War Deccing newbro corps

It’s been a while, but when I joined up with the Orphanage, we were guaranteed 15 wardecs a week against large null blocks.

I found that maybe 10% of the orphanage were guys who were solid mechanics, capable of executing sound maneuver in any ship, against any ship.

The other 90% were following directions, doing what everyone else was doing, and blapping all the flashie red dots. They were all in, but most just weren’t very skilled.

We absolutely slaughtered the null guys, wholesale. I was in several fleet fights against null entities that I recall, and I can’t recall losing one. We each had dozens of ships in the local area to choose from, good scouts, and (comparatively) a lot of smart mechanical players.

Null fleets tended to be one-dimensional. They had an obvious doctrine, one method of winning, and they would show up for a fight after traveling 30 jumps ready to take any fight.

As we would have been watching them for 15 jumps, naturally we would be flying a scissors fleet to their paper fleet… we would meet them on a gate with a bait ship, split their fleet, and mop up the mess.

Over and over I hear people call highsec fighters risk averse… which is true of some but is equally or more-so true of the fleet fighter of null.

It is the small gang mechanic that I respect though, that 10%… they’d chase you across the game in an Ibis to get a fight. And then they’d win.

They also did highsec wars.

My opinion…

2 Likes

@ISD_Sakimura This thread is obsolete due to game changes.

1 Like

Not necessarily. People will always complain, even claiming they are a newbro Corp that pooled their isk to build and deploy their first citadel only to be wardecced by those mean mean vets.

I stand corrected :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wish I only had 40 of them. Still recovering from a hard drive failure losing my list of accounts and toons on them all. :frowning:

As i said before, and i will say it again, war eligibility based on stations makes no sense.

I could make 100 times better design choices to eves, with far less work arounds, it almost makes me think they are not thinking things out.

Here’s the deal-i-o…

Eligibility based on stations is not a good stance. The system should be changed as follows

• War Eligibility is now based on a standing system, with mutual declaration.

• Two entities can declare each other “rival” or “friends”. if the political position with them is mutual, they will grant or lose reputation to each other over time. standings update each day after downtime and grant - 0.5 or +0.5 standing a day (based on treaty type). This will set +10 or -10 over 20 days.

• As a result of 5.0 or -5.0 standings new “standings” treaty options are granted, one of the two members has the right to purpose a treaty if a positive relationship or force one if a negative relationship.
  • Being -5.0 will allow for a war declaration is allowed to be launched.

• Being 5.0 will allow an “alliance” to be launched.

Additional changes to help support this system.

• Enable a monthly isk fee for corporations based on player count, like alliances incur. This will help fight alt corporations.
  • Set the value for corps at 1 million per a bracket amount. Alliance should be flat rate 10 million per a toon.
  • failure to play closes a corp
  • 30 days after a corp is closed, it cannot be reopened, and is deleted.
  • all corporations have 90 days to obtain and keep 25 people.
    • If you fall below 25, you will obtain a 30 day warning of corporate closure.

Corporate structures

• Corporations should be reworked to limit the amount of stations and station of a type they can have, so they cannot drop stations on every moon in a system. this will help free up more space.

1 Million for 0-50 players
2 million for 50 - 100 players
3 million for 100-200 players
5 million over 200 players.

this will significantly improve the game, reduce spam, and help clear up moons for others, and overall improve other related aspects of eve.

So to be war dec immune all I have to do is simply not declare anyone a rival.
Also I just move my corp every month to a new header, war dec immune since takes time for standings to fall. Even if somehow you work past my first point.

Moons are irrelevant except for moon mining, so you clearly don’t have a clue there, since Upwell structures can go anywhere.

Congratulations, you made a far worse system than structure based wardecs that forces people to grind just to have a space with friends. Great way to make people want to play EVE.

1 Like

Correct.

Because 46% of the potential people in eve do not want to pvp, AT ALL.

Limiting corporations prevents abuse, like spamming stations all over like some do, to make insane amounts amounts of isk. its strange how few have caught on to this and none realize it. #go Goons i am onto you.

Additionally, limiting stations, or even limiting stations to specific amounts of systems consolidates corporations which helps improve the rates of corporate interaction. It also helps improve the value of moons by making people want to pick a good moon for their corp. this improve the quality, and helps also motivate low sec adventures.

And that is why it will never happen. Because EVE is built on destruction as one of its corner stones, and having the means of production with stations without the counterweight of destruction breaks the game.

2 Likes

You are not in power to make that choice for this game, no one at ccp is.

Who said the only way to lose ships was pvp?

Everyone he isn’t bad at PvE.

Are you still in plasma drive? I think its time to Wardec plasma drive.

2 Likes

And everyone is not bad at pvp.
Ccp has actually stated there are groups of corps with 105 kills to 1 death ratios.

Not war eligible, and will never be. No war dec will be launched on this alliance under current mechanics.

The Main Kane Man! : D

Could you evemail @Solstice_Projekt and @Black_Pedro information about his whereabouts,
or even better, everything you have? Wasting time doing duplicate work is silly.

I’ll clue you in once I get to work things out with my afro-mexican friend.
I’m always looking for a new reason to enjoy the game. :blush:

Untrue. It’s a fact that this game has for a long time been kept alive by a tiny population of players using heaps of subscribed alt accounts.

Hi Teddy, thank you for your post.

If you checkout this page: Elite Alpha: Project Haven

I run the project from Arnon, which is one of Eve’s ‘Protected’ systems: Protected means that new players are protected from player griefing.

Why not get your corporation to move there?

It was Teddy’s first and last post and it was made over a year ago. I think he’s gone…

1 Like

Thanks Nysta, i’m kinda new to the forums and wasn’t paying attention to the timestamp on the right of the screen!

1 Like

I’d like to point out that those protections do have limitations and they aren’t a get out of PVP -card.

1 Like