Version 21.02 - Known Issues

Greetings,

Please use this thread for reporting and tracking of any issues found in the 21.02 version of EVE Online, first released February 14th 2023.

Quick Info:

Other Information Threads:

2 Likes

Colored overview is not visible after editing.

3 Likes

Updated the layout of the Fitting Management window.

To have more button overlapping and truncation? That’s a great update!

7 Likes

I submitted a proposal to reject the new UI half a month ago, and no developer responded to me! no one! I am very sad. I have been playing EVE since 2016. I know that EVE needs to be changed and improved, but I must give the old pilots a choice!

UPDATE 03/08/2023
First of all, I was surprised that in the first minute of this post, I grabbed the top position to let CCP notice me and hope to bring back the old UI. But within a few hours of my release, the voice was not strong and I felt depressed.

After 22 days, I checked this post by chance. I carefully looked at every feedback modification and request to recall the old UI. Unfortunately, only a few of them were noticed by the CCP. As the top speaker of this post, I considered it and asked again: either fix it or bring back the old UI!

And… I’m really angry still, CCP cancelled the old UI without informing anyone

5 Likes

The reason for that is that CCP removed the ability to put long text in the tabs, which in effect kills the html code customization of the tabs. You have to remove the HTML tags and only have the actual tab text in there. In addition to removing customizability (you cannot have bold text or different font sizes anymore), adjusting the tabs and colors is also extremely laggy and freezes the client. So much for “better customizabilty of the UI with Photon”. Good job, CCP. Good job. :facepalm:

On top of that: I lost an overview tab in one of my secondary overviews, and the tab text color in the secondary overview tabs is gone. Yay.

This is harder to read
grafik
than this
grafik

17 Likes

Brr, What a gross waste of screen estate this phoconUI. It’s a world-wide pandemic of politically pushing this UX (fashion!) type of BS to users of all modes and races. Player since 2005 + resistance is futile., cause we are the consumers and consume just about any trash thrown towards (TTT™).

That off the soul, a known issue:

• The project discovery buttons have shrunk. They are minuscule and should be at least the vertical size of the “Undock” button. Thanks.
8 Likes

Drone window is broken. What even are collapsed lists?

5 Likes

Seconding this. Bring it back.

2 Likes

The same text colors are now used for transactions in the different tabs of the Wallet window.

You choose the worse, harder to read and distinguish color theme instead of the easy, bright, popping theme to fix this inconsistency issue. Great job, CCP, great job.

6 Likes
  1. The ship skin preview and menu items on the left of the window are overlapping the actual window border. See left, right and bottom. This has been an issue for the past 2-3 weeks already

1. Having multiple overview windows causes massive UI lags when updating filters.

2. There also seems to be no apparent way to remove an overview window once it has been created. If I remember correctly, there was a right click menu, when clicking a tab in a window that let me do this. This menu is gone. edit: looks like this was an issue after the update. Had to reset my overview to fix this

3. After the patch was applied, 3 of 6 overview windows have been removed. The leftover windows have their tabs reset back to default.

4 Likes

Known issue:

• The location window can be opened with the “L” key.
    It does not close with the “L” key instantly after opening.
    One has to click the desktop space view first, before “L” works again for closing the location window.

A laudable improvement acknowledged:

• Two "Warp to …) context menu entries (1 Warp to 0m; 2 Warp to …(distance submenu)) have been joined into one “Warp to 0m” + > expandble submenu for other istances context menu entries. See, CCP, you can do it right, if you listen to your humane brain instead of your political brain.
3 Likes

The colors and contrast seem to be washed out in the market window now. And I did have the Photon UI already enabled before so not sure what changed.

3 Likes

This is bad CCP. 99% of overview packs developed by players use html tags for readability. You must know this, since you reviewed said packs for creating the new default overview settings.

Now, the tags STILL WORK. As long as you load the settings directly from a .yaml file. And never touch that field in-game.

I put that on lack of communication between whoever worked on overview, and photon ui team.

Edit: it’s actually worse. Changing anything within that “Tabs” setting window, breaks the overview. Regardess on whether the tab name field was even touched.

6 Likes

I will quote some of my previous posts, with IMHO questionabe design choices, that remain in effect in photon:

^ this one is especially egregious imho.

[for this one, i have new contacts window bound to alt-q; new locations window bound to alt+e; and “local locations” bound to L.]

3 Likes

I’d prefer the old way of getting to the “show all brackets” functionality. Instead of a multi-layered menu. Why? Because it’s somethimes critical to do it quickly. And you were able to check on the state of whether it’s on by simply clickling once.

3 Likes

Can’t change column sorting. I used Photon before today and had it in a different order, today it’s reset to the normal order and there’s no option to change it anymore.

Solved.

They can still be re-ordered.
The column sizing/order/columns actually selected has all been indeed reset and that;'s a valid complaint.

2 Likes

OOOH, I couldn’t find it. Can’t remember if I changed it there before and forgot, or if they changed how to… change it.

Anyway, thanks!

The annoying part is, we need to apply these to each and every column separately.

Edit: and the column sizing is not saved within the .yaml itself. so there’s no way to hack around that tedium (it’s in the ui settings files; the char_data_id whatever files, you set it once, then you can clone it to other chars. But the file itself is a binary).

2 Likes

So, CCP:

So, the selected columns shown in the overview tab, their respective sizing, and ordering - all has been reset to default.
You now select what columns are visible on a per-tab basis. That’s great.

But there’s absolutely no way to apply the same setting to all the tabs at once.

So if you have, say, 8 tabs, you need to mess with that 8 times.

Also, the .yaml file that hold the overview settings, does not hold the sizing of each column [that is somewhat sensible, coz reasons]; but that means there’s no way to easily transfer the overview layout to your other characters.

Coz â– â– â– â–  you, do that â– â– â– â–  8 times, times however many characters you have. [yes, you can do the char_data in the appdata ui cloning]

I will now have to spend like an extra hour to set this crap, and probly each and every tab will be just-not-pixel-perfect. So there will be some overview “twitching” when I change the overview tabs.

Then I will need to go to the /appdata/ and start the tedious ui cloning process.
Coz I’ll be damned if I’m gonna do it manually 6 times.

1 Like