Version 21.02 - General Feedback

I am pleased with how the rollout has gone so far. The photon team has made a ton of changes over the last year since Photon went beta. I’ve been using it from the beginning and have had no real major issues. I know some folks don’t like it, and I know there are still bugs and things that need to be fixed, and I hope folks will keep pointing out those issues so the team can get to fixing them.

We had a good meeting with the Photon team last week at the CSM summit and they were clear that they will not stop work on the UI just because the rollout happened today.

I know this is a tough change - anything UI related is tough. I hope that folks will continue to provide good, actionable feedback, and not just general complaining, like some random dudes have been doing lately.

Finally, now is a great time to get a new monitor if you, like me, are getting older and need everything bigger on the screen to see it. It’s amazing how much better the game looks when you can see it again. Just tell your wife CCP changed the UI so you need it.

3 Likes

What I see as the biggest problem of the PhotonUI is changing the core character of a game (the similar way as those stupid loot boxes). They dont understand the game Iam sure, because if they would understand how extraordinary value does it have, they would try to keep and evolve its value.

EDIT: This game does have a lot of informations on the screen, if you dont like it, play another game :), this one is not for you! Listen to the players - why everybody discuss the amount of blank spaces?

2 Likes

Textbook cognitive dissonance, with a healthy dose of doubling down.

The game looked better until 1059 this morning, even with my small monitor.

7 Likes

Thats how they fight with communism! No red marks!

So now my eyes rot. THANKS for that shittiests photon UI!

2 Likes

Photon UI is bunk. Give us the old UI back. Why the hell do you need to change the UI when you really should be fixing the rest of the issues with the game. streamline? yeah like that video where someone ■■■■ on the toilet seat and the automatic cleaner rotates it and smears it all around the seat. That’s photon UI.

4 Likes

Overview has broken, orginally looked like this-

i went into 3 dots > open overview > tabs and changed to another option and it turned to this and I cannot get all my overview tabs back even if i dock/undock

EDIT had to reimport my overview in order to restore it

• The 20pixel border around every windows i hate it, even when window margin is set to ‘compact’, make a no marging at all option pretty please

• Do we really need a “Report ISK Spammer” on every char right clic ? Is that a joke im to far away from Jita to understand ? //
    Or even a “set to home station” on right clic ?? Every time i right clic a station… i mean how often do we use that option to be set on a righ clic menu ?? Wich is already available on our Char menu…

• All the color theme are now just a black theme with only the button changing color.

• The new notepad has really huge waste of space :

It goes like :

Notepad

---------------Note_name

Both could be on the same line saving a lot of space on the top of the notepad window.
Also the 2 buttons, new folder on new note are really huge, and could be easily replace with juste 2 smalls icon ( one folder and one note with a + or something )

Beside all that for someone who wait the last moment to change all i can say its way better than the 1st iteration i try month earlier.

They are pretty nice stuff too, like the fact you can now totally block the Local talk to just have the players list etc ( still testing ) but still some nice improvement to make too.

Edit 1 :
Changing tab order in overview : make an option to change ALL tab at once please ?

3 Likes

I would like to ask you to rethink the appropriate distribution of buttons in fit , fit management, fitting (simulation) windows.
Now it looks like this:

Fit management window
Buttons visible:

• Fit
  • Save

Options hide in “…” hamburger:

• Buy all
  • Simulate Fitting
  • Copy to clipboard
  • Delete

Options when right click on fit name in list of fits:

• Fit to active ship
  • multifit
  • delete fitting
  • copy

Fit window
Buttons visible:

• fit
  • save
  • Buy all

Options hide in “…” hamburger:

• Simulate fitting

Fitting window (simulation)

• Fit ship…
  • Save As…

Options hide in hamburger:

(import and export options)

In the case of fit management window - if I see any fitting in fit managment window, it means that I already have this fit saved and because in this window I can’t edit the “save” button is redundant, and certainly should not be taken out as visible . In its place, in my opinion, the most sensible would be to put a “simulate” button.

In addition, unfortunately, only two buttons are visible, and to see the third one constantly (without clicking on the hamburger) you have to stretch the window very much. So it would be better to add a third permanently visible button (apart from “simulate” and “fit”) - “buy” button and of course make it smaller.

So here - visible buttons - it should be more like this, and preferably in this order:

• simulate
  • buy
  • fit

Then there is still “…” (hamburger) and options after right-clicking.

Several options in different places of the fit management window are repeated in several places, such as “delete” and “delete fitting”.
By the way - where the function after clicking is exactly the same - as in the example above, different forms should not be used, it seems most appropriate to adopt the shortest, simplest form of spelling, i.e. simply “delete”. Similarly (also due to the space that is occupied by longer text) not “fit to active ship” but “fit” (the functionality is the same, fitting is possible only to an active ship). Maybe “buy all” is also unnecessary and “buy” is enough, in the same way not “simulate fitting” but “simulate”.

What is left would be good to divide according to some logical key, for example:

you can hide options related to copying, import and export to the hamburger, and probably also delete.

And so on and so on like this. So in the same way as fitting management above, I would suggest analyzing the fit and fitting (simulation) windows and then correct them.

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

My 5K needs detail!

Whats the point of a big screen if it is filled with flat grey boxes?

To be honest EVE now looks like this forum.

11 Likes

LOL, Im traveling a lot and using 17" laptop to play EVE and all was fine until this patch. Now interface absolutely unplayable, so ok, minus 27 subscribed accounts.

6 Likes

THIS

If you are going down the Dictator route and forcing everyone to use this CR.P, at least give us the option to have a black background

This grey rubbish is so washed out and difficult to see.

Just because some bright spark developers (and they REALLY are not as bright as they think they are) come up with the worst idea in a long time, it DOES NOT mean that you have to follow along with these terrible ideas and force everyone to use them.

Burying your heads in the sand and pretending that everyone likes it does not make it true.

5 Likes

I speak as a miner playing at least 8 windows, now I can only run 6 accounts otherwise my computer turns off, thanks for the update

2 Likes

The colours are a nice touch to the overview (when it isnt wiping your tabs) any chance of a colour picker so you are not limited to the few colours available

My computer cant handle the new UI. Its laggy and bloated AF. Give me Classic Mode pls

4 Likes

Your egoism never ceases to amaze !

4 Likes

He got upset when I said he was no more special than me or anyone else…

2 Likes

The dev who chose these colors is clear on drugs influence… I can’t hardly notice what are my orders, and on our case (trading comunity) that have hundreds of live orders updated everyday is a total pain in the a$$

3 Likes

Do you actually listen to the player base you represent? or do you have your own agenda here? yes lets all go out and buy laptops that have huge screens are you actually living on the same planet as us? or are you representing ccp instead of your own constitutes?

2 Likes

:wink: :smirk: :dealwithitparrot:

3 Likes