War Dec Abuse, Driving Small Alliances and New Players Away

Fair enough. However, I don’t think that making highsec, strategically insignificant corps immune to this would be much of a loss for wardec corps, but it would be a very positive thing for small, newbie friendly corps. If you look at zKillboard for P I R A T https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001134/ for example, you’ll notice that most of their kills come from major nullsec alliances, which generally view wardec corps as nothing more than a mild nuisance.

Fair fights are not the point, the point is, without Alpha accounts, the lack of content would have already driven the population into nothing.

Fair fights are not the point of this thread, it’s Piracy being conducted under the guise of the war dec mechanic, and the game’s inability to differentiate between wide scale open piracy, and war.

You are lost in a circle, you are repeating the same stuff that has already been answered.

“Piracy under the guise of war decs” is a game mechanic that is working as intended and there is nothing wrong with it.

o/

3 Likes

You act like piracy is somehow against a rule, while “war”, whatever you conceive it as, is fine.

One man’s piracy is another man’s war and is another man’s day at work. The mechanic exists to remove the oppressive nature of CONCORD and let groups fight in highsec for whatever sandbox reason. If that reason is to kill and take someone’s stuff, that’s all good, as is it is if for honour or in retaliation for someone insulting someone else’s girlfriend/boyfriend.

Call me insensitive for not being especially sympathetic to your plight, but you get notice of the war, flashy icons in local to remind you again, and the ability to opt-out any time by dropping to the NPC corp. I’ll pass you a tissue, but I am not going to shed many tears myself for your “terrible” predicament.

3 Likes

It’s a barrier to the growth of the game, and to a new wave of player content that would come if the game’s population increased. Sorry you’re too busy looking at the kill board to see that. A lack of new blood hampered the game and limited its population, the answer was permanent Alphas. A system that allows Piracy to be practiced openly in high sec, where the majority of new / alpha pilots reside, only serves to limit the gains of new / less skilled (or just less flush with ISK) players, thereby limiting the growth of the game’s population since a player that isn’t making ISK isn’t going to keep playing (corvettes get tiring quickly).

It is not.

EVE is not for everyone. You either embrace the “piracy” or GTFO.

It is that simple.

o/

1 Like

This attitude is a barrier to the growth of the game XD

“I came here thinking this was a space gardening simulator. But as soon as I started space gardening, evil people started shooting me and taking my stuff! This is not acceptable as this is a barrier to the growth of the game - no more space gardeners will join the game after reading my thread!”

o/

2 Likes

Alpha accounts are realatively new and nothing changed in the availability of content since they where introduced. The game would not die if that option would be removed.

OMG another one.

Listen carefuly, exclusive, high end product to survive on market must have high prices, ( hint: Cartier, Channel, Ferrari ) Eve do not have high price of some high end product so your statement “EVE is not for everyone” is utterly wrong.

What do you like about EVE?

Do you have any other suggestions apart from nerfing war decs that would make EVE better and likeable for everyone?

o/

Does that mean that because Ferraris are expensive, they are for everyone? Did you use Google to translate that from another language?

o/

What’s happening at home? Well after a massively intense week at work I’m taking a well earned weekend off. I spent the morning at the garden centre looking at some potential new recruits to brighten up the west side of the house. I’ve picked out a few maples and I’m thinking of having another try at a wisteria. The last one didn’t do very well, unfortunately. They can be pretty difficult to establish.

At this particular garden centre they do a pretty mean roulade in the cafe, so wifey and I indulged along with a cappuccino and watched the rain through the window whilst chatting about how we’re going to finance the attic conversion we have planned.

We popped into the supermarket on the way home to pick up some ham and cheese and a few pints of milk and then, after dropping her off I nipped into town to get some passport photos for my new fishing permit and pick up a some bait. I then proceeded back to the house and started sorting my tackle out for tomorrow’s trip to the lake. I’m after a 30lbs fish this year, my pb at the moment is 28.5lbs (pike, not stinky carp… eww).

This evening’s been pretty quiet. I’ve just watched Pointless and now I’m fiddling around with an antenna I constructed last week to improve VHF reception for my SDR. I’m just about to open a bottle of Old Peculiar and write out a card for Dad for tomorrow.

How’s that for exciting?

4 Likes

What is your solution, make Alpha players immune to wardecs?

Keep in mind that many Alpha players have 20 million SP characters (max SP), either injected or returning players, while new Omega players can be very low SP, and yet be more legitimate targets?

You cannot pick and choose: War/piracy for everyone, or none.

2 Likes

@mimi45 I see what you meant now. EVE is affordable for everyone (especially the alphas like you trying the ruin the magnificient game). The fact that everyone can afford the subscription doesn’t mean everyone should and will like it though.

EVE is not for everyone in the sense that Counterstrike is not for people who don’t like FPS.

EVE is unique and is is OK that some people (often noobs like you) don’t like it.

o/

I like normal, I’d get back from overseas and find gardening cathartic. I collect tropical palms and bamboo’s, grow so well in Queensland.

Going spear fishing with my son in 10 days time, southern end of the Great Barrier Reef. Best fish there is the Snapper. He is sh#t scared of sharks and salt water crocs ( have not told him about the sea snakes ).

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Player interaction = content.

Except it’s very easy for the system to track information on war decs, when, how many, against who, etc, it’s also easy for the system to see how security status and player behavior such as pvp engagements relate to war decs. There is a clear difference between piracy and war, unfortunately the current system allows for piracy under the guise of war, the system needs to be able to differentiate between wars and open piracy, this is just basic logic. The lower someone’s security status, the less easily they are able to interact with Empire NPCs, the more wars an alliance declares, the more likely it should be that Concord would recognize the criminal level of aggression taking place, this could start small, and eventually grow to Concord invalidating your war decs if you spam too many in too short a time.

The person wanting to dictate others how they have to play the game is you. You are here, crying your ass off about how EVE is too hard for you and how CCP should change the sandbox because of that.

You are an idiot for believing yourself entitled enough to demand that. That’s literally the only reason everyone is hitting on you. EVE is a full-time PvP sandbox, not Hello Kitty Online.
If you can’t cope with the game, then that’s not a problem with the game, that’s a problem with you and that’s absolutely fine. There is not a single game in existence that suits everyone. There’s no shame in admitting that EVE just isn’t the right game for you and looking for something else instead. But instead of looking for a game that suits you more, you’re here crying and crying and crying about how EVE isn’t your perfect game.

So. Shut the ■■■■ up and move on already.

3 Likes

He’s choking again, and out vomits more nonsense with no point. What you’re saying is, you don’t want more people to play the game, you want a game that is inherently limited and can never grow, due to your own choices.