cargo container no longer show volume taken / total volume in numbers (without hovering over the tiny bar). This in compact mode, dont know nor care if it does in normal, since thats not usable anyway.

10 Likes

You should definitely post that in the Photon Beta Feedback topic. Good find. That’s exactly the kind of feature quality that @Brisc_Rubal loves so much about Photon.

1 Like

I refuse to use this photon UI
if i cant disable it when my sub ends, i wont be returning

12 Likes

holy S! pls remove that UI outta EVE. My eyes rot

9 Likes

Two additional requests for the Photon UI team:

1. Please allow us to set up a default column order for all tabs at once, with an option to change per tab.

2. Please remove the clutter on the overview. We all (should) know that celestial objects do not move and have no speed. The “-” in the velocity related columns, please make it go away…

6 Likes

Why have we suddenly been reduced to only EIGHT UI colour themes?

What happened to the rest of them?

11 Likes

Is the option to return to the previous UI going to be enabled?

17 Likes

have all my shortcuts in space (saved locations) just vanished, from the UI???

Did i miss something?

if you use the L hotkey for bookmarks in your current system, you need to rebind it as it was changed

5 Likes

The new colors are much too faded for trading. It’s important that your own order pop, which is not the case anymore. Please consider going back to the brighter blue. Thanks!

7 Likes

thank youthank youthank youthank youthank you

2 Likes

Is there any way to make the UI look less turgid, dull and difficult to read?

… speaking as a web-designer …

18 Likes

Well even if i knew that this is coming i still don’t like this Photon UI and don’t need it, meh… :sob:

Ok i must admit that some work has been done from the last time i’ve tried it. So now it’s not 50% wasted space there, maybe only 10-30, dependent on a selected window. Don’t know, maybe i would get used to it.

Currently i don’t have much time to test, but the first thing that i’ve noticed as a trader: terrible coloring scheme for market orders, and some quick workaround that i’ve found:

1: shades of green

1. Select custom colorblind mode and turn off cyan

And the good old distinct difference returns:

CCP - can it be changed back without colorblind mode and turning off some of the colors in the entire game? I’m not colorblind, but when you click trough too many orders it quickly became the same blurry-green as the grey road for a tired truckdriver. Why did you even changed that?
Or maybe i’m missing something and it could be easily done? Not used to it yet, I’ll try it again tomorrow.

P.S. Oh and there’s this light background for chat window always turning on whenever i stack a new chat window to it :rage:

23 Likes

Renamed the ‘Restrained Interdiction Nullifier’, and its blueprint to ‘Enduring Interdiction Nullifier’, to match other meta modules which give a benefit to capacitor cost.

Nice! This had been bugging me for ages.

4 Likes

Screenshot_20230214_145519

when i resize window:

Screenshot_20230214_145651

Please fix it

Ship fitting window. Additional clicking to simulate previously saved fit

5 Likes

Old Photon active window:
grafik
New Photon active window:
grafik

I don’t know about you but one of the two is not “easy to use, reducing cognitive overload and easier to learn”. Besides, that both are absolute utter crap when it comes to actually telling you what is active and when it comes to client-distinguishability when you alt tab or otherwise use multiple clients. The old UI’s color themes did a much better job in this department.

4 Likes

Yeah so now we have 8 terribly considered colour scheme options !
Trying to find any with good balanced choice of text and window colour was impossible, they’re all Bland… bland… extra bland!

I miss the old days where we had way more choice in UI colour options.
They call this progress tho I had more choice on my Commodore 64 !!

Also the old scroll bar involved some accurate mousing to drag and scroll at times tho the new bar and scroll area seem ridiculously slim where you need precision platforming skills to just check out your inventory :poop:
Old
OldSmScroll

Vs New
NewSmScroll

Do any of the UI design team have any knowledge of the basics and golden rules of UI design ??

15 Likes

PHOTON
IS
STILL
NOT
READY
FOR
THE
LOSS
OF
OPT
OUT
FUNCTIONALITY.

The feedback threads about it have many LITERALLY FUNCTIONALITY-BREAKING ISSUES discussed at length in them which you are yet to address. One of the core promises of the photon UI design was to reduce the inconsistency of design between game windows. In spite of repeated feedback clearly breaking down the fact that it’s WORSE at this than the old UI instead of better, the issues have yet to be addressed. You have noted a problem with the UI and actively made that problem more severe in an attempt to fix it, and now you’re forcing it onto users in spite of those users having made it very clear that it isn’t ready for this yet.

BRING
BACK
THE
OPT
OUT
UNTIL
IT’S
ACTUALLY
READY
THIS
TIME.

25 Likes