Version 21.02 - General Feedback

1. Could you put the numbers back on the inventory volume bars in COMPACT MODE, please ? Don’t have time to mouse over every single time and we do need the numbers. A mere visual indicator giving an impression is not useful. At all. We fly spreadsheets :grin:

How many drones (and of which size) can be added to this drone hold ? We used to know at a glance…

EDIT: thanks to @Omnis_Decline this is fixed by un-compacting the inventory windows (station, cargo, mining hold, etc etc) through the former “hamburger menu” which is now three skinny dots.

1. Could you increase the slider size on the dscan window, please (posted that weeks ago in Photon UI feedback thread). The sliders are as good as non-functional with a mouse.
    Increase their height by … 100% maybe ?

2. (again) A compact mode for the skill window.

3. Still 75% of wasted space in the skin list, and on the ship view

Photon UI looked and felt okay until today. Not so now. Even the font on the overview now feels very awkward.

p.s. if anyone has a use case for non-compressed mode windows, do tell.

4 Likes

is ther any way to turn the brightnes/contrast to other levels, the text is right now giving me a physical headache.
it’s the same effect as having your room lit, by a single naked light-bulb in the centre of the ceiling

3 Likes

Give me the ability to opt out of photon ui please. Its currently still worse than the old UI in terms of usability, design, and visual fatigue!

3 Likes

If you un-compact just the inventory windows, it does this for you. Removing the useful information is the only thing compact mode does for that window, it SHOULD remove about 70% of the gaps between icons/rows in the inventory screens instead of removing valuable information, but all it does is hide useful details from you so it’s not worth compacting it.

That was one of the (several) major problems which I had with photon previously that still isn’t fixed.

Another is that the “compact” window margins are only actually compact along the bottom edge, and not along any of the other 3 edges of the windows. Which, again, is an ongoing bit of feedback they’ve had since before they shifted it to opt-out, let alone pushing it live.

5 Likes

Can we at least have some color schemes that have a proper black background?
its the year 2023 and i have 8 schemes and none of it is really dark.
Now i have grey windows all over… just the map and the probe window are darker.

just for a quick comparison.

The old window has depth, sharpness, clarity all over and every space is filled.
The lines and different shades of black lead your eye quick to the info you need.

Now its not. Its like a downgrade.
Seems like you are just deleting things from the old UI.

7 Likes

I have appreciated the initiative to give Eve a new facelift . I’ve appreciated the new FW rework , although it still needs some tuning.

My question to you CCP devs is the following:

Do you want me blind in the future ? Because I should book in advance an appoitment to the ophthalmologist, with what you are currently doing to the UI and game graphics.

Why not leave us the option to keep the old UI ? You are doing now exactly what you did many years ago when you removed the old neocom colored icons. Icons that were way more easier to click on - because colored and better defined suggestive logos - With the current ones, I always misclick on them . Give me back the old 2009 UI and neocom icons, I’d even pay you extra to my subscription just to have those , because what you are doing now with the game you’re simply killing it. You make it unrecognizable, non-practical to play, painful on the players eyes .

Why take us the option to have large station icons on the station tab ? I can no longer see that option , that unless your new UI turned me blind already …

Why not tune down the damn nebula brightness ? It has been already some months since we have this. Do you even play the game ? Do you know that when you are in space you can not tell if your modules are activated or overheated ?! Tuning the brightness does not help with this, so you know…

Why do we still have lag and sharp FPS drops near stations/gates ? Not to mention the Jita 4-4 undock…

Sincerely , I appreciate everything that you are trying to do to improve the game , but please I’d rather prefer it to be properly done, even if that will take longer !

7 Likes

Un-compacting ANY window of the UI in its current state is the VERY LAST thing I will do, lol. Ur right, compact mode barely addresses the issue of wasted space. Indeed, un-compacting inventory windows (in case you opted for compact all windows in the esc menu), brings back the numbers. The thing is, however, there’s no visible difference between compact and non-compact mode for inventory windows, except those numbers, as far as I checked.

Photon UI is not a show piece of a good interface for an active (combat) pilot. And having to mouse over means waiting for the numbers you need, while it usually obscures other areas of the screen you really need at the same time (but that’s an ancient problem with any old Eve UI). It’s all minor points, but they add up.

2 Likes

Another one i really dont understand.
Whats the point of this big “dont look here HERE IS NOTHING TO SEE” text?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-02-14 um 17.44.54

1 Like

PhotonUI does have a very bad impact on the game visual aesthetics. I think the current team absolutely does not have a clue what to do with a game. You are taking the soul of this briliant one of a kind game out and making a sh*t out of it. I play since 2003… … no no no i will not give my stuff to anyone :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Give me back my old UI, also give us back the nice colour neocom icons while you are at it :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and WTF is up with PURPLE Null??? null is RED!!

EDIT: again:
Icons in the drop down menu for orbit and approach and such… jeez if you are too stupid to read the menu items you are too stupid to play the game… come on CCP we didn’t ask for this non improovement of the UI. just give us back the old one.

7 Likes

I’m not sure if the current Dev team knows what are we talking about . Maybe they know , maybe they don’t… In any case , it’s better to be safe !
I don’t even know what to belive anymore…

Here it is crystal clear to differentiate icons and tabs .

3 Likes

There has been a disconnect with the responsible designers of what we (the gamers who try to cram as much info on our screens as we need to survive) consider “a waste of valuable screen space”. The complaints started on day 1 of the new UI dev efforts, and they still are not addressed.

Compact mode thus far was kind of a recreation of the usability of the former UI (reason why I adopted the new one, and even started to appreciate it). As of today, it also reduces the data visible, but not the completely useless borders and spaces in between lines. Go figure. :red_circle:

5 Likes

now ships in overview appear with a small delay
hope in next patch u’ll fix disappearance of possibility to switch off this outstanding trash

1 Like

Over on the CSM Summit Review thread, @Dyver_Phycad and I were attacked for daring to suggest that the CSM should have held CCP to account over Photon. Dyver was told by Brisc Rubal that if he thought space was wasted, he should just buy a bigger monitor. Seriously.

I was told that I was just some “random dude” and therefore my views did not count.

Anyone who did not like Photon was, in Rubal’s eyes, “whiny”.

Because Dyver and I continued to argue, Brisc’s liitle elves then piled on and screamed “STFU” (still an unacceptable term even if an acronym…) and that we were ruining the CSM’s little thread. Our views did not count. We were standing in the way of progress. And Photon “looks better so must be better.” Seriously.

By extension, none of you lot have a view that counts. You are not CCP, you are not CSM. You are whiny random dudes.

Let us see how long before we get a single CCP or CSM comment on this thread. I won’t hold my breath…

3 Likes

E-mail me when you’re gonna add ‘switch to the old ui’ button or, at least, fix this mess til it’s playable again.

Colors are shite (sometimes literaly), u have to turn on colorblind mode, everything glow like it’s ■■■■■■■ christmas, scroll seems to be lost somwhere, no DScan, empty spaces being filled with text that actually makes me feel dumb by stating that it’s empty, and on top of that, would you look at that, game client crashed. That’s on top of all the other ‘poor space managment’ ■■■■ i don’t whanna be dealing with.

Fix the damn game, not how it looks

7 Likes

Feedback - FIX THE DOCKING ANIMATION CRAP…
We should not be forced to see docking animation for minutes that stays on the screen while we dock, switch pods and ships - undock and warp away sometimes up to 30AU to an anom or orefield before the animation ends
At most it should be up for ten - 15 seconds
While we are talking of docking and switching - why in gods name have we again got lag on being able to switch pods and ships, and a longer delay in undocking than before? Is this a deliberate break of the system?

2 Likes

You forgot to mention the other comment from the celebrated, award-winning CSM that only two or three people were whining about the UI/UX issues.

I assume all the Photon-related complaints today are generated by you, @Dyver_Phycad and your combined army of alts. /s

2 Likes

So… BRAVO CCP!!!

Give urself a huge pat on the back cause now ur adoption rating on Photon UI is 100%!!! BRAVO!!!
Fcorse it is as u force crappy unfinished feature on everyone without adressing the elephant! Perfect ignorance…

Tell us why we have to suffer still OBERBLOATED (yeah trimming of one pixel is not optimizing…) flashy “oh-look-at-me” skin with main drawback of reduced visibility/usability and waste of screen realestate? Heve u ever herad of efficiency??? Feel free to go to “ye most will not like changes”… yea… if thy bad ones we dont!

DISSAPOINTMENT IN ONE WORD!!! At least u could leave option to use old one… no, we aint even worth that!

8 Likes

[quote=“Vortigern Vitalis, post:78, topic:395380, full:true, username:Vortigern_Vitalis”]

Photon is the biggest pile of crud to happen to the game - just behind the docking animation, and the lag on actually working with docking and undocking

9 Likes

they had 1 friggin job and they did a piss poor job at it, if you don’t get burnt touching hot surfaces how the fuk are they gonna learn anything

3 Likes