Was the CSM on board with Dr. Who?

ROFL. But CCP is the toxic one right? Its their fault that their own player base is self-sabotaging itself?

ROFL.

Sorry I am late to answer . . .

No

we are now

in that order.

I pretty much agree with Brisc. It is a singular event, may bring new blood to the game. If you do not like it? Do not take part.

m

2 Likes

Preach it brother.

Because BBC approached them with a marketing proposal, it doesnā€™t cost them anything, they do a live event that provides content for EVE players, the create an opportunity to market the game to new players that target a demographic that EVE already appeals to.

Thereā€™s literally no downside for CCP. If it doesnā€™t work and they get no new customers, it has cost them nothing they wouldnā€™t have already spent doing a January event.

The game I love is still here, because the main reason I play the game - my friends - are still here. Weā€™re still fighting wars, still making funny stories, still enjoying ourselves. I have never particularly paid any attention to EVEā€™s lore, so a crossover like this doesnā€™t bother me.

My kid is 11 and he plays EVE. This game is nothing compared to some of the stuff he plays.

Obviously they need to fix the game, but I donā€™t see how this is precluding that. The live events team does live events, and theyā€™ve been doing live events for year. Itā€™s not like theyā€™re going to stop doing live events. People like them, and they have a lot of engagement. You can tell by the MER every time thereā€™s a popular live event.

If you donā€™t like the IP of the crossover, thatā€™s fine.

Go tell it on the mountain son. This event literally impacts nothing. It just showcases that the majority of our playerbase is crying and throwing up over a scarf. I mean, the event ainā€™t gonna stop me from blapping that venture mining in low LOL.

I just wish it was more like the Winter one. Although my battle nereus got blapped on the way into one of the mining sites. I just wanted to talk to them about their retrieverā€™s insurance policy :frowning:

Iā€™d wager most of them will leave once they learn they cannot fly phone booths around.

2 Likes

I admire the rationalization. I think you could use it to support almost any tomfoolery from CCP. ā€œI donā€™t care if CCP wrecks the game experience, ā€˜cause all that really matters are my friends.ā€

Nice.

2 Likes

Not a rationalization. When CCP wrecks the game experience and my friends all want to quit, then they wonā€™t be here. But I donā€™t make my decision on whether I keep playing the game on what CCP does in an update.

So all your friends are cool with this event?

Theyā€™re not quitting over it, no. They all think itā€™s dumb.

1 Like

Can you repeat that part, underline it, bold it, make it rainbow colored and size 11,000 font so one of the devs might not miss it entirely?

3 Likes

Why leave out the part where they arenā€™t quitting over a scarf :smiley:

Cause it wrecks your narrative huh?

Honestly, Iā€™m glad this crossover event is happening. It truly shows what the player base is now. Literally most will cry and throw tantrums over scarves. But uh, weā€™re supposed to be scary griefing MMO right?

Our player base are literal softies who throw tantrums based on a 2 wk crossover event. We def ainā€™t it anymore bruv.

But ya gotta admit, it is kinda dumb.

1 Like

Not really. To me its just companies doing business. Iā€™m also a large Who fan, so Iā€™m fine with it.

TBH I am really super. super. baduper tempted to buy a scarf and wear it just to trigger people.

And I am totally against buying clothes in this game LOL.

1 Like

Shrug. Fair enough.

If BBC offered money and if CCP is short of cash, this had to be an automatic yes.

Someone has to keep the computers on for the Alpha players.

no money involved in this.

to be honest, this is one of the first real question in that forum.

I think you have me confused with someone else. Iā€™ve never mentioned a scarf.

Bro we all know it irks you. Your edgy mask says so.