Wardecs are not the problem

Why is having a structure to defend/attack a terrible idea for war? Isn’t attacking and defending the entire point? Unless we consider “slaughter noobs” a valid war reason then we have to stop treating the pirate npcs as pirates and just war dec corps.

1 Like

Because structures are not the only assets of value. Guerilla warfare is a thing. Nomadic organizations are a thing. What if you want to take control of an area for the purposes of belt mining? Or you wish to destroy someone’s prized bling ship. Stuff like that is good reason to declare war.

1 Like

All of these “pro” reasons are basically “I wish to risk nothing for my fun of blowing up your stuff” answers. In which case just end high sec war decs in whole and you’ll get the same enjoyment suicide gankers get to get your stiffy.

No risk? I’m fielding ships worth quite. You can call in backup at any time. Some groups will join a fight more or less for free. Use the resources at your disposal.

Your killboard says otherwise.

1 Like

No, I answered honestly and said i didnt know.

If you dont know the answer, then “I dont know” is an honest, valid answer.

And youre damn right the blame is on the defenders, namely the CEO. Im not saying all the worlds problems are his fault, but im of the opinion that people should, you know, be responsible and take care of your corp members if youre going to be actively recruiting, taking taxes from, and benefiting from those corp members.

I give credit to the attackers for randomly declaring war on a group because EVE. Lets not forget that first off, this isnt random, because there are more inactive corps out there than there are active. So someone must have seen a player do something in order to consider wardeccing them. Corps dont randomly type in letters into the search function and wardec the first corp that comes in. And secondly, this is EVE. Players make content, and actions have consequences. Didnt they release a trailer talking about the butterfly effect? If they can pick on wartargets, good for them, thats part of EVE and part of the game. Theres nothing wrong with the strong preying on the weak.

• We need Wardec nerf;
  • People, which can work at PC and have installed a game aren’t stupid. They are rooky (aka noobs) as you are completely noob in, lets say, a Large Hadron Collider operator;
  • We don’t need responsibility from rooky point of view. It’s a fu-king game. Isn’t it? It’s not an Atomic station console; maybe… :thinking:
    Homer-Simpson-Nuclear-Power
  • and overall, EVE rookies can say “Solonius Rex should not enter in any bowling hall in US”.

Says you.

Who said anything about fighting?

Never said consensus is truth.

And im fine with that. Im fine with people who consider mining as a means to a goal, and some people say its fun because they get easy isk for little effort. In which case, its not the mining thats fun, but the accumulation of isk thats fun.

But if were both being serious here, when we consider a new player who just started playing, and goes into mining in hisec, are you seriously going to tell me that the chances are that he will not go AFK and will prefer to stare at his screen while his mining lasers cycle? That he wont alt-tab out and do something else, or watch TV or a movie?

Im not talking about chatting in corp or in a private message. You can do those things regardless of whether you are mining. But the mechanics of mining as it stands now, is that its time-consuming with very little change, very little effort, and very little risk.

Wardec in highsec needs changed to only include structures, not the actual members, unless the members are within a certain range of a structure they own. Once, a player is within range of a structure they own and their corp is wardec’d they gain what is essentially a criminal timer with regards to the wardecing entity but it lasts 1 hour. This would allow for asset destruction but also allow corps like freighter corps to exist and be free from the s***tastic wardec system that makes them into easy highsec targets and prevents them from forming into corps.

Lets go back and bring your statement in then.

I gave you the full explanation of the enemy tactics and your answer was you don’t know what the enemy tactics are and as such can’t figure out a condition to win the war. I never said “mining corp” so you added that in. Your answer is still go sit on the toilet carebear and let the men kick you out of the game. You didn’t look for an answer when the answer was pretty much given. Sadly even if I went out to that nul sec area with my fleet and blew up the station because nobody defends it I would still be stuck in this 1 man alt corp war dec until they decide to join with their mains and gank something. Because it’s a reward with zero penalty and no risk it can be done anywhere, at any time, regardless of the defenders strength or weakness.

I consider it an exploit that needs to be closed. If you have nothing to defend and you just attack all day every day whenever the odds are only in your favor and completely hide otherwise you’re not in a war. There is no victory and there is no loss. There is only how much isk someone is willing to throw around to ruin someones day. Considering how many TRILLIONS of isk float around 50 million is chump change and easy.

So basically, a group having fun like Red vs Blue couldn’t exist in your world? Why?

Sure they can. Mutual wars while each holds one station would cost zero still. Nothing prevents dueling from still being in the game. Just because you never actually go and blow up the other station doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a war.

You did use it in that way.

I’ve been from the beginning.

You consider whatever you want. I tell you some people enjoy the activity of mining. Your opinion, or the consensus opinion or whatever, does not make it an absolute truth.

But you limit some of the best ways of fighting in RvB. It’s not always about just facing off against each other on the same field of battle. Some of the best fights are when you are trying to catch the other fleet, moving between multiple system, hoping to catch them at your optimal range. Fighting isn’t just about lining up and shooting. It is about positioning, baiting (that maller coming through the gate is bait while the real fleet drips in from else where) and more than just mass at spot A and fight.

And this isn’t avoiding the issue. This is bring up the fact that many groups, not just RvB, have enjoyed using the war Dec system as is to generate fun content for their members. Just because a tool may be used in one way to annoy or bother others, does not mean the tool does have even more value for different groups.

And that’s all war decs are, a tool to allow for conflict in hi sec space. Duels don’t always work. Try having a 30 person free-for-all with duels. It’s a huge pain. Better to get all in one corp and turn on friendly fire or two corps and go to war.

The problem is, too many see war decs just as mercs camping trade hubs trying to get easy kills, yet miss out on the other aspects of war decs that make the game more fun.

2 Likes

This is why I would not change mutual warfare. This is why I would not change faction vs faction warfare. You just need a stake in the system. Plant your stake Red and Blue. You may now wage war against the other freely anywhere. It’s a mutual war after all.

One sided wars need the fix. That’s the exploit. They have no stake in a war but get to declare it anyway?

It’s not an exploit unless the devs say it’s an exploit no matter how many times you want to claim it is.

1 Like

Poe tay toe. Poe tah toe.

You can’t win a war against an enemy that never exists either. You have no victory condition. You have no ability to attack an opponent who doesn’t exist until the second they can gank you. What do you have to fear from having a victory condition for defenders? What do you have against having a target that attackers can claim victory against?

Potato.

Common Misconceptions about Exploits
This passage contains common tactics and other player conduct that is often mistakenly reported as exploits but are in fact not.
Constant War Declarations

War Declarations are a risk that every player corporation has to face and they are under no circumstances considered harassment. Wars in general can be completely avoided by remaining in an NPC corporation

1 Like

Congratulations @Ralph_King-Griffin.
You have just given the reason why nobody in high sec sits in a corp with any toon they intend to enjoy the game with. It’s not an exploit by rule only. This does not change that it feels like an exploit that the only way you can learn how to start moving into low and null sec is basically throwing your body in and hoping the pool isn’t filled with jagged rocks.

This is why we have NPC mining fleets floating around in high sec eating belts of ice away that are one player but zero corps.

This is why we have fear of ever making a corp because we open that door to constantly being freely shot at whenever someone blinks at us funny.

This is why when high sec has hit the limits for everything you can get from the game people quit.

Avoid the question. What do you have to fear for imposing a rule on how war is declared? This doesn’t prevent war decs. It does not prevent constant war decs. It doesn’t even stop someone from declaring war on the entire eve universe.

It merely puts “win and lose” into war.