We demand a Zero Tolerance Policy for malicious rookie scammers

I don’t expect you to understand anything at all.
Maybe you should consider asking questions instead of jumping to conclusions.
I should remind myself of that more often as well.

You’re also mixing things. You take quotes out of context,
put them together and think it makes sense, when it doesn’t.
That’s where the “asking” part would come in,
if you weren’t already predetermined to jump to a specific, wrong, conclusion.

See this:

“In the past I’ve just wardecced people”.

This wasn’t actually related to new player corps, but bigmouthing assholes in general.

“And then what? Dec them and shoot the rookies so they quit?”

I’ve never actually did that. Shooting the rookies is the wrong way to go. One tries forming bonds with the new players and then attacks the CEO. Then one tries to get the new players into a better corp, or makes sure they can handle themselves. There was one guy who was exceptional at this, called Don Purple. He is a master of getting people from different corporations together into one and then played with them.

You’re an asshole for jumping to a completely wrong conclusion by taking quoted selectively like this.

1 Like

Except all the quotes I taken were posted within same context.

And that was stated in the context of corp owned by “bigmouthing asshole” who happens to be screwing rookies around.

At best that’s the keetle calling the pot black, at best for you that is. Just because You spout nonsense around without taking care about wider context of the conversation does not make that common context inexistant. And within that broader context what you have stated in there - wether you inteded it this way or not - is that in the past you would just wardec that guy, but now You can’t because they need structures to be war eligible.

So hint for You in there would be - take more attention to how the things you write sound within the context of the conversation, or You’ll easilly make yourself look like hypocritical fool.

1 Like

BRO, I was a new player to this game. I didn’t mine, I did the math and could see clearly that mining is a terrible strategy. I went to the EVE University website, read their warnings, and started doing everything they listed. I started ganking and scamming miners. As a new player, I started isk doubling, trade window scamming, contract scamming, market manipulating, and absolutely wrecking people I don’t like. I stole a miner’s drones my first day in EVE, before I ever even heard of the CODE. James was also a new player once, and he started out as an investment guru and life coach.

I love this game, and the fact that NEW PLAYERS can outwit experienced players is what makes this game so great. New players are perfectly capable of making good decisions and winning. If they are stupid enough to join a corporation called Incompetent and Proud, then they deserve what happens to them. New players are not innocent little lambs who need to be protected, they are ADULTS who are quite capable of thinking without you carebears putting bumpers in the bowling lane.

2 Likes

Oh my god that is so funny.

2 Likes

This ^^ is the proof

I joined Brave Newbies and we were targeted by every EvE player and their mothers in Hiigh. Low and Null sec. Fantastic times!

2 Likes

This is perhaps the most carebear thing I’ve ever heard.

What’s it like to play EVE but hate it’s soul?

2 Likes

Yeah! Like New Order Logistics, perhaps the most newbie-friendly corporation in all of EVE Online. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think I know of a single scam in EVE that a day-one newbie shouldn’t know better than to fall for. Maybe the trade-window scam. Yeah, that one can could get anybody. Shrug. Still don’t care.

To be fair 99% of the games that they’ll have played beforehand don’t allow scams of any description; as such a scam, that is obvious to those of us that have been playing a while, may not be perceived as one by new players due to their past gaming experiences.

That said “fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me” is an all-pervasive part of Eve.

1 Like

No sympathy.

1 Like

I keep reading “rookie” as “cookie” and become irrationally angry that someone would want to scam me out of my cookies

4 Likes

Congratulations, you had way more knowledge of the game than most new players. The newbies that need to be protected are the ones that don’t even know that EVE University exists, not the “newbies” who come in fully informed and only lacking in character SP.

Newbies do not need protection.

1 Like

And apparently EVE doesn’t need player retention or income, according to you.

PS: CCP clearly disagrees with you, given the ban on attacking/scamming/etc newbies in the tutorial systems.

Bollocks.

I don’t care whether CCP agrees with me or not on this topic.

1 Like

Really, by that standard if I make an alt called The Mitani then I must be The Mitanni :stuck_out_tongue:

From what I read of them no, they are quite badly run. Dunno why people think I’m the same CEO as the one who ran that group.

I agree with Merin, most newbies need a corp that can be a ‘living’ EVE University website. Corps such as Incompetent and Proud, SEADAC, and EVE University are 3 good examples I know of, and while they get the newbies into pvp much quicker than I would say many are comfortable with, the Newbie corps of the nullsec coalitions are also very good.

Only Naari would say Noori Naarian