Was the CSM on board with Dr. Who?

No matter what you think of Dr Who as a franchise it ebb and flowed over many years and I believe it’s one of the BBC biggest exports with a massive back catalogue of series and styles , from black and white show’s to feature length productions. The the shear marketing and advertising from this will be a great opportunity for eve .

And it’s eve we care about so let’s see what happens

Us Dr. Who the same as Dr. Strange?

Of course there is money involved - BBC is hoping to make money from it as is CCP.

The mighty $ is the ONLY thing that motivates CCP these days - Player satisfaction is way down the list of priorities

1 Like

Wow. Money motivating a for profit company. It is a revelation truly. Before this we did not see, we did not hear.

We thank you for this astounding uncovering of truth.

Just posting to add my disappointment about this event. I utterly dislike crossovers in nearly all cases, as they are simply a cynical exercise in trying to make more money. Dr Who makes zero sense in EVE Online. None whatsoever.

I raised a ticket with support to do the same thing and will also post in “General Discussion”, as suggested by GM who replied to my ticket.

Nothing more to add. Carry on.

1 Like

It is the GM’s way of “telling you to get lost and that they don’t care so go bother someone else with your feedback”. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

There is an American age group that got started with Dr Who from PBS rebroadcasts in the '80s, I think. And some of them got their kids into it. Tom Baker for the win.

Yep. Every ship I use in this event will have a name associated with Who, just to trigger peeps.

1 Like

My favorite too.
In Australia during the 80’s you could see Dr Who 7 days a week on public TV (ABC). Old episodes during the week with a new one on Sunday evening. At one point they cut it back to 2 nights a week, one old (on Thursday evening from memory) and the latest on Sunday evening.
The outcry from Aussie fans back then saw it reverted back to daily viewing.

King John III claims BBC was founded to promote a fraudulent monarchy.
I know, sounds like a Who episode.

I too was traumatised enough to flee up the stairs as child by the Beebs Darlek programming. There is an element of Stockholm Syndrome to it.

Looks like the CSM is looking for a raft of truth to float on a sea of misinformation same as everyone else. I suppose silence is better than a flat-out lie because getting in bed with Sir Jimmy Savile’s associates is both problematic and indefensible.

2 Likes

Heh. Whoever is mass reporting my posts in here is giving me the lolcakes :smiley:

Just don’t mention Blake’s 7 coming soon…

1 Like

OMG. I just started watching those a few months ago.

And Andromeda. Their ships and weaponry are almost similar.

1 Like

Andromeda was interesting. That and the other Gene show.

Another Life on Netflix is pretty good too.

That one was enjoyable.

Well I’m a sucker for Starbuck. Although I feel it could have gone more.

My feedback on the recent Doctor Who event:

1. Great idea, implementation did not really consider the Everest a truly new player has to surmount to participate, let alone succeed in reaching the end-content.

Suggestion: Offer a pack that includes a limited time expert system as part of the signup offer. Not only do you get to inject some appreciation for the outcome of the (longer than market usually cares to bear) training skill investment, you increase the likelihood that they stay and play after the event is over (I mean, conversion was a goal, right?).

1. Filaments should have been MUCH easier to acquire given the limited time the event was available.

Suggestion: When for an event, consider making acquisition easier, and completion (i.e., blueprint drop rates), better. When I finally did break down and just buy filaments, the RNG assured I ran out of patience/interest before finishing the filaments. This likely was more skill based (or my lack thereof), so a reference to #1, above here, too.

1. Lack of insight on what potential rewards were offered played a large part in my decision to just stop trying and BUY the suit I wanted from the marketplace. I had no idea what I could find, so I just got the things I did know about and let the event go.

Suggestion: Clearly define all potential rewards and give SOME idea of their rarity. For example, HYPOTHETICALLY, if I knew that the event offered say, the suit, a dalek drone BPO, and a TARDIS shuttle, I’d have likely hurt myself trying to run enough to get them all.

1. Content was lacking in relevant “Who” related narrative or any connection to the larger story of the ‘Interstellar Convergence’. Why did it happen? How did it happen? Why should I care to help The Doctor? As a new player here FOR Doctor Who content? As an EvE player who may not even know who Doctor Who is?

Suggestion: If you can’t afford to do it yourself, run a contest for EvE players AND new players to ‘write the story’ of the how and why and make the winner THE LORE for the event.

In summary - I got the feeling someone had a licensing opportunity pitched, but didn’t really understand what it would take to make this event what it might have been - a baseline for future cross-over content that both could meet Doctor Who fans interest for new vectors in their favorite show’s lore AND new content to both introduce and entertain EvE players who seem to really want more ‘reasons to exist’ in your universe.

All that said, I LOVE my new suit and in not knowing if/what else rested in those harder filaments, I shall remain content.

Thank you for the event. I look forward to seeing if/how the concept of space-related cross-overs grows.

o7

(edit to fix missing word annnnd again to clarify a hypothetical example.)

Well the end game wasn’t for new players, it was for the long time eve players, so they catered to both with the event

Well you got your suit. Which some of us didn’t despite grinding the l3 relic sites the whole time.

So cant have been all bad.

I’m sorry you didn’t get the drop(s) you wanted. But, to be clear, I am giving feedback, not complaints. The difference is that I try to supply suggestions, too.

o7