"We call it free enterprise."

------------------------ ------------------------

“I always wondered what it be like to attend a concert. The crowds, the music, the atmosphere in general sounds breathtaking! Sadly we don’t ever really get many artists down our way in Venal…They tend to steer clear of us despite there being hundreds if not thousands of fans of theirs out here. Admittedly we rarely ever buy the music of said artists and support their trade, but what else can we do if no one will sell it out here? Live in silence? Maybe I could… Fix that.”

• Suha Raibuya

“We call it free enterprise.”

June 12th YC 122

Gallente Prime, Callie - Crystal Boulevard, High-rise penthouse of Lord Gozmos

“Mr.Tamo, Lord Gozmos is ready to see you now.”

“Excellent, shall follow you?”

“Yes, right this way. Pleasure to finally meet you in person!”

“You’re his manager, correct? Benjazo Vinze?”

“Yesir, Benjazo Vinzel of Warp-stabbed records! Been Gozmos’ personal handler for about five years now. We can discuss that later, please! Right this way!”

“Okay…Quite the place he gots here.”

“One of the most lavish penthouses on the planet, would make whatever house our President resides in look like a run-down shack in the middle of Immensea.”

“I can see that… Is that a portrait of himself?”

“Oh yes, we hired a painter from the Amarr Empire to make that. Made his skills painting portraits of holders. Costed a small fortune, but definitely worth every digit to establish his presence even when he’s not home and on tour.”

“Very nice…”

“Right, so here we are - just take a seat on the couch there and I’ll be right back. Can I get you anything?”

“Some water would be nice.”

“Tap or sparkling?”

“Tap - Not a fan of carbonation.”

“You got it! Just hang tight and I’ll be rig- Oh! Looks like I didn’t need to get him after all! Mr.Tamo, this is Lord Gozmos in the flesh! Gozmos, Tamo.”

“Pleasure to meet you.”

“For so’, what’s good my man?”

“I’ll be right back with that water - Give you two a chance to break the ice.”

“Nevermind that Benjazo, I prefer we get right to business if you don’t mind.”

“Oh! Well… Of course! Gozmos? You don’t need anything, right?”

“Nah, I’m ready to talk shop if this man is down already.”

“Okay then! Well Mr.Tamo. me and my client here are incredibly interested in doing this show for your organization. We find your work as a charity planner for a group dedicated with helping those affected by Capsuleer collateral damage to be beyond noble. We had nothing to say but “Yee, yes and yes!” When you came to us to do a fundraiser show.”

“…Oh I lied about that.”

“Ex-Excuse me?”

“Yeah that was all ■■■■■■■■ so I could get my foot though the door.”

“…Security!”

“In fact my real name is Utatis Parinen-”

“-SECURITY!”

"Yo hol’ up a second on that V… My man, I gotta ask why you coming up into my home talking lies? Why you trying to play me like that?

“Because your manager here would never let us talk if he knew the real deal I was about to offer you… One that’s far more interesting than some dumpy fundraiser I assure you.”

“I’m listening…”

“Gozmos! Do not talk to this man!”

“I’m gonna hear him out V, man finessed our asses to hit me with a real deal, so I’m interested now.”

“I-…Okay! Okay Gozmos! It’s your talk…”

“Thanks V…Ight, you were saying?”

“Right… I’m here to talk to you about possibly doing a show out in Venal-”

“-SECURITY!”

“Yo V shut the ■■■■ up man! ■■■■… You talking Guristas space, right?”

“Correct.”

“Absolutely not!”

“Is there a problem Mr.Vinze?”

“Problem?! You’re seriously asking my client to do a show in pirate infested space?! You don’t see the problem here?!”

“No. Do you Gozmos?”

“It’s an interesting proposition I’ll say that much… Tell me more.”

"You can’t be serious Gozmos!

“I’ve been serious the day I started slinging mixtapes V, you know this.”

“Beivert. I need you to listen to me carefully - You do not want to go into Guristas territory. If you do? Nobody can guarantee your safety.”

“I can.”

“You will kidnap him! And either hold him for ransom or kill him!”

“Why would I kill the artist I’ve been sent out to get you to come up to Venal to do a show?”

“Look, you lied about being a charity planner and lied about your real name - This show idea sounds like ■■■■■■■■ now! And I will not sit idly by and let my client walk into this.”

“Ah yes, because your client is incapable of looking after himself and needs you holding his hand 24/7?”

“Ayo! Hol’ the ■■■■ up! I don’t need no-one holding my hand to do ■■■■. Now V, I want you to sit your ass down, ight? Let me talk to this man.”

“I think we’re done here honestly.”

“V I sign your ■■■■■■■■■■■■ check practically! You listen to me?! Got it?! Now sit your ass down before I stomp it out.”

“…Fine! But don’t think I’m not gonna be here to be a voice of reason! I’m listening to every word!”

“Fine by me Mr.Vinze. Now Gozmos, I think we should talk figures, no?”

“My favorite part.”

“Figured as much, how does Fifteen million sound?”

"In what?’

“Interstellar Kredits.”

“What the ■■■■?! Fifteen million ISK?! You for real?”

"I got wealthy people interested in making this happen.’

“Alright, alright…But why Venal? Am I playing for pirates?”

“Absolutely, your music has bit of a following among Gurista ranks and file. Almost positive once we start advertising for the show it will be sold out like that.”

“■■■■, for real? Gurista are rocking my music?”

“-Music that they stole no doubt.”

“V!”

“It’s true Gozmos… Your manager isn’t wrong, the Guristas are probably the leading contributor to all piracy committed against your work… So to compensate that, how about we bump up the fee another fifteen million?”

“Thirty million ISK?! ■■■■, my music can be free to Guristas at this rate.”

“Beivert, moment. How do you expect these people to even pay you?”

“We’ll pay upfront, every kredit.”

“And if we don’t show?-”

“-We kill you.”

“…”

“Not gonna lie, that’s some real gangster ■■■■ right there.”

“So you in?”

“He not - Beivert, as your manager I have to STRESS to you that this is not a good idea!”

“Why not V?”

“Why not?! They’re ■■■■■■■ pirates! Terrorists that murder, plunder and destroy!”

“We call it free enterprise.”

“Ayo, I’m gonna name a song after that. That ■■■■ sounded cool as hell!”

“No! We’re not taking any inspiration from this man! End of story!”

“You gonna let this man control your life Gozmos?”

“DO. NOT. Manipulate my client you Guristas swine!”

“Oh because it’s your job to manipulate him?”

“Hey! ■■■■ you pal!”

“He got a point V… You’ve spent this entire conversation trying to steer me away from something that could get me some serious cred. Not mention with that kind of money I can buy that pleasure Navitas for me and the squad.”

“Oh we can toss that in for free if you want.”

“Where do I sign?”

“Don’t worry about the paperwork, we’ll talk the details and organize trans-”

“-I’m one press from calling the cops if you continue trying to rope my client into this arrangement.”

“I wouldn’t do that Mr.Vinze.”

“Yeah I’d put that ■■■■■■■ phone down V, I don’t ■■■■ with this man and I certainly don’t want no cops showing up at my door. I’m gonna look like a pussy ass ■■■■■ if you do that.”

“I’m trying to protect you Beivert…”

“You trying to take control of my god damn life and career V! This ■■■■ sounds like my goddamn destiny and you’re here denying me… Brought me down here originally to talk about showing up for some corny ass fundraiser saying how that’s beat for my career, when this man here is offering me some ■■■■ that is gonna get me mad rep-”

“-and a Federal Investigation.”

“Man ■■■■ the Federales! I ain’t scared them ■■■■■-made spooks!”

“That right there is why your client is popular with the Guristas in the first place Mr.Vinze.”

“Yeah, I got haters up my ass with their ■■■■■■■ keyboard saying how I’m some kind of studio gangster now, I gotta show them that I’m the real ■■■■ still - Showing up and doing this Venal show is gonna shut these ■■■■ boys up right quick, you heard?”

“Oh I heard…”

“I tell you what, I got this new project in the works. Real classified top-secret black eagles type ■■■■, you dig? I’ll drop two singles for this show.”

“No! Absolutely not! You will leak a SINGLE GOD DAMN TRACK to Gruistas! I will have the goddamn label come crashing down on you if you do this Beivert!”

“Your manager is starting to sound more and more like a slave driver Gozmos.”

“You stay the ■■■■ out of this!”

“How about you stay the ■■■■ out of this V?! I’m tired of your ■■■■■■■■, get the ■■■■ up on out of here.”

“Excuse me?!”

“You heard me, get the ■■■■ out! I don’t your ass controlling my career anymore!”

“Should I remind you that have a contr-”

“Man ■■■■ your ■■■■■■■■ contract! I’ll burn that ■■■■■■■■■■■■-”

“-You will not so that-”

“-I will BURN that mothefucker right in your face! Get your ass out, you fired ■■■■■. Bye.”

“Like hell I am!”

"Bye ■■■■■! Ayo Timber! Get this Jacus Roden looking ■■■■■■■■■■■■ out my house.’

“Get your ■■■■■■■ hands off me!”

“Bye ■■■■■!”

"You’ll be hearing from the board about this Beivert!

“I’m sure I will! Bye ■■■■■!”

“…”

“…”

“…So where were we my man?”

“Ah yes…Do you have any qualms about doing this show aboard a Capsuleer owned Foritzar?”

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.